Bill and Kraft part ways

TB left - be it negligence, or maybe it was time, or the reality of the salary cap - whatever. It was going to happen.

BB is now gone, and it was time. The last two/three seasons do nothing to lessen the amazing 20 year run. He was a key cog in a machine that set all the expectations for success.

It sucks, more so that we'll miss what he was, and now we'll get a much better feel for what he brought to the table that we didn't see.

I think the bright side is any good coach has to realize that they'll have one job - fix the offense. The D, with Gonzo and Judon coming back, is top tier. I would think this would make the search easier on the RKK and JK - especially with the #3 pick.

I'm actually excited about this - optimistic, even. Why not?

That isn't the point. Roberto indicated that Kraft would lose the fanbase over this. I think it is just the opposite actually. If he had kept Bill after these last 2 seasons, he would have lost the fans more ... by the way, winning cures everything. Hopefully this org has another great dynastic run in it!
Count me as one fan who disagrees with you.

TB left - be it negligence, or maybe it was time, or the reality of the salary cap - whatever. It was going to happen.

BB is now gone, and it was time. The last two/three seasons do nothing to lessen the amazing 20 year run. He was a key cog in a machine that set all the expectations for success.

It sucks, more so that we'll miss what he was, and now we'll get a much better feel for what he brought to the table that we didn't see.

I think the bright side is any good coach has to realize that they'll have one job - fix the offense. The D, with Gonzo and Judon coming back, is top tier. I would think this would make the search easier on the RKK and JK - especially with the #3 pick.

I'm actually excited about this - optimistic, even. Why not?

Because the sucky part is, once Brady left you saw how inferior QB play really was. From Cam to Mac to Zappe..it was jarring. I am afraid it will be the same with the new coaching. It's going to take a hit, even if it is Vrabel.

I want Vrabel, I want Mayo to be DC and McDaniels as an Assistant head Coach/QB Coach.

I think we're going to regret this just like we did when Brady left.

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom
Well, who am I to keep you down?
It's only right that you should play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat, drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
And what you lost
Oh, thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say, women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
You'll know
Now here I go again, I see the crystal vision
I keep my visions to myself
But it's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams, and
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell, dreams of loneliness?
Like a heartbeat, drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
Ooh, what you lost
Thunder only happens when it's raining
Women, they will come and they will go
Oh, thunder only happens when it's raining
Say, women, they will come and they will go
You'll know
You will know
Oh-oh-oh, you'll know

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Stephanie Nicks

Uh, you clearly missed Brady’s Miami shenanigans, eh?

i didnt miss it, just dont care.. it wasnt some egregious event that warrants turning on Boston's most elite and decorated athlete

BB was stringing him along and wouldnt give him longer than a 1 year deal, Brady finally hit his breaking point and knew he was gone.. demanded a no tag clause and that was that

brady wouldnt have been entertaining anything if BB handled the situation better.. he knew he was gone, it was offseason, Miami came to him and he listened

players cant tamper

Just read the list of first round draft picks from the last 15 years.
I’d trust any five random people on this forum more than BB drafting.
I know I know, he can coach up anyone, and he can. Identifying and acquiring high end talent is everything in today’s NFL. He can’t do that, and Brady covered it up for years.

No questions are being allowed during the press conference. Red Sox and Patriots. Bunch of babies.

Just read the list of first round draft picks from the last 15 years.
I’d trust any five random people on this forum more than BB drafting.
I know I know, he can coach up anyone, and he can. Identifying and acquiring high end talent is everything in today’s NFL. He can’t do that, and Brady covered it up for years.

Complete BS.

There'll be no questions at the presser. Kraft and Belichick will both make statements. Kraft will meet with the media later today to answer further questions. This apparently is the compromise that satisfied Bill being a part of the announcement.

Back