Battle of the midgets: Patriots vs Giants Game Thread 1PM Sunday Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t change the past…unless you have your Time Machine all dialed in.

True. Just saying that it may have been mutual at the end. That's fine. The departure in 2019 was mutual.

If Belichick wanted to give Brady a multi year deal that he wanted in 2018, the divorce would not have occurred.

I just find that, over the course of these discussions, people usually fall into one side or the other. Just depends on the person.

That’s great. We can still talk about that while also discussing Brady. It’s not binary. Brady also effectively retired a Patriot in Week 1 this very season. That Brady board should have all the posts emptied out of it, and put into the main forum, IMO.
Oh, I see, so you newbs here get to determine how this forum should work… despite those of us who have been active here for well over a decade and had the Brady sub forum created so that Brady lovers like Mazz would stop infecting every thread (like this one) with Brady-Brady-Brady posts.
Yeah, no. We made that subforum for this precise reason.

Oh, I see, so you newbs here get to determine how this forum should work… despite those of us who have been active here for well over a decade and had the Brady sub forum created so that Brady lovers like Mazz would stop infecting every thread (like this one) with Brady-Brady-Brady posts.

Shannon Sharpe Wow GIF by MOODMAN

As President of the Belichick Slurpers Club, it pains me to say Deus is correct. Brady would have finished here if Belichick wanted to make it happen

BB actually did want Brady to stay & he tried to make it happen by going beyond what he was comfortable with for a 42 year old player.
Belichick's 2019 offer has been widely reported to be 2 years/$53M which Brady turned down during TC in 2019.
We all should remember Brady, during the 2019 season, saying he was the most miserable 8-0 QB ever.
Some reports (Ian Rap) said after the 2019 season that BB was willing to go as high as $30M to better Tampa's offer but only for 1 year. Tampa offered 2 years/$50M fully guaranteed.
BB wasn't comfortable matching Tampa's offer. He stood pat at 1 year/$30M. Brady and Kraft met, Kraft couldn't persuade him to stay, they had a good cry and Brady moved on for more money.

It was what it was. Personally, I can understand both positions.
BB was concerned about age, cap space, eventual dead cap hit and the poor roster that needed upgrading with little money to get it done.
Brady had an opportunity to join a team with a much better roster that offered almost double the money, fully guaranteed for 2 years.

I don't blame Kraft, Brady or Belichick. It was an impossible situation - BB went as far as he could and Tampa smartly offered more than BB could match.
Those situations happen frequently in negotiations, the highest bidder almost always wins.

BB actually did want Brady to stay & he tried to make it happen by going beyond what he was comfortable with for a 42 year old player.
Belichick's 2019 offer has been widely reported to be 2 years/$53M which Brady turned down during TC in 2019.
We all should remember Brady, during the 2019 season, saying he was the most miserable 8-0 QB ever.
Some reports (Ian Rap) said after the 2019 season that BB was willing to go as high as $30M to better Tampa's offer but only for 1 year. Tampa offered 2 years/$50M fully guaranteed.
BB wasn't comfortable matching Tampa's offer. He stood pat at 1 year/$30M. Brady and Kraft met, Kraft couldn't persuade him to stay, they had a good cry and Brady moved on for more money.

It was what it was. Personally, I can understand both positions.
BB was concerned about age, cap space, eventual dead cap hit and the poor roster that needed upgrading with little money to get it done.
Brady had an opportunity to join a team with a much better roster that offered almost double the money, fully guaranteed for 2 years.

I don't blame Kraft, Brady or Belichick. It was an impossible situation - BB went as far as he could and Tampa smartly offered more than BB could match.
Those situations happen frequently in negotiations, the highest bidder almost always wins.
Bottom line is we should count our blessings as football fans that we got to witness the perfect alignment of Brady and Belichick.

Greatest run ever. By far.

Bottom line is we should count our blessings as football fans that we got to witness the perfect alignment of Brady and Belichick.

Greatest run ever. By far.
I was asked once by someone if I would trade in Brady's 7th ring in Tampa for him to finish with the Patriots and 6 rings and I said yes. I so badly wanted him and Bill to finish here together no matter how it all ended.

I was asked once by someone if I would trade in Brady's 7th ring in Tampa for him to finish with the Patriots and 6 rings and I said yes. I so badly wanted him and Bill to finish here together no matter how it all ended.

I am torn on this alternative history.

I did enjoy watching Brady beat Mahomes AGAIN in the playoffs. However........I think I agree with you. Maybe, LOL.

I just find that, over the course of these discussions, people usually fall into one side or the other. Just depends on the person.

That’s great. We can still talk about that while also discussing Brady. It’s not binary. Brady also effectively retired a Patriot in Week 1 this very season. That Brady board should have all the posts emptied out of it, and put into the main forum, IMO.
:lol::lol: Your post got 1 like so far, and guess who that was from? I'll do a dislike to offset that one, don't take it personally.

I am torn on this alternative history.

I did enjoy watching Brady beat Mahomes AGAIN in the playoffs. However........I think I agree with you. Maybe, LOL.
That entire run beating Brees and Rodgers on the road and them Mahomes was magical. Best run of his career.

I said “IMO,” which means, “in my opinion.” Why are you so angry? Have you not gotten laid in a while?

I said “IMO,” which means, “in my opinion.” Why are you so angry? Have you not gotten laid in a while?

I just saw you joined here in 2009!

How many years does it take to not be considered a newbie? I want to know when I can begin offering a strong opinion here. My calculations tell me not before 2034. My pubes will likely be turning gray by then. Damn!

I just saw you joined here in 2009!

How many years does it take to not be considered a newbie? I want to know when I can begin offering a strong opinion here. My calculations tell me not before 2034. My pubes will likely be turning gray by then. Damn!
Did I really? Damn. I also posted here for a few months back during Covid, too, so I don’t think I qualify as a newbie. I love how grown men and women are getting all up in arms over more people posting on a message board, though. First world problems, I guess. @PatsFan09 just threw a hissy fit on a recommendation that Brady be treated as the Patriot he retired as while some 12 year old farms rice in Vietnam under brutally hot conditions for 10-12 hours a day, then gets to go home to a hut with no central AC and inconsistent running water. What a world we live in.

Did I really? Damn. I also posted here for a few months back during Covid, too, so I don’t think I qualify as a newbie. I love how grown men and women are getting all up in arms over more people posting on a message board, though. First world problems, I guess. @PatsFan09 just threw a hissy fit on a recommendation that Brady be treated as the Patriot he retired as while some 12 year old farms rice in Vietnam under brutally hot conditions for 10-12 hours a day, then gets to go home to a hut with no central AC and inconsistent running water. What a world we live in.

He left dammit! Loyalty to the laundry.

I'm so sorry.
How can I live with myself ?

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back