Boston Bruins hockey

I saw the first goal he scored last night, it was so lacadasical and non chalant, but one helluva snipe, he should have tried that move again as it seems to be his best shot.

Unbelievable. They were up 3 to 0. And coughed up the lead again. The entire team needs to see a team of psychiatrists. Sweeney needs to make significant changes to the DNA of this team. 8 games in a row, the team has given up. 3 or more goals. That hasn't happened since 97 according to jack and brick. They finally got a win in regulation. But I don't feel any better about them. Even when they win face offs. They still can't get it out of the dzone. I thought the strength of this team. Was the defense and the goalies?

Last edited:
They coughed up the tying goal with what? 12 minutes to go and I was shocked they didn't do it with just 10 seconds left. Then they get the late lead and I'm terrified watching 6 on 4 and strangely even more terrified with 6 on 5 late. The Bruins looked as good as I have seen this year in the first. They easily could have had a 5 or 6 goal lead after 1. Then they just reverted back as the Knights (who granted don't stink) just took it to them in the second with some pretty good adjustments. That they held on for the win is nice but I'm not sure if it was luck or not. Debrusk who I like was MIA yet again. Jake on a streak is pretty damn good but he has been between streaks a lot this year. The Knights decided 63 and 88 weren't going to beat them last night and put the screws to them both. Geekie obviously stepped up and McAvoy came to play. Charlie was a force last night dishing out some nice hits and even better positional play. No one was cutting the corner on him last night. Grzelcyk chipped in with the late penalty to give Vegas a late chance so thanks for nothing there Matt. Swayman cruised in the first and saved their asses in the 3rd. Just another late season heart attack game against an elite team.

Unbelievable. They were up 3 to 0. And coughed up the lead again. The entire team needs to see a team of psychiatrists. Sweeney needs to make significant changes to the DNA of this team. 8 games in a row, the team has given up. 3 or more goals. That hasn't happened since 97 according to jack and brick. They finally got a win in regulation. But I don't feel any better about them. Even when they win face offs. They still can't get it out of the dzone. I thought the strength of this team. Was the defense and the goalies?
ditto the defense thought. :coffee:

I have no words really for last night. To go from the first period of the Knights to this is a mystery. A small puzzle piece as an observation would be missing Bergeron's ability to win face offs at both ends. The control he provided helped clear the puck and set up scoring chances. Coyle is at 50% face off wins, Bergeron went for long stretches way above that. Another thing that stands out is why no gloves get dropped anymore? After the third goal last night a physical response was definitely needed. The Bruins need to get meaner. Period. Other teams skill players feel free to roam the Boston defensive zone at will with no fear of consequences and that needs to stop. Think Sean Thorntons insertion into the lineup v Vancouver in the cup finals. Whole different look.

This is getting tiresome, one night they play like world beaters then the next night it's like they're just going through the motions, Marchy needs to step up and put a fire under their asses a=or they'll be one and done in the playoffs.................again.

This is getting tiresome, one night they play like world beaters then the next night it's like they're just going through the motions, Marchy needs to step up and put a fire under their asses a=or they'll be one and done in the playoffs.................again.
I think the locker room culture Is too soft. Those players need to be uncomfortable. I miss Bruce Cassidy.

Last edited:
Hard to see them getting far playing like this. I do hope they don’t trade a goalie for a rental. Rentals didn’t get it done last year either.

Hard to see them getting far playing like this. I do hope they don’t trade a goalie for a rental. Rentals didn’t get it done last year either.
They need to get something for one of them. Because they are going to lose one. Even if they don't trade one away. They started contract talks with swayman. i would be happy with a low first rd pick for ullmark.

Last edited:
Got off to a slow start again but they've picked up their game, Geekie picks up another goal, hopefully they keep playing this way.

Got off to a slow start again but they've picked up their game, Geekie picks up another goal, hopefully they keep playing this way.
2 zip bruins. looks like another overtime game coming up.

Very good win last night, they were engaged the whole save for a few minutes in the 1st and Sway held it down when they needed it most. A regulation win tonight against the Oilers would be extra nice but I suspect they will let up a bit like they usually do, hope I wrong.

i really thought they were going to put this one away in regulation. man that is frustrating as hell. wtf

Back