Blount to IR

I don't presume to think that Ball is the answer to anything other than to provide another warm body for the roster. Bolden is very active on special teams and that adds another layer of risk to the RB depth.

I agree. I'm actually terrified of having Bolden at RB because he's so important to ST. Especially with Slater getting banged up pretty badly a couple of times this year.

It's about time ( I'll attribute it to Ernie) to come up outta the creek bed with another one of them impressive waterbug scatbacks.

It's about time ( I'll attribute it to Ernie) to come up outta the creek bed with another one of them impressive waterbug scatbacks.

I think it's time to unveil operation 'Pink Stripes'

We have reached the injury saturation point that calls for secret weapon.

I've got him:

Trey Millard.

Oklahoma bruiser.

Catches well.

Bad weather coming. I could see a little Heath Evans style here.

Steven Jackson rumors are circulating FWIW.

Steven Jackson rumors are circulating FWIW.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/16/report-steven-jackson-meeting-with-patriots/

Veteran running back Steven Jackson is meeting with the Patriots Wednesday, ESPN’s Ed Werder reported.

Jackson played for Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels when McDaniels held the same role with the Rams in 2011. The Patriots are exploring options because starting running back LeGarrette Blount has a hip injury that could force him to miss the rest of the season.

Jackson, 32, had eight straight 1,000-yard rushing seasons from 2005-12. He averaged 46 yards per game over the last two seasons with the Falcons.

The Patriots added Montee Ball to their practice squad Tuesday. Blount’s absence leaves just two running backs on the active roster, Brandon Bolden and James White.

Also according to the original FSPN story:

The team also worked out rookie running back Alonzo Harris, formerly of the Packers, on Tuesday.

OK maybe I missed something but I didn't see anywhere that it said he was going on IR.
It said he was done for the season that could mean just the last 3 games of the season couldn't it?

OK maybe I missed something but I didn't see anywhere that it said he was going on IR.
It said he was done for the season that could mean just the last 3 games of the season couldn't it?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-blount-out-for-season-because-of-hip-injury

The Patriots have lost another key starter to injury, this time for the season.

The team will place running back LeGarrette Blount on season-ending injured reserve, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported according to sources informed of the injury. Blount suffered a hip injury in Sunday's win over the Texans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-blount-out-for-season-because-of-hip-injury

The Patriots have lost another key starter to injury, this time for the season.

The team will place running back LeGarrette Blount on season-ending injured reserve, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported according to sources informed of the injury. Blount suffered a hip injury in Sunday's win over the Texans.

Why had they not already done it if they are going to? Rapoport has at times jumped the gun on this kind of report.

It is but I liked the way he ran the ball. He was able to bounce outside a few times and get the edge. He also ran with some power which I had not seen before. We don't need a ton from the run game but we need more than what Blount was given us IMO. He was dancing too much this year and seemed slower.

All true.

That said, he was averaging more than 3 yards a carry. :shrug:

For what it's worth, Blount has not been IR'd yet and is listed in the injury report as DNP. :shrug:

Any technicality that would prevent him from being IR'd yet? Could they be working on an injury settlement and outright release?

For what it's worth, Blount has not been IR'd yet and is listed in the injury report as DNP. :shrug:

Any technicality that would prevent him from being IR'd yet? Could they be working on an injury settlement and outright release?

It could very well be this.

A penny-pinching move, to be sure, but Blount's got zero chance of coming back here next year for any sort of money, anyway. May as well shave a few grand off the bottom line if you can, right?

It could very well be this.

A penny-pinching move, to be sure, but Blount's got zero chance of coming back here next year for any sort of money, anyway. May as well shave a few grand off the bottom line if you can, right?

Yeah, but then he won't be able to get his SB ring.

:coffee:

Cool. I'll own it! I will be the 1st one here saying that the Broncos shit them selves if and when they do!

Don't bother. We really don't need anymore of your ludicrous ""I'm a standup-uo guy" bull shit.

Just go with Tommy's suggestion. "**** off".

Back