Brady is Gone

This is pure nonsense. You're telling me that no one is capable of analyzing a QB's play unless that person himself has won a half dozen superbowls himself? Brady disagrees agrees with this, having had Tom House, a guy who never threw an NFL pass and wasn't even that great a pitcher, teach him how to better throw a football.

But since you have never head coached an NFL team into winning multiple superbowls, how about never criticizing Belichick's drafting or roster building again. And have you ever been an Offensive Coordinator? Then shut up about judging whether an OLine is magnificent or miserable.

You can't have it both ways, dude.

Plus, you and middie keep throwing out Brady's age as proof he isn't deteriorating. That makes no sense. Either a player is going downhill or not. The fact that you two keep pointing to his age tells me you know his play is falling off, else why look for excuses.

This isn't about trying to pin the blame of the donkey, it's an observation apparent to anyone who cares to look that 2018 - 2020 Brady is not the younger version of himself.

The fact that he is old might or might not be the reason his play is falling off, but the first step is accepting his play isn't what it used to be. It's still great, but not five-years-ago great.

Clearly, the vast majority of normal NFL QB's performance degradates, but some like TFB age has not shown to be the direct root cause of his,imo. Yes, TFB did make some piss poor throws last year but the majority of them were caused from his injuries and/or rotten HCing, and player operations by BB, and Offensive deficiencies, imo. We will shortly see who's who in the TFB | BB zoo to know who the real major contributor to this HC | QB set relly is. TFB will be at a disadvantage being 43 on Aug 3rd, huh? LOL Go Pats.....

Clearly, the vast majority of normal NFL QB's performance degradates, but some like TFB age has not shown to be the direct root cause of his,imo. Yes, TFB did make some piss poor throws last year but the majority of them were caused from his injuries and/or rotten HCing, and player operations by BB, and Offensive deficiencies, imo. We will shortly see who's who in the TFB | BB zoo to know who the real major contributor to this HC | QB set relly is. TFB will be at a disadvantage being 43 on Aug 3rd, huh? LOL Go Pats.....

Was never looking to pinpoint the cause/blame for the downward trend. Only saying it existed. Have not heard anything about a Brady surgery this spring or even a soft tissue issue, but even so, whatever the reason, over the last 2-3 years he has definitely been sliding. Even more than production has been attitude.

Are you saying Brady will fall off a cliff this year? Is that what you mean by a disadvantage? I think the decline will continue, but not a cliff. The strength of his game at this point is his knowledge of the game, and that won't deteriorate in a year. Besides, for the first time ever, Brady has top-flight receivers (both WRs and TEs). That alone should more than make up for being a year older, especially if you believe that all of Tom's issues last year were coaching and piss poor receivers.

Was never looking to pinpoint the cause/blame for the downward trend. Only saying it existed. Have not heard anything about a Brady surgery this spring or even a soft tissue issue, but even so, whatever the reason, over the last 2-3 years he has definitely been sliding. Even more than production has been attitude.

Are you saying Brady will fall off a cliff this year? Is that what you mean by a disadvantage? I think the decline will continue, but not a cliff. The strength of his game at this point is his knowledge of the game, and that won't deteriorate in a year. Besides, for the first time ever, Brady has top-flight receivers (both WRs and TEs). That alone should more than make up for being a year older, especially if you believe that all of Tom's issues last year were coaching and piss poor receivers.

When did anyone say coaching was his issue last year? There has never been a Qb put up the numbers Brady has done since turning 40, so his free fall is not really all that bad. I dont know what he will do going forward, because there has never been anything like him. I think he will do fine unless he gets hurt obviously.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

I'm wondering if his reaction time isn't just a tick slower.

I didnt notice that, more of who is open. I mean I dont know how much brady has fallen off, but I am not sure which year he could have had a wonderful year on this offense last year. Not seen it that bad in awhile.

Moon played 23 seasons in the CFL & NFL into his 40s but never won the MVP at 40 years olds like TFB did. And yes, all NFL players loose a little something as they keep playing into their 40s. Yes, Moon retired at 44 and was a back up for the Chiefs at that time.

TFB made quite a few bad throws last year and some of which for more pic 6s, or drive shutdowns, with a miserable O that BB chose to not adequately fix all season. He better fix it ADEQUATELY this coming year or Pats will be new AFC cellar dwellers. We'll see.....

Yah Moon shouldn't be talking about TFB playing iin his 40's for Moon played 23 seasons and won CFL 5 grey cups and never won a NFL SB, except in 2014 when he was the Seahawks broadcaster, Moon made pro-bowl only 9 times, and never won NFL MVP playing in his 40s. The GOAT's stats are well known in here. Go Pats....

Maybe we should compare Moons stats at 42 to Brady's....here we go...
Moon
Played 10 games
145-258 1632 yards 11 td's 8 ints Qb rating of 76...

So Moon is saying that Brady is not what he was 3 or 4 years ago....no duh, but he was a hell of alot better than you. As I said, we are comparing Brady to....well nothing because nobody in NFL history played that well at that age or even close. With that said, on a team with some good weapons or..hell. decent weapons, he can still go. I did not notice in loss of arm strength, or ability to move in the pocket. I saw some dysfunction though, which I contribute some of that to his season which was the greatest ever for a 42 year old QB.

319f2be1358836af4a9bd3da7fbb7e98ff7d7b2806dd13fffcab68cd44cb784b.jpg

Who said it was about me? Stop assuming I meant me.

Just a wild guess. I was having a conversation with NFL-KNOW about how coaching wasn't all that good last year and you jumped into my shit telling me how great Brady has been and how awesome Brady is to be playing so well at his age and how well Brady will be doing in the future. So it was just a wild ass guess on my part. :shrug_n:

Just a wild guess. I was having a conversation with NFL-KNOW about how coaching wasn't all that good last year and you jumped into my shit telling me how great Brady has been and how awesome Brady is to be playing so well at his age and how well Brady will be doing in the future. So it was just a wild ass guess on my part. :shrug_n:

Yeah, so no...

TB in Bucs unis for the first time are all over twitter. Here's Tampa Bay's contribution. My opinion - He looks old...esp the one from his back looking to his left. I never saw him so weathered and worn before.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1272936980075118592

I thought the same thing, but I love the one in the white uni, with him touching both index fingers to the side of his head. That's one we've seen many times in games, triggering us to sit up and pay attention to the next play.

Why? Their performance has absolutely no bearing on the Patriots unless the two teams meet in the Super Bowl (they won’t). Why not pull for them? You don’t like Tom Brady?

If the Bucs put the right O structure in front of Brady and they can win their most important opener against the Saints, minimize injuries, and their divisional and overall schedule looks like they may be able to use Brady's expertise to make it to the SB, imo. Pats imo have very remote chance to make the playoffs, never mind the SB, with Stidham. If BB does not fix ALL the disgraceful punishment that Brady took last season, Stidham's legs may be able to avoid some of it but not all of it. I guess we'll see pretty soon if NFL plays this season. Go Pats !

If the Bucs put the right O structure in front of Brady and they can win their most important opener against the Saints, minimize injuries, and their divisional and overall schedule looks like they may be able to use Brady's expertise to make it to the SB, imo. Pats imo have very remote chance to make the playoffs, never mind the SB, with Stidham. If BB does not fix ALL the disgraceful punishment that Brady took last season, Stidham's legs may be able to avoid some of it but not all of it. I guess we'll see pretty soon if NFL plays this season. Go Pats !

The issues last season up front were injuries. When healthy, they were fine. The problem with the offense overall was the worst TE corps in the league (they’ve addressed that with two rookies) and a bottom five WR grouping after Edelman went down and Brown/Gordon kicked rocks.

Don't overlook that TFB has to get the entire offense on the same page as him. That may or may not be easy in the Tampa offense because TFB also has to learn that offense. Otherwise the coaching staff and offense will have some serious adjusting to do in order to play TFBs' game.

Don't overlook that TFB has to get the entire offense on the same page as him. That may or may not be easy in the Tampa offense because TFB also has to learn that offense. Otherwise the coaching staff and offense will have some serious adjusting to do in order to play TFBs' game.

The way this team went through receivers, he had to do that here a lot. When good receivers came in. Brown, Moss, Welker, they seem to catch on pretty quick, the ones that didnt did nothing anywhere else. I think that is the pattern.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

I am so looking forward to watching Brady fall on his d!ck next season.

Yep there are fans like you, this is true. You should worry more about this team.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Why? Their performance has absolutely no bearing on the Patriots unless the two teams meet in the Super Bowl (they won’t). Why not pull for them? You don’t like Tom Brady?

He is one of those fans that if a player leaves all of the sudden they are a piece of shit. Its a weird concept that I thought Brady of all players was immune to, but....not with some.

He is one of those fans that if a player leaves all of the sudden they are a piece of shit.
I don't think so. Who else has EasyBigFella said this about? Seriously, who? I think it isn't all players. It is Brady specifically. Everyone has players they don't like because of the way they left. I loved Curtis Martin and Adam Vinitieri while they were here, have little good to say about how they left.

I suspect this is another case where anyone who says anything bad about Brady is the devil and a totally bad person in your mind. I doubt you would care if EBF said the same thing about Van Noy or Danny Shelton.

I'm not fond of Brady's attitude and leadership the past two years myself.

There's nothing wrong with not liking any player, and not liking one particular player is not grounds for calling someone 'one of those fans.

I thought Brady of all players was immune to, but....
No, as odd as it seems, Not everyone thinks your idol is perfect in every way. :coffee:

Back