BB Doesn't Have To Tank. He's Doing This Instead...

How many of those other GMs have EVER won 3 Superbowls? Never mind going to 4 in 5 years.

I give BB all the latitude. He has earned it. A down year after 20 years of excellence to reboot is not a big deal. And next year they have tons of cap space.

How many of those other GMs have EVER won 3 Superbowls? Never mind going to 4 in 5 years.

I give BB all the latitude. He has earned it. A down year after 20 years of excellence to reboot is not a big deal. And next year they have tons of cap space.
None really. I have no issue with anything BB has done, but not sure I like him saying what he has been saying in the past week. Bill never cared what others said, and now for some reason he does.

He is getting called out everywhere just google it. Even other GMs are calling him out on the cap excuse.

This isn't about Brady. This is about Bill and what he has done as GM for the last 6 years. He is the one that brought up the past and used it as excuse for where the team is today. Please re-read my post about the way he has managed/built the team and then let me know if you feel his statement holds any water.

Now, if you want to just give him a pass because he is the GOAT HC and you want to revel in our pass successes then that is a different issue altogether. Have at it. But the current putrid state of the team falls 100% on him as the GM and there are specific reasons that we are in this mess with the cap issues and a roster void of talent.
I will actually! A HC who has overseen 6 Superbowl Wins. 9 appearances, 9 AFC Championships and 17 times AFCE Division winners.

There isn't a fan anywhere of any team that would say no to that if it meant a few years of poor performances.

Some pretty interesting and amusing quotes in here.

NFL executives, coaches take issue with Bill Belichick's comments on salary cap​

By Ryan Hannable

Bill Belichick made a lot of headlines with his comments over the weekend when he said the team is playing younger players this year and doesn't have much roster depth due to salary cap limitations.
The coach doubled down on Ordway, Merloni & Fauria on Monday.

“Look, we paid Cam Newton $1 million,” he said. “I mean it’s obvious we didn’t have any money. It’s nobody’s fault. That’s what we did the last five years. We sold out and won three Super Bowls, played in a fourth and played in a AFC championship game. This year we had less to work with. It’s not an excuse, it’s just a fact.”

A number of various NFL executives and coaches took issue to the comments, speaking anonymously to Mike Sando of The Athletic.
Here's a sampling of the quotes.

Former head coach: “I saw that and I thought, why is it out there? Bill never would put anything like that out there, and all of a sudden it’s out there. Something is weird.”

Executive: “I have always wondered if they just decided to tank this year, especially once they had the opt-outs.”

Veteran coach: “Bill is saving up for next year and blowing smoke and hoping people believe him, crying poor, whatever. There is nothing to it. He knows it. They got stuck when Brady called their bluff and left. They didn’t improve the team and Brady said he’s out, going to go get some sunshine, bring his boy Gronk out (to Tampa Bay), have some drinks with the head coach and have some fun and call it a career.”

Executive: “It seemed very un-Belichickian to say what he said. You are the coach and GM. You have made all these decisions unless there is a veiled message, which could make you think about what they’ve spent. ... It is not a cap issue. They have been tight against the cap in moving money around, but lots of people have had the ability to do that and go through it.”

Executive: “Belichick has really run it tight economically whether it’s been players or staff or coaches and I think that has probably finally caught up to them. The cap is an excuse. The cap to me is hiding really that they haven’t spent cash. And it’s not just players. I wonder to some degree whether they’ve had a little bit of a brain drain. Everybody focuses on the coaches who have left not being successful, but (Titans GM) Jon Robinson, (Bucs GM) Jason Licht and all these other guys have left also.”

Executive: “Tell me the last Pro Bowl player they drafted and what year."

Yeah, I'd really listen to other GMs and Coaches who have absolutely zero envy of Bill's success!

It's pretty hilarious that in a soft tank year, the idiot haters all decide to pile on BB.

This year was inevitable...just deal with it. It's a small price to pay for the next dynasty, barring finding the next legit QB. BB has to pick the right QB. THAT is super, duper imperative.

Some pretty interesting and amusing quotes in here.

NFL executives, coaches take issue with Bill Belichick's comments on salary cap​

By Ryan Hannable
Bill Belichick made a lot of headlines with his comments over the weekend when he said the team is playing younger players this year and doesn't have much roster depth due to salary cap limitations.
The coach doubled down on Ordway, Merloni & Fauria on Monday.

Executive: “Tell me the last Pro Bowl player they drafted and what year."
Onwenu, 2020.

Back