Babalu

I had the pleasure of bumping into Jeff's wife and kids today. They were on their way to see him. She told me he is working hard and making improvements, a lot of work to do but he is a fighter.

I wish I had the strength she does, it is amazing. Jeff may be a fighter and taking this on but he has the greatest cornerman he could ever ask for getting him ready to do his battle. His family and friends are a great team.
She amazed me when Jeff and I in Salem, making that trip on an almost daily basis and taking care of the kisd also. Some of the best behaved children that I ever saw. Jeff did a great job in picking a partner and they did a great job on those kids. I just hope that there is a sudden breakthrough in Jeff's case and he suddenly becomes close to normal again. That is what I want for Christmas.:thumb:

I had the pleasure of bumping into Jeff's wife and kids today. They were on their way to see him. She told me he is working hard and making improvements, a lot of work to do but he is a fighter.

I wish I had the strength she does, it is amazing. Jeff may be a fighter and taking this on but he has the greatest cornerman he could ever ask for getting him ready to do his battle. His family and friends are a great team.

Just Awesome

Jeff is still fighting hard. Tomorrow he is going for his first car ride! He has worked very hard to be able to get in and out of his car. His reward...a trip to Oktoberfest!

Jeff is still fighting hard. Tomorrow he is going for his first car ride! He has worked very hard to be able to get in and out of his car. His reward...a trip to Oktoberfest!
:clap::clap:
I hope he can have a few sips

Excellent news.

I can't speak to his particular situation and most medical people will state that alcohol tends to foul up the efficacy of medication, but that seems to be a convenient exaggeration in many cases (according to a professional drug clinician I know).

Here is hoping that he enjoys the day regardless and a few sips would probably do the lad some good.

Beer can be a most excellent motivational tool and nobody, but nobody I've ever encountered appreciated a fine brew more than Jeff. He's a beer genius.

o:)

Thinking of you today, Jeff. Hope you are feeling well and getting stronger every day.

Sadly, no beer. Still on anti seizure meds.

Sometimes I find that having a beer or two keeps me from having a seizure - but that's mostly work-related so I guess the doc's are in the right here.

Hopefully Jeff has been able to catch some of the Pats games...except for this past week.

Babs, come back to the top of the list. I am drinking a Natty Ice in your honor.:insane::toast:

-------------------------------
Lobel's Cowboy Steaks.

No doubt about it: This is our biggest, brawniest bone-in rib steak—a hefty two pounds of USDA high-prime, dry-aged beef. The cowboy steak's characteristic frenched rib bone accentuates the he-man look of this cut. It's serious business for the serious steak lover.
------------------------

Hawg's photo gives a good perspective on the size of these... we're talking about 2 3/4" thick. Our buddy Tom got a photo showing one after it was cooked. I'll post it when I get home.

Seasoned them up'; rubbed them with ev olive oil. Seared 'em directly over really hot coals, 3 min per side.

Then we gave 'em another brushing of ev olive oil and switched them to indirect heat off the coals. Periodically rotating and checking the internal temp with the ThermaPen. (Didn't want to leave it to guess work on a cut this thick and this $$$) When they hit 125 degrees in the middle of the thickest part we pulled them off the heat, dropped a healthy pat of butter on each one, draped foil over them and let them sit for 5 minutes.

Perfecto. Nice char on the outside, succulent, warm and rare on the inside.

Perfection. I had no problem polishing off 2+ lbs of the absolute juiciest, tastiest steak I've ever experienced....along with great beer, great friends, a fantastic spot on the shore of a spectacular lake.
I've had worse days.

By the way, this meal was at our base camp after we came off the trail.

Normally when we're out in the back country we carry lightweight food (ramen noodles, freeze dried foods, etc)

This time, however, Hawg lugged a beautiful marinated pork tenderloin in his backpack. Cooked to perfection over a campfire on the shore of Pogy Pond, it was the tastiest, heartiest trail meal I can remember.

Hawg and I will be doing our 2011 backpacking trip next week with our 3 Baxter Buddies. This year, we'll be finishing up the trip with a fine selection of brews, cigars, and :high:. Along with Alaskan King Crab legs and 5 dry aged 22 oz USDA Prime Porterhouses from Lobel's.

It probably won't suck.

Still looking forward to treating Babalu to one of these awesome steaks.

Back