Babalu

frankw

Reaction score
Babalu is currently in the ICU, on a ventilator and they are treating him for EEE. Test results won't be back for another day or two. He's not doing well right now and could use whatever positive thoughts and prayers you can send his way. If it is EEE and if Jeff makes it, he's in for months of recovery. So please keep Jeff, his wife and his kids in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh my God! This is awful. I thought they were spraying down there. I hope he pulls through okay.:sulk:

Horrible news. My thoughts are with him and his family.

oh man, this is horrible news, thank you for sharing.

Jeff and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

TG they did spray, and spray heavy, because we had no mosquitoes the past two/three weekends aboout a mile from his house

Babalu is currently in the ICU, on a ventilator and they are treating him for EEE. Test results won't be back for another day or two. He's not doing well right now and could use whatever positive thoughts and prayers you can send his way. If it is EEE and if Jeff makes it, he's in for months of recovery. So please keep Jeff, his wife and his kids in your thoughts and prayers.

I will do exactly that.

Best wishes to Babalu, his family and my fervent wishes that the tests come back with good results and he recovers fully in time.

EEE stands for Eastern Equine Encephalitis and it is transmitted to humans via mosquito bites. The fact that Babalu may have this illness hit me like a ton of bricks because we live in the same town and I haven't really taken reports that EEE mosquitos have been detected in the area all that seriously up until now.

For those that may live in EEE affected areas, or anywhere really, this means every precaution should be taken to avoid getting bitten, as difficult as that may seem to manage. I will certainly do so from now on and I thank FrankW for posting this tough news.

Wow.

oh man, this is horrible news, thank you for sharing.

Jeff and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

TG they did spray, and spray heavy, because we had no mosquitoes the past two/three weekends aboout a mile from his house
That really sucks. All the proper precautions and he still got it.:sulk:

Holy sh.t..... :(

we're pulling for you big guy.

OMG! Thanks, Hawg, for posting what EEE was, cause I had no idea! And thanks, frankw, for letting us know! Fervent prayers coming from Indiana... PLEASE keep us posted on his condition, and all you guys in the vicinity of this, STAY SAFE!

IEEE stands for Eastern Equine Encephalitis and it is transmitted to humans via mosquito bites. The fact that Babalu may have this illness hit me like a ton of bricks because we live in the same town and I haven't really taken reports that EEE mosquitos have been detected in the area all that seriously up until now.
Hawg I am with you, I never spray myself, I mean never but will start doing so - damn this is scary stuff

Hawg I am with you, I never spray myself, I mean never but will start doing so - damn this is scary stuff

No shit.

I mean.....we get our yard sprayed regularly, but I have still been bitten dozens of times this year and you never stop to think that it could end up with very serious consquences.

I mean, one little mosquito bite can do this to you......so unbelievably unfair.

People should familarize themselves with this disease by studying up on the cause and symptoms, but it seems like avoiding bites entirely is the only way to prevent it, as impossible as that seems.

http://www.cdc.gov/easternequineencephalitis/

Only 5-10 cases reported annually and poor Babs had to be one of them.:sulk:

Only 5-10 cases reported annually and poor Babs had to be one of them.:sulk:

I'm no doctor, but I believe that FrankW stated that while Babalu is being treated for EEE, they are still waiting for the tests to come back before that is a known.

I hope I got that right, but that's how it sounded.

In any case, EEE or not, it sounds like he is very ill and we can only hope and pray for the very best for him and for his.

Ughh.......My thoughts and prayers are with Babs and his family. This feels like a boulder in my stomach right now. Get well big guy. Please.

Thoughts and prayers heading up from DC now.

Also purchasing stock in SC Johnson.... Luckily, we've had no outbreaks down south so far this year (i.e. home, but haven't checked if DC has), but it's enough of a reminder to start being careful.

I'm no doctor, but I believe that FrankW stated that while Babalu is being treated for EEE, they are still waiting for the tests to come back before that is a known.

I hope I got that right, but that's how it sounded.

In any case, EEE or not, it sounds like he is very ill and we can only hope and pray for the very best for him and for his.
we can hope that this hospitalization is not EEE but possibly an infection/complication of babs' recent broken ribs injury instead :Lecture:

either way, the words ICU & ventilator ain't great news :mad:

however, whatever it is, we all know babs is the one guy who can kick the ass of whatever it is that needs it ass kicked!!

wow..my prayers to Babs and his family. get better dude.

This is terrible

positive thoughts and prayers for sure

How absolutely frightening. He is a force, and hopefully he'll pull through this nightmare. Positive thoughts and well wishes for him and his family.

Back