Brady's Pajamas

Beaglebay

Houndsight is 20/20
Reaction score
http://www.si.com/edge/2017/01/05/tom-brady-sleepwear-line-under-armour-recovery-tech

Tom Brady says he can only work as hard—or perform as well—as his ability to recover. And he considers sleep the best way to recover, exactly why he strives for eight to 10 hours of uninterrupted zzz’s every night.

“We push our bodies so hard and our bodies need time to rejuvenate,” says Brady. “It is something I have been doing for a long time and is really important.”

With such an importance placed on sleep and recovery, it follows that the NFL star’s next signature product from Under Armour, which debuts on Jan. 5 at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, comes in the form of tech-infused sleepwear.

The TB12 Sleepwear line includes full-length shirts and pants—and a short-sleeve and shorts version—with bioceramics printed on the inside. The print, sourced from natural minerals, activates the body’s natural heat and reflects it back as far infrared energy, a common tool used to reduce inflammation and help the body recover faster. Under Armour says that this bioceramic print improves blood circulation, helping athletes recover while sleeping.

The bioceramic focus started for Under Armour in 2014 after Brady tweaked his calf prior to the season. Using the mineral technology in a gel form, he loved the results so much he challenged Under Armour to find a way to get the technology into clothes. It took Under Armour well over a year to refine the raw, scratchy mineral into a printed wearable form for full coverage. Under Armour worked with Brady and his team for 18 months to balance comfort and performance with the right amount of bioceramic coverage.

“I really care about the function and coverage is very important. I want to be covered from ankles to wrists to neck,” he says. “The sleepwear I wear is so critical to how I recover every night.” And not just the night, as Brady wears his gear for “large portions of the day” as well.

Well, good for him and that it works well for him.

Sounds like horsecrap to me though. :)

I'm at least glad that the guy gets to plug a company that does make good products.

Bioceramic jammies. Sounds legit, right?

My girlfriend almost bought me his cookbook for my birthday this year... until she saw the price LOL

Love Brady and happy his routine keeps him in elite form, but I don't buy into a lot of it.

"Natural minerals"... sure.

Sending this to the NFL offices to investigate.

At the very least, he needs to be drug tested. :coffee:

I'm honestly surprised this allegation isn't made more often by opposing fans watching a 39-year old QB tear up the league while openly referring to his customized diet/exercise/supplement regime.

I'm honestly surprised this allegation isn't made more often by opposing fans watching a 39-year old QB tear up the league while openly referring to his customized diet/exercise/supplement regime.

I assume James Harrison is, too.
The dude is very public on all 3, yet gets "randomly" drug tested twice a month.

This type of clothing is often used by weightlifters, dancers, gymnasts, kayakers, or as undergarments for those who work outdoors, or in cold/hot areas.

Whatever floats his boat. As long as he believes it will work, it will work.

maybe he can get Favre to leave the Copperfit family and start doing some late night commercials.

Maybe Brady is part of West World (transhuman)... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Yes but it's likely to be a very high class, $229/lb horsecrap.

Cheers

That shit is spendy...

Well, good for him and that it works well for him.

Sounds like horsecrap to me though. :)

Well various forms of heat therapy have been around for quite some time, so it's certainly plausible that this could provide some benefit.

Assuming that the PJ's actually do absorb and reflect one's body heat, then it would act as a form of heat therapy.

Heat can improve circulation. That would help one flush lactic acid from the muscles.

Heat can help with maintaining flexibility.

Maybe this is how he's so "pliable" :coffee:

Back