Boston Bruins hockey

It begins. Florida is a tough physical team and really threw the lumber around in the first last night. It was a critical Sweeney win to get Garnett "Ace" Hathaway (been saving that one), Bertuzzi and Orlov to help protect guys by providing a necessary physical payback to the Florida hits. Hopefully that will save the skill guys some wear and tear.

I don't like to predict, so just call it a thought. We hold game two and that's the last we see of those thugs.

Cheers

Bruins were outplayed in the first 2 periods yet still got the lead and held onto it then in the 3rd they locked it down and prevented Florida from scoring and all this without their capt Patrice Bergeron. Thuggery isn't going to win them any games and that's all they really have to throw at the Bruins, if they win on Wednesday I'm with BT, that will be the end of that. This years Bruin team is on a mission and they're not going to let anyone stand in their way.

Florida will try to intimidate and goad tomorrow.
They need an edge. Expect they won’t succeed. Maybe I’m wrong.
Wonder if swayman plays or are they going to ride Ullmark for a while.

that came up on some hockey show (alternate goalies or Ullmark all the way) and the guys talking - respectable hockey guys and I think former players - were like "you have 1 goalie in the playoffs". If Swayman plays that might indicate Ullmark still dealing with something, although if he was I didn't notice it last night.

Florida will try to intimidate and goad tomorrow.
They need an edge. Expect they won’t succeed. Maybe I’m wrong.
Wonder if swayman plays or are they going to ride Ullmark for a while.
I am comfortable and confident with either goalie. How many other teams fans could say that I wonder.

I was going to comment on toronto. They got crushed. Or we could take note of Tampa and wonder if all of the talking heads saying they are past their prime is a wake up call and they are going to be a tough out.

I was going to comment on toronto. They got crushed. Or we could take note of Tampa and wonder if all of the talking heads saying they are past their prime is a wake up call and they are going to be a tough out.
that series bears watching for sure.

They scare me.

Bergeron officially ruled out for Game 2. I am ok with that.

@patswin is right and I expect this to be a very physical series as long as Florida is in it. If Bergeron is nursing an upper body injury, there's no sense in rushing him back until there is an urgent need to do so.

I'm sorry but I can never feel bad for Toronto MP's fans, their incessant whining about how they deserve to win the cup because they are the Toronto Maple Laffs has gotten old and tired. I rather enjoyed watching them get stomped by TB and I don't believe TB is all that dangerous, especially with 2 of their top D men injured.

Can't believe Seattle beat Colorado, just goes to show you that in the SC playoffs, anything can happen.

Last edited:
Looks like the on ice officials are going to let the Panthers do whatever they want tonight. Cool heads and fast feet are the rules for tonight‘s game for the Bruins.

Where would the bruins be without bert? Especially no bergy in the line up. They really miss him out there. And what a snipe by marshy. hampus looks like the moment is a little too big for him. I would love to see him play with some anger.

Back