Brady Passes Marino for TD Passes

NE made a play for Emmanuel Sanders last season. Just didn't get it done.

He would have been a great addition for sure.

===============================

Rookie contracts are great for saving money even if they were to leave after 4 years. Dobson was definitely a reach in the 2nd round for me since I and most of the 'real' draft experts had him as a 3rd-5th rounder. Looking back I had him as the 14th or 15th best fit for the Patriots with the same problems he had in college still showing up now. Lack of physicality and lack of quickness being most evident but his lack of mental toughness is at the very top of the list for me now. Also, Dobson is the only WR BB has drafted going back to Cleveland who didn't meet 4 of BB's 5 athletic requirements.

Keenan Allen was considered a high pick but he wasn't drafted til the 3rd round simply bc he had a leg injury throughout the draft evaluation process. Some say now he faked that injury so he'd get drafted by the Chargers. Allen was IR'ed in early Nov. with a kidney issue but he's been very productive for the Chargers for 2 years & the most productive of the class; certainly far more productive than Dobson. But there are others I had ahead of Dobson.

Some of these names should ring a bell: Terrence Williams, Marcus Wheaton, Robert Woods, Steadman Bailey, Quinton Patton, Tavon Austin & De'Andre Hopkins. Some have done very well but some, like Dobson, haven't excelled for one reason or another. Imo, any 1 on this list would have been a better choice for the Pats than Dobson. Interestingly, only 3 of the top 15 WRs from that highly touted class of WRs has lived up to their college reputations, Allen, Williams and Hopkins.

This, to me as a fan, is a monster achievement - because **** Dan Marino, that win-nothing primadonna.

And now with Brees passing him too, he's completely irrelevant in NFL history, and won't even make those graphics, when players inevitably pass him in the future.

So, a big ha-ha **** you to Dan Marino, although I wish Brady would have broken it the non-Marino way, with a win, I'll still take it. :coffee:

I do want to take a second to note, that when Brady was still a "game manager" early on, he still threw a BUNCH of TD passes - stats that would surprise most people, I think. :coffee:

My thoughts exactly Tommy and Peyton will end up just like Marino in 10 years when all the young guns pass him. But it is sweet to have Brady ahead of Marino with his four rings on top and owner of every post-season and SB passing record as well. :toast:

Edelman was the last WR drafted. Even though he was a QB at Kent state. To have a lot of success in this passing game.

This, to me as a fan, is a monster achievement - because **** Dan Marino, that win-nothing primadonna.

And now with Brees passing him too, he's completely irrelevant in NFL history, and won't even make those graphics, when players inevitably pass him in the future.

So, a big ha-ha **** you to Dan Marino, although I wish Brady would have broken it the non-Marino way, with a win, I'll still take it. :coffee:

If nothing else, absolute bare minimum - Marino's offensive lineman can say they got some beautiful-ass Isotoner gloves from him one Christmas. So there's that. At least there are no rings to ruin the fit on their hands.

If nothing else, absolute bare minimum - Marino's offensive lineman can say they got some beautiful-ass Isotoner gloves from him one Christmas. So there's that. At least there are no rings to ruin the fit on their hands.

Good point. I imagine any one of Brady's would shred them to pieces. Imagine their fate were he wearing all four.

Cheers, BostonTim

Holdover from Parcells.

We're talking the Belichick Era here.

Understood, but BB doesn't even get a little credit for recognizing the guy's value and keeping him on the team for as long as possible?

You could also argue that BB helped Troy Brown develop into a serviceable DB. There was one season where Brown was second on the team with interceptions.

You could also argue that BB helped Troy Brown develop into a serviceable DB. There was one season where Brown was second on the team with interceptions.

All time great moment (one of many) - Troy picks Bledsoe.

Cheers, BostonTim

All time great moment (one of many) - Troy picks Bledsoe.

Cheers, BostonTim

Yes! Great play and so symbolic too. The other I would go with was stripping that Charger receiver after he had picked Brady in the 2006 playoff game in SD. That play pretty much summed up Brown - always around the ball, always making an impactful play.

Brady will be the only multiple SB winner to go into the HoF without an iconic outside receiver for the majority of his career. His highlights will show all his slot receivers - Brown, Welker and Edelman. Unbelievable in many ways.

If Brady wins the SB. He would join only 1 other person. Charles Haley who won 5 SB's .

<i>Sometimes it really pisses me off that Bill has never given Brady a legit WR other than Moss for two years his whole career. The offense should not morph into being JV when a stinking slot receiver and TE go down but such is the offense which is also void of any run game whatsoever.</i>

This. What Brady could have done with a Stickum Rice or Randy Moss-type for 16 years! *swoon*

Sometimes it really pisses me off that Bill has never given Brady a legit WR other than Moss for two years his whole career. The offense should not morph into being JV when a stinking slot receiver and TE go down but such is the offense which is also void of any run game whatsoever.

This. What Brady could have done with a Stickum Rice or Randy Moss-type for 16 years! *swoon*

BB is a defensive minded head coach and while they do not hate offenses, they tend to think about D more. Bill would never take a receiver in the first round, so then you have to start guessing in the later rounds, so you get a lot of crap and every once in awhile hit on something. Moss was the best to ever come here, but even he was a crap shoot. We got him for a 4th rounder while everyone was saying he was done. I do not think Brady ever demanded weapons like guys like Manning did. I think he trusted in Bill just everyone else.

Back