Boston Bruins hockey

Detroits diving and flopping is a disgrace to hockey but anything for a win right? On to Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feeling good about Swayman, he looks even better than he did last year, would be great to get him another shutout.

Feeling good about Swayman, he looks even better than he did last year, would be great to get him another shutout.
He played out of his mind tonight. And the rookies are playing great also. They are exactly what the team needs. The future is bright.

This win is totally on Sway, he held it down when it was really needed, both goals were tipped so not his fault they got 2, otherwise I think he gets another shutout.

The bruins have a better record than last year's team at this time. That's insane. And coyle fredrick and van riemsdyk have developed chemistry. In a short period of time. van riemsdyk has been a sneaky, good signing by Sweeney. He fits perfectly. Setting up in front of the net. Getting tip ins. And cleaning up on loose pucks.

The bruins have a better record than last year's team at this time. That's insane. And coyle fredrick and van riemsdyk have developed chemistry. In a short period of time. van riemsdyk has been a sneaky, good signing by Sweeney. He fits perfectly. Setting up in front of the net. Getting tip ins. And cleaning up on loose pucks.

JVR is a sublime passer as well. 4 or 5 beauties last night.

Yeah. They looked ok last night. :coffee:

:dancingcucumber::bruinslogo28::beer::bruinslogo28::celebrate::bruinslogo28::dance::bruinslogo28:

Nothing sucks worse than a loss to the Canadians than an OT loss to them. First loss since pre-covid. Still sucked. Somewhat overlooked is Charlie McAvoy's wheels. This guy can flat out skate. The Bruins also have a couple of absolute sharks with the puck. Last night I saw Pasta, McAvoy, Marchie, Frederik and Coyle hold the puck and surf 20 feet out waiting for a hole in the D before taking a shot. If the shot wasn't there they passed to open guy. I don't know if it was the away game camera angles or what but it was like looking over their shoulders while they surveyed the pitch. The disallowed goal for goalie interference was pretty marginal as was the high sticking on Pasta giving Montreal a 3rd in a row penalty. I have never seen the Canadians get called for 2 penalties on the same sequence of play before. The Bruins then proceeded to completely squander the 5 on 3 opportunity. It's early and we have 2 no 1 goalies but it seems we are depending on them to save our bacon more and more. With a lead at 36 seconds this game should have been a win. The other teams are spending to much time in our zone and generating opportunities. I need to hear DeBrusks name more. He hit a post last night and that was it for him. Carlo showed up last night. I acknowledge I'm being too critical of a team at 11-2 but if you can't get up for a Saturday night in Montreal...

I acknowledge I'm being too critical of a team at 11-2 but if you can't get up for a Saturday night in Montreal...
Yeah I dunno, the offense really hasn't been very good, it's been mostly about the goaltending. It's not a fluke, they both are really good and it's sustainable enough to make the playoffs, but they could use a Center for sure. I'm not sure how they trade for a decent one if Ullmark isn't in the deal though.

Yeah I dunno, the offense really hasn't been very good, it's been mostly about the goaltending. It's not a fluke, they both are really good and it's sustainable enough to make the playoffs, but they could use a Center for sure. I'm not sure how they trade for a decent one if Ullmark isn't in the deal though.
Part of it is the offense is such a quick strike machine. The set plays tend to be so tic tac in the net they don't need to spend alot of time in the zone. It would be nice to set up more in the offensive zone just to give the D a breather but again you score fast what do you do? I'm for keeping both goalies. An embarrassment of riches. Alternate them all year and unlike last year through the playoffs too.

Part of it is the offense is such a quick strike machine. The set plays tend to be so tic tac in the net they don't need to spend alot of time in the zone. It would be nice to set up more in the offensive zone just to give the D a breather but again you score fast what do you do? I'm for keeping both goalies. An embarrassment of riches. Alternate them all year and unlike last year through the playoffs too.
Honestly I don't really understand why they didn't do that last year. I do in that typically you go with 1 goalie in the playoffs, but their situation is a bit unique. They seem to sincerely accept alternating and pull for one another, just keep it that way so you're not screwing with their daily routine. And how hard would that be for the other team? They would have to adjust every other game, instead of being able to pound the same weakness of one goalie in a series.

The one freakin team I need them to beat and they can’t get it done. Goalie interference call was weak, the puck was deflected and he wasn’t stopping it anyway. Still pretty happy with the way the season is going so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I don't really understand why they didn't do that last year. I do in that typically you go with 1 goalie in the playoffs, but their situation is a bit unique. They seem to sincerely accept alternating and pull for one another, just keep it that way so you're not screwing with their daily routine. And how hard would that be for the other team? They would have to adjust every other game, instead of being able to pound the same weakness of one goalie in a series.
as long as you get a good return for ullmark. i would trade him in a second. They are going to lose him soon anyway. His contract is up after next year. It's time for sway to put his big boy pants on. And they have a good back up in the system. Bruins sign top goalie prospect to contract extension

The third period is getting to be a little concerning.
It was the second period last year where they seemed to stumble so if the trend keeps up they should be stout next year with no let up. :coffee:

as long as you get a good return for ullmark. i would trade him in a second. They are going to lose him soon anyway. His contract is up after next year. It's time for sway to put his big boy pants on. And they have a good back up in the system. Bruins sign top goalie prospect to contract extension
That's the issue right, goalies typically don't get you those returns, other than draft picks and middling prospects. The hard cap makes it difficult, and on top of that Ullmark also has a no trade clause which severely limits their options. Edmonton will probably the desperate for a goalie, but no one wants to play all the way out there.

That's the issue right, goalies typically don't get you those returns, other than draft picks and middling prospects. The hard cap makes it difficult, and on top of that Ullmark also has a no trade clause which severely limits their options. Edmonton will probably the desperate for a goalie, but no one wants to play all the way out there.
The best time to trade ullmark was last summer. When his value was high. After winning the vezina. But that ship has sailed. Hopefully a team gets desperate before the trade deadline.

A relatively easy win for the B's, which was kinda nice for a change instead of the usual nail biters we're use to seeing. B's are off to another fantastic start but please, please, please do not win the Presidents cup! 🙏

Matt Petgrave has been arrested and released on bail for manslaughter, it's the right call IMO.

The South Yorkshire Police announced Tuesday that a suspect had been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter following the death of former Pittsburgh Penguins forward Adam Johnson. The suspect, former AHL player Matt Petgrave, has since been released on bail, according to Syracuse.com.

Back