Biker slows down in front of range rover and gets tapped

I think many people haven't read the links to the news articles.

From the OP.

An NYPD spokesman told MailOnline the Lien was taken to hospital and treated for lacerations to his face and body.

He said there were no other injuries reported from the incident.

From the NBC News story.

The video shows the motorcycles converged on the 33-year-old man's vehicle on the West Side Highway in Harlem, and he apparently clipped a bike that cut closely in front of him.

The motorcycle rider suffered a broken leg, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said. Some of the other bikers then surrounded the SUV.

"They take their helmets and start to dent his car, and apparently his tires are slashed there with a knife," Kelly said.

The video, shot with a helmet-mounted camera, shows the driver then took off, knocking down more bikes as others tore down the blacktop after him.

So it would appear that guy who cut in front of him is the only biker who got hurt.

OK, that's an accident, and you can argue he shares some blame for the incident, but the driver of the SUV didn't do it intentionally, it was an accident.

Once that incident occurred, he ran over bikes, not bikers.

So it does not appear to be the case that he ran over people, merely their motorcycles.

Driving over a bike isn't the same as driving over a person.

Under such circumstances I don't blame him at all for driving over the motorcycles.

Regardless, these bikers found out that Larry Niven was right. Lien had The Deadlier Weapon

I think many people haven't read the links to the news articles.

From the OP.

From the NBC News story.

So it would appear that guy who cut in front of him is the only biker who got hurt.

OK, that's an accident, and you can argue he shares some blame for the incident, but the driver of the SUV didn't do it intentionally, it was an accident.

Once that incident occurred, he ran over bikes, not bikers.

So it does not appear to be the case that he ran over people, merely their motorcycles.

Driving over a bike isn't the same as driving over a person.

Under such circumstances I don't blame him at all for driving over the motorcycles.

Regardless, these bikers found out that Larry Niven was right. Lien had The Deadlier Weapon
In the video it appears the biker is slowing down on purpose, while the contact may be an accident it was based on the behavior of the biker not the RR. The mob surrounded his vehicle and a biker stopped in front of him. Accident it was but not one the RR driver can be blamed for.

And yes he hit bikes only and I don't blame him.

If you had a 2 year old in the car, a scared 2 year old who sees all these strange people circling you and making threats do you just laugh it off?

Or Do you do what ever you must to protect that child?

This group is a collection of arseholes who think they are above the law and the only way to deal with that mob is to attack back... I would have locked 4 WD and taken out a boatload of them.

I have no issues with bikers, hell I support their rights but this group was not just a group on a peaceful ride, they were out to mess with people.

I never said to laugh it off. I'd slam on my brakes and stop before running them over.

These were dicks on crotch rockets, not armed Banditos shooting at the RR.
Posted via Mobile Device

What I got from the video is that the crotch rocket cut the vehicle off and then brake checked him. This caused the RR to run into the bike
(a bike will brake much faster then the RR can). Then the bikers all converged on the RR in a mob rage and the only escape option for the scared driver was to run over bikes to get out of the situation. I am sure the RR owner didn't want to run over the bikes, but running over bikes is better then getting the crap kicked out of you while sticking around waiting for cops to show up.

They Blocked him in and he was in fear for his family's lives

The police aint gonna do SHIT for you right then and there

Was he supposed to just stay there and let them pull his whole family out?

This group of assholes was looking for trouble, and they got it. Maybe next time, they shouldn't clog the entire highway up and terrorixe people.

They Blocked him in and he was in fear for his family's lives

The police aint gonna do SHIT for you right then and there

Was he supposed to just stay there and let them pull his whole family out?

This group of assholes was looking for trouble, and they got it. Maybe next time, they shouldn't clog the entire highway up and terrorixe people.

Maybe he should have asked them nicely to get out of the way, I'm sure they would have obliged..

I never said to laugh it off. I'd slam on my brakes and stop before running them over.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sure that would have been effective..not armed bandits, just a mob, what could go wrong?

What I got from the video is that the crotch rocket cut the vehicle off and then brake checked him. This caused the RR to run into the bike
(a bike will brake much faster then the RR can). Then the bikers all converged on the RR in a mob rage and the only escape option for the scared driver was to run over bikes to get out of the situation. I am sure the RR owner didn't want to run over the bikes, but running over bikes is better then getting the crap kicked out of you while sticking around waiting for cops to show up.

Were any guns present or brandished or fired? No. This was asshatary filmed for YouTube. If a bunch of Mexican highway bandits with semi-automatic weapons pulled this, and that happened to three friends who were driving through Mexico headed to surf off Baja, then yeah....run them over. But this wasn't that and they weren't shooting. Just driving like assholes. Let several crawl up your ass then slam on your brakes so they smash headfirst into the back of your RR. That will clear your baffles and more than likely clear a path.

I'm not going to condone running over someone unless they are shooting a gun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

he didn't, he ran over bikes...the bikes of someone trying to assault him.

Posted via Mobile Device
did you watch the video? The RR stopped after bumping the tire of the frito bandito, he was then confronted by numerous bikers. Now did they have guns? Who knows but I rather not find out.

Were any guns present or brandished or fired? No. This was asshatary filmed for YouTube. If a bunch of Mexican highway bandits with semi-automatic weapons pulled this, and that happened to three friends who were driving through Mexico headed to surf off Baja, then yeah....run them over. But this wasn't that and they weren't shooting. Just driving like assholes. Let several crawl up your ass then slam on your brakes so they smash headfirst into the back of your RR. That will clear your baffles and more than likely clear a path.

Posted via Mobile Device
simply put I think you are totally off base and wrong.
he didn't purposely run anyone over, he was braked and collided with the guy while another tool was making a video. It was only when he was confronted that he ran and trashed a bike.

You can not compare the two, one was in Mexico with three thugs the other was on a US highway with a bunch of douchebags on bikes who think hey are above the law. Gun sighting or not, when a group of angry people surround you and you child you feel threatened. I am not sticking around waiting for a gun, I am not giving them a chance to harm my kid. I am getting the hell out of there and getting my kid to safety.

I am not one to lump a group of people into single categories at any given time, but in this instance, people who own these rice-rockets, a vast majority of them are accidents waiting to happen.

On Sunday when I had the extreme pleasure of shopping with wifey at Ikea in Stoughton, a few of these idiots entered the highway from Brockton and proceeded to speed through traffic. When they got past the Westgate exit, they decided to put on a show for everyone by pulling "wheelies" down the highway.

One day, one of these assholes is going to get nailed by a cop or an 18 wheeler.

Here is a bunch of videos of this group riding, can't link them to youtube because they have all been removed by the uploader.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

There was also dirt bikes (no headlights, brake lights or turn signals) that were illegal to be driven on the road and four wheelers being driven on the road. I know in some rural counties here, if they have a DNR number, they can be driven on the road. I seriously doubt they are allowed in NYC. The name of this ride was "Hollywood Stuntz", so as someone said before in this thread (I think), the videos were made for show.

I am not one to lump a group of people into single categories at any given time, but in this instance, people who own these rice-rockets, a vast majority of them are accidents waiting to happen.

On Sunday when I had the extreme pleasure of shopping with wifey at Ikea in Stoughton, a few of these idiots entered the highway from Brockton and proceeded to speed through traffic. When they got past the Westgate exit, they decided to put on a show for everyone by pulling "wheelies" down the highway.

One day, one of these assholes is going to get nailed by a cop or an 18 wheeler.

This kind of thing is precisely what I have seen. I was traveling up 495N to my camp a couple summers back, in my SUV, not on my bike that trip. In my mirror, I see two bikes approaching at high speed. Doing wheelies. At about 100 Mph. I was in the middle lane. One passed me on the right, one on the left. Still on one wheel, both of em. They proceeded out of sight. 5 miles up the road, traffic slows and stops. Eventually I get to the cause. A crashed bike in the woods. Shocked, I tell you. These riders are idiots.

Yes I've seen the video.

This was an event the NYC knew of. The police were around for some of it, but apparently stopped covering and this occurred. In Texas we have major Harley rallies/rides but not crotch rocket X Games on the roads. If this behavior is prevalent up there, it should have been monitored much more closely.

We simply don't allow dumbass shit like this, so my stance is vastly different. A group like this one would have a very difficult time organizing and operating. Our roads are dominated by trucks and SUVs. It would be very difficult for them to take over the road. :shrug:
Posted via Mobile Device

The ride was also unauthorized (why police weren't around to stop traffic, why they also started riding on sidewalks when they encountered traffic). This ride will not be allowed to happen in NYC again either legally.

These guys are out looking for trouble and they found it, don't feel at all bad for them.
Crossing the double yellow, blowing off red lights, acting like tough guys, grow the phuck up.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...nother-critical-in-nyc-range-rover-chase?lite

This article has my blood boiling. The aunt of the guy who got run over is blaming the driver of the Range Rover for all of this calling her nephew an "innocent bystander". Give me a damn break lady. Typical punk crap. You're all tough until someone fights back and then it's all their fault and you're the innocent victim.

Don't hang around with people who are out looking for trouble and you probably wont find it.

Also, don't videotape your douchebagery, children.

Back