Boston Bruins hockey

Even though it went into overtime, I thought they played well and with some speed and urgency. As for Edmonton, I don't see them winning a cup anytime soon with the guys they have in net, that winning sequence in overtime was hilarious with Oiler players falling all over the ice. Now onto Calgary for some payback.

Even though it went into overtime, I thought they played well and with some speed and urgency. As for Edmonton, I don't see them winning a cup anytime soon with the guys they have in net, that winning sequence in overtime was hilarious with Oiler players falling all over the ice. Now onto Calgary for some payback.
The bruins defense concerns me. They have been awful. Even with hampus in the line up. forbert is on the ice every time the team gives up a goal. And the goal tending hasn't been as good as it used to be.

The bruins defense concerns me. They have been awful. Even with hampus in the line up. forbert is on the ice every time the team gives up a goal. And the goal tending hasn't been as good as it used to be.
I'm not that concerned with their defense but Hampus does seem to have taken a step backwards. Sway did not play well through stretches of the game last night but he was under constant pressure the whole game and saved them in OT with 2 incredible saves against Drayseitl. I'm not sure why Linus didn't play last night since it was his turn in the net but Sway needs a night off after last nights performance.

I'm not that concerned with their defense but Hampus does seem to have taken a step backwards. Sway did not play well through stretches of the game last night but he was under constant pressure the whole game and saved them in OT with 2 incredible saves against Drayseitl. I'm not sure why Linus didn't play last night since it was his turn in the net but Sway needs a night off after last nights performance.
I don't know how you could not be concerned about their defense. Considering all the leads, they have blown this year Late in games. And swayman has been off since returning from the all star break.

Last edited:
Again, they blow a lead late in a game. Wash rinse repeat. They must have set a record for OT games played this year. What an absolute kick in the balls that game was.

Last edited:
With 6 minutes left I turned the tube off, I told the wife they would lose the lead and then the game in OT. This has been a tough stretch for Boston, but Vancouver has lost their last 4 games, something like that. A killer instinct would be really nice to see. Get a lead and put your foot on the other teams throat. All your goals from the bottom 6 guys is not the way to win.

With 6 minutes left I turned the tube off, I told the wife they would lose the lead and then the game in OT. This has been a tough stretch for Boston, but Vancouver has lost their last 4 games, something like that. A killer instinct would be really nice to see. Get a lead and put your foot on the other teams throat. All your goals from the bottom 6 guys is not the way to win.
They respond to pressure like a POW being tortured. They crack.

Again, they blow a lead late in a game. Wash rinse repeat. They must have set a record for OT games played this year. What an absolute kick in the balls that game was.
I believe it's 22 games this season, this is becoming a habit for them and it needs to stop and one of the main reasons they continue to lose games late is due to the lack of faceoff wins. Does anyone know why Monty continues to keep Swayman in net because he definitley needs a break.

Last edited:
Forbort missed a meeting this morning and is out for tonights game against Seattle, Shattenkirk will take his place. Ulmark will be in net tonight so hopefully they get a regualtion win for a change.

Forbort missed a meeting this morning and is out for tonights game against Seattle, Shattenkirk will take his place. Ulmark will be in net tonight so hopefully they get a regualtion win for a change.
Do you realize? They haven't won in regulation in 8 games. forbert is awful. He must be a minus infinity since he returned from his injury. He needs to sit for a long time. Every time, the bruins give up goals. He's on the ice

Do you realize? They haven't won in regulation in 8 games. forbert is awful. He must be a minus infinity since he returned from his injury. He needs to sit for a long time. Every time, the bruins give up goals. He's on the ice
Yup though he had started to play better after his last injury, still though Shattenkirk is a much better defender when comparing the 2. Seems like forever since they won in regulation. :blink:

Yup though he had started to play better after his last injury, still though Shattenkirk is a much better defender when comparing the 2. Seems like forever since they won in regulation. :blink:
forbert hasn't played good in a long time.

How many goals does that make that have been overturned against the Bruins? I wasn't able to watch the game last night due to a blackout restriction so I wasn't able to see the overturned goal but I know they've had a good number of them this year.

How many goals does that make that have been overturned against the Bruins? I wasn't able to watch the game last night due to a blackout restriction so I wasn't able to see the overturned goal but I know they've had a good number of them this year.
A lot. And it's a thing that has been happening for years. The NHL is corrupt as all hell on par with the NFL imo. If I hit the lottery, I would throw millions at lawsuits etc to get to the bottom of it. Might bring down the whole system but who cares.

The most egregious is when they look at replay, and still call it wrong. It cannot be anything other than corruption, because that is not a "mistake".

A lot. And it's a thing that has been happening for years. The NHL is corrupt as all hell on par with the NFL imo. If I hit the lottery, I would throw millions at lawsuits etc to get to the bottom of it. Might bring down the whole system but who cares.

The most egregious is when they look at replay, and still call it wrong. It cannot be anything other than corruption, because that is not a "mistake".
So was Geekies goal actual interference, I didn't see it so I have no idea if it was or not.

Back