Brady Passes Marino for TD Passes

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
I felt this achievement deserved its own thread. Brady now sits at 423 passing TDs. He is the ONLY QB in NFL history to have passed for more than 400 TDs and have multiple rings as in 4!

What makes this sweet and I am sure Tommy will agree is that he passed Marino. I could care less whether Tom ever passes Favre or Manning but passing Marino is so awesome given my disdain for all things Dolphins and especially Marino.

Also worth noting, Montana passed for 273 TDs in his career. Brady is 150 TDs ahead of him and still going. Say what you want about passing rules and all but that is crap load more TDs in less games played than Montana on top and Brady never had the benefit of playing half his career with the best receiver that has ever stepped on the field. :patriotlogo:

This is definitely worth noting. I believe we will all cheer when he hits 500.

We have been extremely fortunate to witness this 6th round picks career.

NFL Nutkick

I felt this achievement deserved its own thread. Brady now sits at 423 passing TDs. He is the ONLY QB in NFL history to have passed for more than 400 TDs and have multiple rings as in 4!

What makes this sweet and I am sure Tommy will agree is that he passed Marino. I could care less whether Tom ever passes Favre or Manning but passing Marino is so awesome given my disdain for all things Dolphins and especially Marino.

Also worth noting, Montana passed for 273 TDs in his career. Brady is 150 TDs ahead of him and still going. Say what you want about passing rules and all but that is crap load more TDs in less games played than Montana on top and Brady never had the benefit of playing half his career with the best receiver that has ever stepped on the field. :patriotlogo:

Worthy of note here is that Rice played his entire career using illegal stickum on his hands.

Why is this not more of a big deal?

This is definitely worth noting. I believe we will all cheer when he hits 500.

We have been extremely fortunate to witness this 6th round picks career.

NFL Nutkick

He'll need to play a couple more seasons, at least, to get up to 500. It would be great, but no certainty.

He'll need to play a couple more seasons, at least, to get up to 500. It would be great, but no certainty.

After the beating he has taken this year, he might reconsider his "ten more years" thought process.

I don't recall Montana ever playing with Randy Moss.

:huh:

Sometimes it really pisses me off that Bill has never given Brady a legit WR other than Moss for two years his whole career. The offense should not morph into being JV when a stinking slot receiver and TE go down but such is the offense which is also void of any run game whatsoever.

Sometimes it really pisses me off that Bill has never given Brady a legit WR other than Moss for two years his whole career. The offense should not morph into being JV when a stinking slot receiver and TE go down but such is the offense which is also void of any run game whatsoever.

I have to agree.

Bill has some serious strengths( finding OL anywhere and everywhere, 3rd down RBs) but evaluations on passing game players,WRs and CBs, are sketchy at best.

I've long thought he'd self eval and bring someone in with a high track record for talent in this super important game facet.

It's a bit sad when you think a full time vet and Pats message board draft enthusiast can nail a WR class with higher accuracy than the full time personnel staff in Foxboro.

I have to agree.

Bill has some serious strengths( finding OL anywhere and everywhere, 3rd down RBs) but evaluations on passing game players,WRs and CBs, are sketchy at best.

I've long thought he'd self eval and bring someone in with a high track record for talent in this super important game facet.

What is baffling to me is Bill is about everyone doing their job. And to this end he builds his team with versatility and players that compliment one another but when it comes to the offense he basically says "Brady go win the game and do everything" - complete short passes to compensate for our lack of run game, scan the defense in a nanosecond and throw to compensate for our dog crap Oline and on yeah, here is Blount to get you 2.5 yards a carry and basically waste a down. Our offense has almost no margin for error as we are seeing with the injuries. We can't rely on anyone but Brady to figure it out and be a ninja in the pocket to buy time. And what sucks on top is our defense is really good.

Since 2000 I can't really think of a WR drafted and developed outside of a couple. Edelman. Branch. He's gotten some FAs and trades, but in 16 seasons?

Since 2000 I can't really think of a WR drafted and developed outside of a couple. Edelman. Branch. He's gotten some FAs and trades, but in 16 seasons?

Not giving Brady deep threat studs is, my guess, by design. I think had Bill wanted one, he would have got one (I know there were a few sort of at that ilk that didn't pan out, but no urgency at all). Nearly all the great WRs turn into Divas demanding the ball. Bill's philosophical approach to winning has little or no place for people demanding the ball (and bringing those demands into the locker room) and lots of doremi.. So he has built his receiving game that way. I question whether we should presume that always having a Jerry Rice would leave Tom with either better career stats (in fact I doubt it) or more rings.

Cheers, BostonTim

Having awesome WRs is not the be all and end all. Plenty of good QBs have been given outstanding receivers and it did very little to get them rings. Manning had Harrison and Wayne yet just has one ring. At one stage, Rivers had Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd and Gates at TE, all in their prime, yet that team has been a dismal failure.

brady and the receivers he has had have not been an issue. except for 2006 f-u branch!

the pats consistently rank in the top 10 passing O in the league. just because they have had a ton of injuries this year and have have had to go to street FA does not invalidate the overall strategy.

i get so sick of all the whinging about bringing in the latest "stud" wr. or the old standard "BB can't draft WR". get over it already the Pats are not going out to get the next moss or rice.

hell they only got moss because he came cheap, its all about value, always has and always will be as long as BB is here.

Not giving Brady deep threat studs is, my guess, by design. I think had Bill wanted one, he would have got one (I know there were a few sort of at that ilk that didn't pan out, but no urgency at all). Nearly all the great WRs turn into Divas demanding the ball. Bill's philosophical approach to winning has little or no place for people demanding the ball (and bringing those demands into the locker room) and lots of doremi.. So he has built his receiving game that way. I question whether we should presume that always having a Jerry Rice would leave Tom with either better career stats (in fact I doubt it) or more rings.

Cheers, BostonTim

If we judge by 2007 then he would have had better stats as he threw for 50 TDs with 23 to Moss for the season record and one miraculous catch away from going perfect. And we had no run game or TE threat that year.

I am not looking for Moss again as I know that ain't ever happening but we can't do better than Brandon LaFell?? And literally no number #2? Or is Amendola the #2?

When the pass catchers on this team (RB, TE, WR) are all healthy they are fantastic.
Hell my boss at the time used to look at me all cockeyed when I said in 04 that I'd take the Pats RECEIVERS GROUP (RB, TE, WR) over any other GROUP in the NFL.

It's just unfortunate that a bunch of them are owie at once. And I absolutely said to my husband on Monday night when Dez threw YET ANOTHER FIT on the sidelines, THIS IS WHY BB DOESN'T BOTHER WITH THESE HIGH PRICED DIVAS...only one or two are decent team players...like Larry Fitz or Calvin Johnson. High priced RBs and WRs...feh...don't need those squawking selfish types.

The Bengals and the Steelers don't have any trouble finding WRs. Maybe they need to try to hire some of their scouts.

Back