Black Monday

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
Ron Rivera has been fired by Washington.
Arthur Smith has been fired by Atlanta.
More to come?

Last edited:
I do want to put a couple of sleeper picks out there.

Kevin O'Connell in Minnesota, and Brian Daboll with the Giants. (Who could both end up with jobs here if that's the case)

What do you all think about Antonio Pierce? Does LV go out looking for a new HC, or retain him?
Honestly, the Raiders head coach job has become the most cursed in sports. I could see Davis both keeping him for no reason, or firing him for no reason. 5-4 with a win over the Chiefs should, in reality-land, be enough for him to keep his job, but truthfully who the hell knows.

It seems that every year there are 5-8 coach firings. Counting the two that were fired during the season, that leaves us at 4.

It seems that every year there are 5-8 coach firings. Counting the two that were fired during the season, that leaves us at 4.
True.

And of all the vacancies, where are potential Belichick trade spots? Atlanta should be on that list - depending on what he thinks of Arthur Blank, of course. That team's a QB and a coached-up defense away from being in contention to win the NFC.

Also Cliff Kingsbury is still out there - if he doesn't take a college job (which I actually kind of expect, don't ask me how I know), if the right team offered him a HC NFL job, or even an OC job, he might just take it.

Do we know how long O'Brien's OC contract was for? (And HE will also be around in talks for HC jobs).

What do you all think about Antonio Pierce? Does LV go out looking for a new HC, or retain him?
The players in LV seem to support him becoming the permanent HC there. I don't know who would want that job other than him, though. The inmates are running the asylum, seemingly with the blessing of Davis.

The players in LV seem to support him becoming the permanent HC there. I don't know who would want that job other than him, though. The inmates are running the asylum, seemingly with the blessing of Davis.
which job is less attractive? carolina with crazy dave as owner or l.v.?

They supported Rich Bisaccia too - we saw what happened there.

Edit: If you forgot, it was '7-5 record after the Gruden disaster and a yard away from a playoff win isn't good enough, when Josh McDaniels is right there'

Last edited:
Back