Brady's Pajamas

Well various forms of heat therapy have been around for quite some time, so it's certainly plausible that this could provide some benefit.

Assuming that the PJ's actually do absorb and reflect one's body heat, then it would act as a form of heat therapy.

Heat can improve circulation. That would help one flush lactic acid from the muscles.

Heat can help with maintaining flexibility.

Maybe this is how he's so "pliable" :coffee:

jon-gruden-tom-brady-hat.jpg

I assume the reflected heat means they are warmer? If so, I need to get hubby some of these. He's a freeze baby and I hate turning the thermostat above 66.

There's a not so hidden message encoded in all of this... :coffee:
Good catch... Now I wasnt going to give my secret, but what the hell I have a special under armour Biometric Cock sleeve. It works fantastic however I had to fish a few out... If you know what I mean....:coffee:

craters-siberia-giant-lake.jpg

It comes with a children's book. The book is downloadable in pdf form in at least one article on them, and it's very entertaining if nothing else.

I assume the reflected heat means they are warmer? If so, I need to get hubby some of these. He's a freeze baby and I hate turning the thermostat above 66.

Technically, they aren't "warmer", but simply prevent you from losing heat from a radiative process.

They would essentially do the same thing as a mylar/"space blanket" but are probably a lot more comfortable/practicable.

Most things people wear to keep warm block heat loss from conduction.

They work the same way as the insulation in your walls/attic. Dead air traps heat.

If hubby get's cold, then there are some other things to do to help him.

For many people, the issue is moisture on their skin. When that evaporates, it sucks beaucoup heat out of the body. That's why we sweat in the heat.

So if you could get him some wicking undergarments that would help.

I'm old enough to have done this before all the new high tech fabrics came out, so I still have silk undergarments for that when I go cross country skiing.

But there are plenty of newer high tech stuff that does the same thing.

After that, think layers. The more trapped air you have the better.

Keep in mind how the body prioritizes heat.

Head #1
Torso #2
Arms and Legs #3
Hands and Feet, dead last.

The body will reduce blood flow in reverse priority, so the hands and feet get reduced first, and so on.

This is why a down vest can keep your arms and legs warm.

If your body core is warm, then the blood flow to the arms and legs won't be reduced.

Sleeping caps may look goofy, but they can make a big difference on how warm you are when you sleep.

Technically, they aren't "warmer", but simply prevent you from losing heat from a radiative process.

They would essentially do the same thing as a mylar/"space blanket" but are probably a lot more comfortable/practicable.

Most things people wear to keep warm block heat loss from conduction.

They work the same way as the insulation in your walls/attic. Dead air traps heat.

If hubby get's cold, then there are some other things to do to help him.

For many people, the issue is moisture on their skin. When that evaporates, it sucks beaucoup heat out of the body. That's why we sweat in the heat.

So if you could get him some wicking undergarments that would help.

I'm old enough to have done this before all the new high tech fabrics came out, so I still have silk undergarments for that when I go cross country skiing.

But there are plenty of newer high tech stuff that does the same thing.

After that, think layers. The more trapped air you have the better.

Keep in mind how the body prioritizes heat.

Head #1
Torso #2
Arms and Legs #3
Hands and Feet, dead last.

The body will reduce blood flow in reverse priority, so the hands and feet get reduced first, and so on.

This is why a down vest can keep your arms and legs warm.

If your body core is warm, then the blood flow to the arms and legs won't be reduced.

Sleeping caps may look goofy, but they can make a big difference on how warm you are when you sleep.

Good info, thanks! Sometimes I wear a hoodie and put the hood up when I sleep if I am cold, and it definitely helps.

What's weird is that he CANNOT STAND to wear socks to sleep in. LOL

Good info, thanks! Sometimes I wear a hoodie and put the hood up when I sleep if I am cold, and it definitely helps.

Try down booties.

The issue might be how tight the socks are and down booties are generally looser.

In the before time, when I did a bunch of winter mountaineering/hiking, I'd always wear my down booties in the sleeping bag.

Of course, much of that was to keep my feet from freezing when they rubbed up against my boots or water bottle.

Yes, these were in the bottom of my sleeping bag to keep them from freezing solid.

diabetic socks, they are very loose fitting. I cant wear tight socks but can wear loose ones.

Back