Brady is Gone

Thats just NFl salary and Brady played longer than Peyton. The fact Brady is still behind Peyton in earnings is amazing considering Peyton left in 2015.
The numbers weren't for salary. They were for last year's endorsement income.

$15 mil for Peyton
$13 mil for Brady

Relax. All I meant was that I was surprised that Brady was so close to PManning in off-field ad revenue. It wasn't a slur against Brady not taking a home town discount. I said IMO Brady is smarter than Manning and more competitive and it shows in his dealings off the field as well as on.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

I think of him more as a popped collar Zima dude. ROFL
:toast:

Totally agree that Peyton became embarrassing with the endorsements. Papa Johns, Nationwide, Nike, DirecTV, Buick, Gatorade....

The worst though was the SB win and his cringing reference to Budweiser.
Licking Oreos with Eli- utter humiliation

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have people telling me. Now we see if BB can win without Brady . The last time it happened. BB used a basic run heavy offense with Jimmy G & brissett.

Yes, during TFB's suspension but BB still had a relatively solid Oline during the 2015 season and with JimmyG and Brissette both newbie and really competent QBs, it was no major task for BB to ride that 3-1 four game stretch until TFB got back in the saddle.

I am also really looking forward to seeing whether BB or TFB is the most important piece of that best 20 year NFL HC / QB set ever. I hope the NFL will be able to play this season

I am also really looking forward to seeing whether BB or TFB is the most important piece of that best 20 year NFL HC / QB set ever.

The answer to that is already in plain view. It's right over there next to the unicorn. :coffee:

Licking Oreos with Eli- utter humiliation

Ick, I had forgotten that one. I think my ovaries are still hiding somewhere, quaking in fear of seeing it again.

As to "which was more important" to the Pats, BB or TB the way I have always put it to non Pats fans I talk to who ask me is that they make each other's jobs easier. BB knew he had the GOAT, TB knew he had the GOAT. One fewer concern for each of them, one big portion of having success.

Yes, during TFB's suspension but BB still had a relatively solid Oline during the 2015 season and with JimmyG and Brissette both newbie and really competent QBs, it was no major task for BB to ride that 3-1 four game stretch until TFB got back in the saddle.

I am also really looking forward to seeing whether BB or TFB is the most important piece of that best 20 year NFL HC / QB set ever. I hope the NFL will be able to play this season

It must really be horrible being you. :coffee:

I will let you in on a secret, you are not going to find that out. Because they dont do the same thing. They were both important to what they did. I am not sure why this is a thing with media and people, but Reiss had a list of famous Qb and coach duo's and how the coach did without them, and lets just say, Belichick was probably in the middle. Not the worst, and not the best. In other words, if Belichick does not rip off 14-2 next year with a superbowl, it doesnt mean anything to what he is or his importance here.

if Belichick does not rip off 14-2 next year with a superbowl, it doesnt mean anything to what he is or his importance here.
If Belichick can make the playoffs next year with a rookie QB and win a playoff game, I think that will prove to the world that he can win without Brady by definition.

I will let you in on a secret, you are not going to find that out. Because they dont do the same thing. They were both important to what they did. I am not sure why this is a thing with media and people, but Reiss had a list of famous Qb and coach duo's and how the coach did without them, and lets just say, Belichick was probably in the middle. Not the worst, and not the best. In other words, if Belichick does not rip off 14-2 next year with a superbowl, it doesnt mean anything to what he is or his importance here.

I hear you and BB has been somewhat of a contributor to Pats winning over the past 20years, but not even close to what TFB has contributed. BB is also responsible for a plethora of game and team management, play calling, personnel decisions NOT in the best interests of the team. First, BB should have fixed that team last year but chose not to for reasons which totally escape me. Secondly, not playing Butler in last SB and putting Ellis Hobbs covering Plexico Burress in 2007 SB, significantly contributed to Pats loosing both. Not giving TFB and option year to serve his 2 year security blanket, I mean TFB has done NOTHING to serve the Pats winning streak, right?

Now TFB is in probably an equal to or tougher NFC South Division, better QBs, WRs across the board, so let's see if BB will win this year's AFC East title?! :shrug:

If BB doesn’t stumble into Brady he lasts 3 to 4 seasons in New England, and never wins a Super Bowl as a head coach.

Even if Stidham can be the man, he has nothing around him right now. Nothing. Watching him last preseason I’m pretty hopeful for his future, but he has average pass blocking, no TE, the least efficient run game in the NFL (well pretty close at least), and Eddleman who’s about to be disgruntled and frustrated as hell about halfway through this season. Hopefully Harry becomes Mike Thomas Jr, but I’m not holding my breath.

Without Brady BB is a slightly above average coach. Yeah he’s probably better than the next guy, but maybe not. Maybe there’s a young hungry unknown guy out there waiting. Actually I’m sure there is. The knife cuts both ways with players and coaches. Is BB gonna be around long enough to rebuild this team? I don’t think so, on offense it’s a multi year project, and by then the def will be well past it’s prime.

It would have been best to keep Brady, use his presence to attract some offensive talent in FA, draft for defensive needs and make another super bowl run. Bills ego got in the way. I for one can’t wait for him to move on. He’s not winning another super bowl here. He’s not going to get to another AFC championship. I read things on this board saying he’s a genius for these C level Free agent moves. Yeah he fills holes. So does every team. So do the ravens, steelers, and packers. The difference is they never had Brady. Brady was always willing to take a team friendly deal in return for security and BB could parlay that into bargain deals for other free agents who wanted to play for him. That’s gone now.
Now BB has a team with a maxed out salary cap and a QB on a fourth round rookie contract. And the offense around the QB is awful.
How the hell do you max out the cap without paying a QB?? And how do you manage to do it while fielding an offense this fffffing bad?!??!? Ohhhh yeah BB is a genius I forgot. In BB we trust right? Hmmmm well y’all can. I just hope Stidham can be the guy. My hope for next season is that he can show us hope. I’m not expecting him to get above .500 with the team around him through.

So we will see how this plays out. I’m expecting the Pats to miss the playoffs this year if football is played, which I hope it is. Hopefully I’m wrong. Either way, I think it’s time for a new young coach.

If BB doesn’t stumble into Brady he lasts 3 to 4 seasons in New England, and never wins a Super Bowl as a head coach.

Even if Stidham can be the man, he has nothing around him right now. Nothing. Watching him last preseason I’m pretty hopeful for his future, but he has average pass blocking, no TE, the least efficient run game in the NFL (well pretty close at least), and Eddleman who’s about to be disgruntled and frustrated as hell about halfway through this season. Hopefully Harry becomes Mike Thomas Jr, but I’m not holding my breath.

Without Brady BB is a slightly above average coach. Yeah he’s probably better than the next guy, but maybe not. Maybe there’s a young hungry unknown guy out there waiting. Actually I’m sure there is. The knife cuts both ways with players and coaches. Is BB gonna be around long enough to rebuild this team? I don’t think so, on offense it’s a multi year project, and by then the def will be well past it’s prime.

It would have been best to keep Brady, use his presence to attract some offensive talent in FA, draft for defensive needs and make another super bowl run. Bills ego got in the way. I for one can’t wait for him to move on. He’s not winning another super bowl here. He’s not going to get to another AFC championship. I read things on this board saying he’s a genius for these C level Free agent moves. Yeah he fills holes. So does every team. So do the ravens, steelers, and packers. The difference is they never had Brady. Brady was always willing to take a team friendly deal in return for security and BB could parlay that into bargain deals for other free agents who wanted to play for him. That’s gone now.
Now BB has a team with a maxed out salary cap and a QB on a fourth round rookie contract. And the offense around the QB is awful.
How the hell do you max out the cap without paying a QB?? And how do you manage to do it while fielding an offense this fffffing bad?!??!? Ohhhh yeah BB is a genius I forgot. In BB we trust right? Hmmmm well y’all can. I just hope Stidham can be the guy. My hope for next season is that he can show us hope. I’m not expecting him to get above .500 with the team around him through.

So we will see how this plays out. I’m expecting the Pats to miss the playoffs this year if football is played, which I hope it is. Hopefully I’m wrong. Either way, I think it’s time for a new young coach.

Keep Brady? At the price Brady wanted as a 43-year-old QB? Bill should be sacked if he even thought of bringing back Brady at that price.

And Bill an average coach?! You're nuts, you're hysterical over Tom leaving, as it seems a few other Patriot "fans" are. You've no objectivity about this at all, you're posting from an emotional, subjective viewpoint. Suddenly, Bill Belichick widely acknowledged even by those who despise him as the greatest coach of all time is suddenly an "average coach".

I guess it was Tom selecting all the players, deciding the tactics, coming up with the defensive schemes, coaching the special teams, doing all the film work for the team, paying the practice squad more than any other team to ensure the team have the best scouting teams each week, I guess that was all Tom. I guess it was Tom all along who defied the salary cap, FA era and created a dynasty all on his own.

What a genius!

Keep Brady? At the price Brady wanted as a 43-year-old QB? Bill should be sacked if he even thought of bringing back Brady at that price.

And Bill an average coach?! You're nuts, you're hysterical over Tom leaving, as it seems a few other Patriot "fans" are. You've no objectivity about this at all, you're posting from an emotional, subjective viewpoint. Suddenly, Bill Belichick widely acknowledged even by those who despise him as the greatest coach of all time is suddenly an "average coach".

I guess it was Tom selecting all the players, deciding the tactics, coming up with the defensive schemes, coaching the special teams, doing all the film work for the team, paying the practice squad more than any other team to ensure the team have the best scouting teams each week, I guess that was all Tom. I guess it was Tom all along who defied the salary cap, FA era and created a dynasty all on his own.

What a genius!

I just don't understand some posters. "Keep Brady and get better FA talent around him," says Rivshark.

We can afford both.

"You can always re-do deals to do both," says Middie.

Don't even want to quote NFL-KNOW.

Talking heads constantly talking about Dalton, Newton, and trading up for a top 3 QB at the same time bemoaning the defensive players that left and the lack of offensive skill players.

Offseasons bring out weirdness, but this has been one weird offseason.

Can't wait for the draft to be over. Only a couple more weeks.

This is pure idiocy on so many levels. Take a bow!

Brady would have taken much less money for security, and I’ll maintain that it would be much easier to attract offensive talent at a discount with him here. BB managed the cap to essentially make it impossible to sign Brady. It didn’t have to be that way, it was a planed over at least a year and a half. Brady saw it coming at least by last spring. I didn’t say BB was average I said he’s above average, but that without Brady he doesn’t get a ring and is probably gone in 3 or 4 seasons.

And a big reason for BBS success in managing the salary cap has been having Brady setting the standard in taking team friendly deals. That allowed BB to play hardball.

You think Gronk signs those contacts with Stidham? Or jimmy G? Hell no, he’d have left. Same with Eddleman, White, and a bunch of guys on the Oline. Brady set the tone. With him gone your not gonna see guys take less to stay here.

Remember when BB sent out the defense first in that jets overtime game? The Butler benching? Benching Welker in that Jets game for the first drive? He’s old and thinks he’s God.

He’s old and thinks he’s God.

He's not wrong :coffee:

And as far as setting the tone, that was all BB.
Ask Adam V, Seymour, Law, McGinnis, Milloy, Mankins, etc. about the 'tone' set regarding salary. There is a long history there you are wilfully ignoring.

He's not wrong :coffee:

And as far as setting the tone, that was all BB.
Ask Adam V, Seymour, Law, McGinnis, Milloy, Mankins, etc. about the 'tone' set regarding salary. There is a long history there you are wilfully ignoring.

...Weklah...

Brady would have taken much less money for security, and I’ll maintain that it would be much easier to attract offensive talent at a discount with him here. BB managed the cap to essentially make it impossible to sign Brady. It didn’t have to be that way, it was a planed over at least a year and a half. Brady saw it coming at least by last spring. I didn’t say BB was average I said he’s above average, but that without Brady he doesn’t get a ring and is probably gone in 3 or 4 seasons.

And a big reason for BBS success in managing the salary cap has been having Brady setting the standard in taking team friendly deals. That allowed BB to play hardball.

You think Gronk signs those contacts with Stidham? Or jimmy G? Hell no, he’d have left. Same with Eddleman, White, and a bunch of guys on the Oline. Brady set the tone. With him gone your not gonna see guys take less to stay here.

Remember when BB sent out the defense first in that jets overtime game? The Butler benching? Benching Welker in that Jets game for the first drive? He’s old and thinks he’s God.

He didn't take less money last year or the year before.

So much idiocy.

Show me any evidence that points to Brady taking so little.
I won’t hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

100% correct! If BB wanted to keep TFB that's all he had to do is back load the second year into an option that TFB could walk out of for $25M. We shall see just how good BB is as a HC without TFB hopefully real soon. BTW, there is only 1 person responsible for Pats Cap issues being resolved and it is NOT BB either. BB is the one responsible for all the CAP issues hands down. I believe and hope this is BB's last year

TFB has done more for the Pats over the past 20 years than ANY other when it comes to renegotiating his contract to open some of HIS MONEY for the TEAM to use to bring in new players.

The ONLY other player that I recall doing a similar thing and FORCED to do so was Vince Wilfork!

No one can refute BB / TFB HC/QB set winning success and longevity. BB has made quite a few really bad game play calls that lost games and SBs. The most intuitively obvious was having a dwarf Ellis Hobbs cover Plexico Burress for the winning 2007 SB catch. And BB had Randy Moss available to stop Burress but lost that SB. The Gmen DLine smoked the Pats OLine that whole game and BB had NO ANSWER for that either.

Please see my above bolded comments..... :coffee:

Back