Boston Bruins hockey

They were terrible tonight.
Yes, they looked like shit. Carolina had a lot to do with it. They give the bruins a hard time. They would be really hard to beat. In a 7 game series. Why didn't they hand out the 7th player award before the game with the other awards?

They definitely didn't play well but 3 of those goals were totally preventable. Svetchnikovs Michigan should have never happened and it was way too easy for him, Bruins scoring for them didn't help matters either and the last soft sliding puck under Swaymans pad was jus terrible. But hey, at least they were hitting everyone in sight!! This was probably the toughest game left on the schedule, not that the rest are cupcakes but they SHOULD win these games.

They had the awards ceremony before tonight's game. But they didn't give out the 7th player award? Am i missing something? I rewound 3 times to make sure. What the hell is going on? Maybe I've lost my mind. maybe. Just, maybe. I've been walking the streets at night pantless.
I saw the awards and waited for the 7th player too. Hopefully soon.

They definitely didn't play well but 3 of those goals were totally preventable. Svetchnikovs Michigan should have never happened and it was way too easy for him, Bruins scoring for them didn't help matters either and the last soft sliding puck under Swaymans pad was jus terrible. But hey, at least they were hitting everyone in sight!! This was probably the toughest game left on the schedule, not that the rest are cupcakes but they SHOULD win these games.
I liked the turn to more hitting for the Bruins. Carolina would be a tough series, so would Florida and the Capitols not that we will play them. The B's have had a tough dance card lately. But I fear we are going to see a lot of series going the distance and the pounding being dished out and taken will be punishing. On one hand I would like more of a killer instinct to finish games in regulation. On the other hand no team has more OT experience than the Bruins this year so no real fear of the unknown there. One thing I do like is the solid group of 10 to 20 goal scorers having career years. It makes it hard to key on Pasta and Marchand when a lot of other guys could step up. We are cautious of the matchings for the playoffs, I bet there are many teams cautious of Boston. Oh, keep the goalie rotation just the way it is please. You have 2 #1's and did you learn nothing last year? The team is used to it and so are the netminders so just do it.

I liked the turn to more hitting for the Bruins. Carolina would be a tough series, so would Florida and the Capitols not that we will play them. The B's have had a tough dance card lately. But I fear we are going to see a lot of series going the distance and the pounding being dished out and taken will be punishing. On one hand I would like more of a killer instinct to finish games in regulation. On the other hand no team has more OT experience than the Bruins this year so no real fear of the unknown there. One thing I do like is the solid group of 10 to 20 goal scorers having career years. It makes it hard to key on Pasta and Marchand when a lot of other guys could step up. We are cautious of the matchings for the playoffs, I bet there are many teams cautious of Boston. Oh, keep the goalie rotation just the way it is please. You have 2 #1's and did you learn nothing last year? The team is used to it and so are the netminders so just do it.
Agreed, I love seeing them hit, it's something we haven't seen from them in quite a while and I hope they keep it up, especially with Maroon getting back on the ice. Could not agree more about the 2 goalies situation, I thought that was a big mistake last year of only playing 1, I'm glad he's sticking to the 2 goalie rotation in the playoffs.

I saw the awards and waited for the 7th player too. Hopefully soon.
I thought I missed it. If it was up to me. I would go with ullmark for the playoffs and ride him. Until he shows he can't handle it. I think he's been playing much better. Since they tried to trade him. He's playing like he is trying to prove something. swayman on the other hand has not been very good. Since the all star break.

Last edited:
The Bruins won a game they should have won last night. The lack of hitting was a surprising change from the recent wars given the Pens are fighting for their playoff lives. That will change in a big way when they get the Lightning in the first round. The powerplay woes continue, they are 2 for the last 27. More alarming Marchie and Pasta have combined for 1 PP goal since the All Star break. It seems like the 1st PP unit are just waiting on the perfect shot and maybe pass once or twice too many times passing up a decent chance. The second PP unit are like herding cats and are all over the place, sometime pretty effectively. They spread the scoring around with 6 different guys putting it in with Debrusk getting 1 and missing an empty net even I could have hit. Did anyone else notice how many Bruins fell down in the middle of plays last night? I saw about 6 times guys lost and edge with the puck. At this point in the season I really have nothing new except a couple of stats I found interesting at least. With last night's win Coach Montgomery has 112 wins in his first 2 seasons as coach, the all time NHL mark formerly held by Bruin coach Tom Johnson in 70-72 with 111 wins. Those Johnson teams had a few guys you may have heard about. Marchie's goal last night was his 36th career shortie and put him at 401 goals, 1 behind Rick Middleton. I still can't find out when the 7th player award will be presented.

Bruins need to win 1 of the next 2 to secure the Atlantic division and should be safe from winning the cursed Presidents Cup, I believe the Rangers will win curse. Tough game tonight against the Caps, hoping for an injury free game and a win would be nice to seal the division.

Charlie mcavoy is playing like garbage. Sat in Pitt. And he coughs up the puck behind the net late in the second in wash. Pasta saved his ass. Monty might need to yell at him again.

Well that was a pathetic effort to try and clinch the Atlantic, it was like they were playing to get get hurt, if that continues they won't go far in the playoffs. Hopefully a better effort today then get a few days rest before the playoffs start.

I was hoping they ended up playing Tampa. I liked their chances better as an underdog. Eventually, the leafs will get over the hump against the bruins. They are long overdue. Beating them is so sweet. Losing to them would be extremely humiliating. If they lost to Tampa. You could still hold your head high.

Bring on the Laffs, Bruins owned them this season and owns them in the playoffs and even with the way they played the last 2 games I think the intensity will ramp against Toronto. It will be strange seeing them rotate goalies in the playoffs as I don't think that has ever been done before but we'll know soon enough.

I am much happier playing the Leafs than the Lightning although way to cough up a hairball dropping the last games to lose the division. I think the Bruins are pretty good when the switch is thrown and they show up, we just haven't seen 3 periods in a row when they are firing on all cylinders. The physicality of Peeke adds some punch to the D, handy in the playoffs. Peeke is growing on me in the short time he's been here. McAvoy is still learning how to be a shark in the offensive zone, he has shown some moves to get to the net but the rest of the guys have to get better at rotating and covering the hole in the D when he gets caught deep. Time will tell on that one. Trent Frederick with the 7th player award, well earned. The Bruins had several worthy candidates this year.

I am much happier playing the Leafs than the Lightning although way to cough up a hairball dropping the last games to lose the division. I think the Bruins are pretty good when the switch is thrown and they show up, we just haven't seen 3 periods in a row when they are firing on all cylinders. The physicality of Peeke adds some punch to the D, handy in the playoffs. Peeke is growing on me in the short time he's been here. McAvoy is still learning how to be a shark in the offensive zone, he has shown some moves to get to the net but the rest of the guys have to get better at rotating and covering the hole in the D when he gets caught deep. Time will tell on that one. Trent Frederick with the 7th player award, well earned. The Bruins had several worthy candidates this year.
The more I watch McAvoy. The more I realize how overrated and overpaid he is. his career playoff stats are pathetic. Charlie Mcavoy Career Postseason Stats | StatMuse

It will be interesting to see who Monty starts in net for game 1 and if he continues to alternate them throughout the first round, I hope he does. And please, for the love of god, no more struggling to get it out of your own end, I cringe when I watch them struggle to advance the puck and go on offense. Marchand and Pasta need to step up their game if they're going to have a shot at getting out of the first round and an effective pp would be nice too.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see who Monty starts in net for game 1 and if he continues to alternate them throughout the first round, I hope he does. And please, for the love of god, no more struggling to get it out of your own end, I cringe when I watch them struggle to advance the puck and go on offense. Marchand and Pasta need to step up their game if they're going to have a shot at getting out of the first round and an effective pp would be nice too.
Sweeney had a presser today and just smiled when asked about the goalie plans. LOL

Back