Big 'O' Off The Big Show For Awhile (Sad Reason)

That really sucks. I hope things work out for the Big O and family as I couldn't imagine how I would feel if I were in this same predicament.

*EDIT*

Good post Dwight, well said. :thumb:

Can't hear the show and don't know him from Adam, but prayers for the family. Amen

Likewise.

Have no idea who this guy is, but it doesn't matter.

I wish him and his family all the best, and will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

We take things for granted, everyday things (like childbirth), and then something like this happens, and we realize how fortunate we really are.

Can't hear the show and don't know him from Adam, but prayers for the family. Amen

Glen Ordway is the host of the afternoon show on sports radio WEEI. He's known as the "Big O" and the show is called "The Big Show with the Big O". He used to provide the color commentary for the Celtics with Johnny Most many years ago.

That is sad news to hear. I hope every thing goes well for the Big O and his family.

Why would a child spend time roaming the halls of a children's hospital?
Just curious.

Brother and sister used to go there all the time for treatments, so I was there hanging out a lot from as long as I could remember. Used to get grilled English in the cafeteria near the main lobby, shop the gift shop for "Yes & Know" books, ride the scary rickety elevator in the emergency wing, wander around the outdoor garden, play the crappy pinball machines in the "rec room" on the ward floors, etc.,. Ate a lot of snack meals from vending machines (little juice cans with silver paper pull-tabs; premade sandwiches where you took them from a drawer and put them in the Neanderthal microwave and pressed a big numbered button). They even used to let me go up to the blood bank to pick up blood bags; I never really thought how weird it was, but this was also back in the day when a kid could go to the corner store and buy cigs for his dad. When I was real small I would skip school for the whole day; later on, when I went to Boston Latin, I could walk over after school. Freakily enough, they are great memories, except for the part where they both died when I was 12 and 14 respectively...

My thoughts and prayers are with the Ordway family. As someone who's wife just gave birth a few weeks ago, I know how serious this has to be. Without knowing first hand what happen I can only speculate that something happen during the wife trying to have a natural birth. Perhaps she had a rupture when she was trying to have the baby naturally. I know that if and when this happens it is a pretty serious situation for both the baby and the mother. I know this only because after 9 months of carrying our son, my wifes doctors decided when she was in labor that she should have a C-section. It was a decision that probably saved us from a serious situation. While performing the C-section, the doctor could tell that my wife wouldn't have been able to deliver Dylan naturally and had she tried, the wall would have ruptured.

As I said before, my thoughts and prayers are with the Ordway family. I know how hard it is having your son in ICU. Luckily we live near some of the best hospitals in the world. Let's all say a prayer tonight for the baby and his mom.

God Bless.

Rich

After going through two child births I cannot imagine what he is feeling right now. Thankfully we (Boston area) are in the best place for things such as this. Imagine living in the middle of Montana and this happens?

The Big O was on WEEI a few minutes ago. Things are better for his wife and daughter, which is good news! His wife Sarah has been discharged from the hospital but has to stay in bed at home.

They are cautiously optimistic about their daughter, but after surgery, she's doing well.

The Big O was on WEEI a few minutes ago. Things are better for his wife and daughter, which is good news! His wife Sarah has been discharged from the hospital but has to stay in bed at home.

They are cautiously optimistic about their daughter, but after surgery, she's doing well.

Good news, thanks for the update. And best wishes to Glenn and his family.

That's good to hear things are looking up for the O family.. :)

Glad to hear that. Hope his daughter continues to recover.

Back