BB Press Conferences

Bill's issues with the press go all the way back to his Cleveland days. His cantankerous relationship with them is what really blew spygate up from a press perspective. There are consequences for everything.

Responding to perceived personal attacks with intentional personal attacks is almost guaranteed to get a thread shut down sooner.

Anyway, to the original topic, there would be no point to those follow up questions except the entertainment value of being antagonistic and watching Bill still not answer the stupid questions and remarks from obnoxious reporters. And probably end the press conference sooner.

And yes, if a reporter continues to be such an asshole, Stacy can remove and revoke their credentials. Bill owes the media NOTHING except showing up for the mandated appearances. Bunch of sensationalist vultures if you ask me.

Responding to perceived personal attacks with intentional personal attacks is almost guaranteed to get a thread shut down sooner.

Anyway, to the original topic, there would be no point to those follow up questions except the entertainment value of being antagonistic and watching Bill still not answer the stupid questions and remarks from obnoxious reporters. And probably end the press conference sooner.

And yes, if a reporter continues to be such an asshole, Stacy can remove and revoke their credentials. Bill owes the media NOTHING except showing up for the mandated appearances. Bunch of sensationalist vultures if you ask me.
I could not disagree more with this. The media is an extension to the Fanbase. The majority of questions asked of Bill are from the beat reporters inquiring about the team, upcoming opponent, etc. He treats them like they’re dumb, ignorant and stupid and in turn keeps the fan base in the dark as he snorts and grunts along. With the few times he has actually opened up to talk football it has been spectacular and many times up here we all talk about how we wish he would do it more. It’s a shame but I have said many times up here that he made our historic 20 year run feel like drudgery with the way he handled each and every win and championship with his pandering attitude of onto the next game. He was as cuddly as a cactus and the ultimate wet blanket.

I am not shocked that you disagree and no member of the media is an extension of me. I form my own opinions, as the media by and large ARE in fact dumb, ignorant, and stupid.

Maybe it was drudgery for you. I found it glorious.

Last edited:
I still don't know what the point is of the OP starting this thread. Does he feel bad for the media? Was his feelings hurt by BB attitude during the PC? Is he trying to save BB from himself? Or, as I suspect tring to get controversy going here as if we don't have enough?
He mentioned patsfans being harsh with him. The new mods at patsfans are much more tolerant than some of us who used to moderate that board a few years ago. So, I suspect that he may have gone way over the top there. I could find out but it's not worth my time.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, it just seemed like a whole backstory drama thing, which is not the first time that happened on another site and washed ashore here.

Sometimes you get somebody that likes it better here and contributes something to the joint, but more often than not you get a problem child
with a pet axe to grind who can't get along any better here and soon disappears.

There are no sacred cows here, really. There have been plenty of resident Brady worshippers, but most of us have moved on. Bill is the GOAT, to me, but
he has clearly fucked a couple of things up this year, which is going to happen because he is, technically, human. It was a complex blame pie to be
split and we'll all be debating who gets what for a long time to come. Bill has earned a slice, for sure.

Looking back on your lead post, it struck me that you wanted him to answer for his mistakes to a bunch of reporters. To take his public flogging
like some 30-something slapdick whose team is competing for a top 3 pick.

I'd say he doesn't have to do anything of the sort and I'd rather see him fix it next season than get print-whipped by a bunch of Boston media sharks whose only
concern is harvesting clicks.

Bill is the only guy the media can't control. He's the last of his kind and may he never be broken. Let him behave like a jerk one week and then make up
for it by filling up their notebooks with rare insights the next just like he always has, but, that's just my opinion.

I still don't know what the point is of the OP starting this thread. Does he feel bad for the media? Was his feelings hurt by BB attitude during the PC? Is he trying to save BB from himself? Or, as I suspect tring to get controversy going here as if we don't have enough?
He mentioned patsfans being harsh with him. The new mods at patsfans are much more tolerant than some of us who used to moderate that board a few years ago. So, I suspect that he may have gone way over the top there. I could find out but it's not worth my time.

The answer to all of the above questions (including the supposition that I went way over the top at another site) is no.

I asked the questions I did because I honestly do not see what reporters have to lose by being more confrontational with Belichick. If they can't grow a backbone now while the team is struggling and public criticism of BB's coaching and staffing decisions appears to be growing, then they probably never will. I got some answers to my questions (e.g. it would be pointless, Stacey James might pull their press credentials, etc.) as well as some insight into people's perspectives on the local sports media.

The thread on the other site was locked for its subject matter alone, as I simply do not post often enough or provocatively enough for the mods to care about me either way.

The thread on the other site was locked for its subject matter alone, as I simply do not post often enough or provocatively enough for the mods to care about me either way.
That didn't happen. That's all I can say on the matter, and will be my last post on this thread.

I could not disagree more with this. The media is an extension to the Fanbase. The majority of questions asked of Bill are from the beat reporters inquiring about the team, upcoming opponent, etc. He treats them like they’re dumb, ignorant and stupid and in turn keeps the fan base in the dark as he snorts and grunts along. With the few times he has actually opened up to talk football it has been spectacular and many times up here we all talk about how we wish he would do it more. It’s a shame but I have said many times up here that he made our historic 20 year run feel like drudgery with the way he handled each and every win and championship with his pandering attitude of onto the next game. He was as cuddly as a cactus and the ultimate wet blanket.
Sun Tzu. The Art Of War. Read it. :coffee:

I literally got banned at Pats fans for saying: SUM TING DING DONG... :coffee:

The answer to all of the above questions (including the supposition that I went way over the top at another site) is no.

I asked the questions I did because I honestly do not see what reporters have to lose by being more confrontational with Belichick. If they can't grow a backbone now while the team is struggling and public criticism of BB's coaching and staffing decisions appears to be growing, then they probably never will. I got some answers to my questions (e.g. it would be pointless, Stacey James might pull their press credentials, etc.) as well as some insight into people's perspectives on the local sports media.

Reporters have been confrontational with Bill, see Tom Curran. But you can't force Bill to answer. I'm not sure what you want him to say. He's not going to admit publicly that he made bad coaching hires and really none of us want or need him to do that. It's more important that he fix the situation in the off-season.

Back