Boston Bruins hockey

Bertuzzi and Coyle with a great sequence on the first goal today, like they've been playing together for years. Well done Don, well done.

Bertuzzi and Coyle with a great sequence on the first goal today, like they've been playing together for years. Well done Don, well done.

We need to figure how to keep Bert. He was a solid winger in Detroit with play making skills but they pressured him to do more and it sometimes backfired. With the Bruins he can be that 3rd line LW that embarrasses other 3rd lines. Coyle will score MORE.

It was pathetic what Dylan Larking did. Play hardball, and ask for more money than he's actually worth from the Red Wings, and due to a dearth of other better than average talent, Steve Yzerman caved to their "captain", which he almost never does. And that resulted in Bertuzzi, and a couple of other solid players, being traded to try to recoup something. And then Dylan Larkin got in front of the press and literally cried about losing his best friend, Bertuzzi. He's the reason.

Oh well. The RW's are only my second favorite hockey team and my B's have him now. Although, I think the price was steep and that must indicate they are going to try to sign him.

I hope.

That was an excellent play but Bert, sending it over towards Frederic who passes it back to Bert behind the net then the quick pass to Coyle, he's a smart hockey player and the B's would do well to sign him long term if they can afford it.

That was an excellent play but Bert, sending it over towards Frederic who passes it back to Bert behind the net then the quick pass to Coyle, he's a smart hockey player and the B's would do well to sign him long term if they can afford it.
There is no reason why the bruins can't sign orlov and bertuzzi. They will have to make some changes to the roster. But it can be done. They could free up some cap space. By moving on from griz and hall. That would get the ball rolling in the right direction.

That was the worst loss of the year. And swaymen was putrid in net. How the hell did that last oilers' goal go in? A high school goalie makes that stop.

Last edited:
Plus, to the surprise of absolutely no one, the Boston Bruins are the first team to clinch their spot in the playoffs.

Boston officially punched its postseason ticket after the New York Islanders' loss to the Washington Capitals on Saturday. It's the Bruins' seventh consecutive playoff

So I watched the end of the Bruins game, I see how difficult it is ti defend against you, Congrats to Detrior.

But the 2nd game I watcxhed,,,, let's just say am starting to feel it as a fan. I have hope.

They are starting to look tired. And worn down. They look the Celtics with all the turnovers. Pastas turnover at the blue line today on the power play was brutal. He pukes the puck up a lot.

QUOTE TO NOTE: “It’s frustration. We’re not working as a team right now and it’s the first time all year I can say that. The energy and the emotion of our team right now is at levels that I haven’t seen all year.” –Boston Bruins head coach Jim Montgomery to NESN following Tuesday night’s loss.

Last nights disaster was the worse game I've seen them play all year, players skating into each other, horrible passes that were constantly picked off by Chicago and too many passes when they are in the offensive zone. They needs to get it fixed and this road trip is the perfect time to fix it.

Good win against a hot Wild team today. Coyle came to play in front of his former fans. That said I hate the goals that get called back on really minor transgressions. The Bruins won 2 coaches challenges (!) for Wild offsides. One was pretty egregious but the other one was an inch and the Wild controlled the puck for 10 seconds or so in the Bruins end before the goal. My 2 cents.

Good win against a hot Wild team today. Coyle came to play in front of his former fans. That said I hate the goals that get called back on really minor transgressions. The Bruins won 2 coaches challenges (!) for Wild offsides. One was pretty egregious but the other one was an inch and the Wild controlled the puck for 10 seconds or so in the Bruins end before the goal. My 2 cents.
They played really well today. They had lots of offensive zone time. Both overturned goals were clearly off sides. You win some. You lose some. It wouldn't bother me. If they dumped reviewing off sides. On the other hand, it would really suck to see teams score goals when they are off side. And the refs miss it. Damned if you do. Dammed if you don't.

If Coyle had any scoring touch he would be a monster, but can't have it all I guess. He was damn good start to finish today, my favorite was the short hander attempt he didn't score on, just the way he fought off the defender and drove the net was awesome, the goalie just made a good save. The dude is so strong as hell on his skates.

I didn't love the 2nd offside review call even though it was correct. I'm not a full on purist but I just hate those millimeter difference ones that really had no effect. It was close on that second one too that Johansson made a hand pass, really close, but I think he nicked it with his stick after the hand. Great play by him really. The first offsides was clear though, surprised the refs missed it in real time.

I don’t have a problem with those reviews, off sides is a cut and dry play and one that should be reviewed when it leads to a goal. The video review teams for each team have enough time to tell if it’s offsides or not so it doesn’t really waste much time in the grand scheme of things.

Anyways, good game yesterday, Minnesota was a bit of a roll and it was good to see (actually hear) the Bruins were back to playing their game. 1 more road game and it’s back home for 3, as for the points record I don’t believe they will reach it after losing 2 to start the road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back