BB Planet

Field Yates
@FieldYates
Bill Belichick just had greatest run for any head coach in NFL History.

In a total of 24 seasons, the Patriots won 17 AFC East titles, reached 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them. All during an era in which the league was set up for turnover and parity, as was the case for nearly every other team during that same stretch.

Two things can be true at once: Tom Brady can be the best player in NFL history and Bill Belichick can be the greatest coach in NFL history. Brady undoubtedly helped Belichick have immense success, while Belichick played a massive role in Brady’s development. They are the GOATs at their respective jobs.

Under Belichick’s leadership, the Patriots had an unparalleled run of unlikely success stories forged by his relentless scouting pursuits and the belief that as a coach you needed to focus on what a player could do best and maximize that. From turning a Pro Bowl wide receiver in Troy Brown to a cornerback late in his career, finding a college QB in Julian Edelman who became one of the clutch playoff players ever or a college champion wrestler in Stephen Neal who didn’t play football and developing him into a starter on a Super Bowl team, there was no stone left unturned.

And on the field, anyone who appreciates football scheme and strategy has been glued to the Patriots for 24 seasons. Belichick crafted some of the greatest individual game plans in NFL history, including Super Bowl XXXVI when the team pulled what was then the biggest Super Bowl upset ever over the St. Louis Rams. Every game was also like a learning experience for football junkies, as the preparation and attention to detail was off the charts.

An iconic 24-year stretch.
7:07 AM · Jan 11, 2024
·
Views

GDl4dmEWQAARb29

The more it sets in, the more you think Kraft could have done more to keep this one going. Thats what I thought was actually happening this week. Then I keep hearing stuff about Mayo and can't help but feel it's way too early for him. I hope if it does happen he prove me wrong but not going outside to get some fresh blood to me is a big, big mistake.

Devin McCourty on the idea of Bill Belichick becoming the next coach of the Cowboys (via
@SNFonNBC
“If Bill Belichick is the guy that comes in there, this team will never show up for a playoff game like that. That's one thing I promise you....If they have the opportunity to get Coach Belichick in there, you don't turn that down.”

For those saying BB can't work for Jerruh, let me remind you that Bill Parcells worked for Jerruh for 4 years.

It will warm Jerruh's heart to know he has Bill Belichick as his HC and RKK is paying his salary. Think about that.

Last edited:
Devin McCourty on the idea of Bill Belichick becoming the next coach of the Cowboys (via
@SNFonNBC
“If Bill Belichick is the guy that comes in there, this team will never show up for a playoff game like that. That's one thing I promise you....If they have the opportunity to get Coach Belichick in there, you don't turn that down.”

For those saying BB can't work for Jerruh, let me remind you that Bill Parcells worked for Jerruh for 4 years.

It will warm Jerruh's heart to know he has Bill Belichick as his HC and RKK is paying his salary. Think about that.
Bill Parcells also only worked for Bob Kraft for 3 years. Belichick worked for him for 24 - and also, it's not like those two have gotten better over the last 30 years.

I really can't imagine he'd want to spend his last 2 or 3 years in the NFL with the meddlingest of owners.

Bill Parcells also only worked for Bob Kraft for 3 years. Belichick worked for him for 24 - and also, it's not like those two have gotten better over the last 30 years.

I really can't imagine he'd want to spend his last 2 or 3 years in the NFL with the meddlingest of owners.

But Jerruh pulled back when Parcells was there.

Bill has a chance to do something special in Atlanta. An owner who is not the worst of them, a great stadium, a football mad fanbase and a franchise that has never won a SB. Bill is a bit of Southern man in many ways and the Falcons are in a pretty crap division and with a bit of direction and good coaching could really do something.

Bill has a chance to do something special in Atlanta. An owner who is not the worst of them, a great stadium, a football mad fanbase and a franchise that has never won a SB. Bill is a bit of Southern man in many ways and the Falcons are in a pretty crap division and with a bit of direction and good coaching could really do something.
He's also not afraid to spend money, Blank that is.

I've always been a BB guy. I was in favor of giving up a 1st to the Jets to bring him in here, because great players
have always recognized that he gives them an edge on their opponent if they just listen to him and that is a theme
that present players repeat the exact same way as Ty Law and others did 24 years ago when they were lobbying
Bob hard that Bill was the guy. It worked out pretty good, didn't it?

Still, I'm trying hard to not get frustrated that it finally ended the way it did, because at some point I began to tire
of some of the quirks the man has. And there were a few of those that seemed foolhardy. And I started asking myself
questions and noticing certain things.

I'll have more to say on that in time, but it's only been a week and every day something will pop into my head,
for instance, I'll think "well, shit.....maybe Mayo thinks he can do better than having a Defensive Back who gives up
a completion on 9 out of every 10 targets even if he's a wonderful person."
and so forth. I mean.....that's only one less than any of
us would give up. We keep hearing that particular dude is very versatile and I agree-- he can give up a 90% completion
rate no matter where he lines up. He can't cover Jake from State Farm. Not even the original pudgy, white one with the khakis
and I just know that if Bill stuck around then so would he.

I feel sort of like a cow looking at a fence with a gate mistakenly left open and what appears to be some really tasty and green grass just on
the other side. I'm not at all sure I belong on that side of the fence, but I might wander over and give that grass a try before long.

But......I'm afraid to. Could it be poison? I dunno. :shrug-n: Maybe it's just too soon, and it's all too fresh. 24 years is a long time.

This is a lot to process.

Back