Best New England Clam Chowder

rako

Reaction score
Questions:
Where can you get the best New England Clam Chowder? I heard the real stuff is amazing.
Do any of the major brands compare? I love the stuff even from the cans!

Questions:
Where can you get the best New England Clam Chowder? I heard the real stuff is amazing.
Do any of the major brands compare? I love the stuff even from the cans!

I like eating spam better than chowder.

I'm not a clam chowder fan, but Internet research led to Snow's and Campbell's Chunky being popular if you're looking for something in a can. Some folks doctor it by adding minced clams, cream, thyme, etc.

If you want the real good stuff ($$$$), go with Legal Sea Foods.

Why is this in the Assclown Asylum? I don't think rako is an Assclown. Am I mistaken? His/her thread about megaliths seemed legit.

Why is this in the Assclown Asylum? I don't think rako is an Assclown. Am I mistaken? His/her thread about megaliths seemed legit.

He (or she) opened it here, but you are right - moving to the main forum.

The best clam chowder is clear broth chowder and not that creamy thick crap. Thankfully my wife has this recipe down and it is the best I've ever eaten.

I dont like clam chowder. I was force fed cold Snows by my uncle everyday for two summers.

I dont like clam chowder. I was force fed cold Snows by my uncle everyday for two summers.

Horrid. You poor thing. I just can't get that image out of my head.

image out of mind.

ROFL

Even though I was born and raised in Rhode Island I prefer Manhatten clam chowder. Great with some fresh deep fried clam cakes.

The best clam chowder is clear broth chowder and not that creamy thick crap. Thankfully my wife has this recipe down and it is the best I've ever eaten.

Isn't that RI clam chowda?

~Dee~

It is, after having the clear broth chowda I will never go back to the creamy style.

I make all 3 but my fav is still NE hubby likes Manhattan, and everyone will eat RI if push comes to shove.:toast:

~Dee~

Not sure this really applies, but here is a web site you all might want to check out. There are like hundreds of seafood recipes here. Something like 80 soups, stews and chowders. If ya like to cook, this is pretty cool to look at. Hope ya enjoy.
http://reelaffair.com/recipes1.asp

I'm turning a shit ton of trout into crabcakes (sub the crab for trout)...they're fvcking amazing!!!! Use Old Bay or sum ting like a cajun mix for spice and use buscuits crumbled up/flax (for binder material). Make sure to blacken them when cooking...ala BBQ. DAYUM!!!!!

Back