Breaking news April 25, 2016 - NFL wins appeal, Brady suspended

We don't count CT in the New England region.
I'm willing to consider the northeast corner of CT (north of US Rte 6 and east of US Rte 5) as part of New England. Fairfield County is as much a part of New England as Scarsdale and New Rochelle.

Interestingly enough, while I like Dan's perspective better, appellate lawyer Raffi Melkonian views the lengthy delay as a sign that a very detailed dissent is being crafted for denial of rehearing.

I'm going to stick with Dan.

A dissent would not take this long to do. If they really believed there was no merit at all in the hearing, they would have dismissed it by now like they did the other 3 that came in after Brady.

My bigger concern is that they have not asked the NFL to respond. You would know better than me but could that be because they already know what the NFL would say given how many briefs have been written going back to Berman?

Interestingly enough, while I like Dan's perspective better, appellate lawyer Raffi Melkonian views the lengthy delay as a sign that a very detailed dissent is being crafted for denial of rehearing.

never trust a Raffi in court discussions

rafaelpalmeiro_medium.jpg

A dissent would not take this long to do. If they really believed there was no merit at all in the hearing, they would have dismissed it by now like they did the other 3 that came in after Brady.

My bigger concern is that they have not asked the NFL to respond. You would know better than me but could that be because they already know what the NFL would say given how many briefs have been written going back to Berman?

I don't know the schedules and timelines of these guys. I mean, explain AP with ANY justification or rationalization.

They definitely operate at their own pace. One that makes banking seem like the express veteran laden Dunkin Donut drive thru.

Maybe the entire panel hasn't been able to read thru everything yet( though from the last case it sure seems like some of them leave all the lifting to their underlings). Maybe some are tied to other cases presently. Summer vacations. I have no idea.

I will be stunned if and when everyone has had the adequate time to digest everything submitted by the legions of actual credible people if the court does not ask ole Rog to submit his side. And then please, please, please open everything for discovery to show their deviousness.

Any chance there are back door negotiations going on??
I.e. hey Mr NFL this whole thing is beyond stupid......

Any chance there are back door negotiations going on??
I.e. hey Mr NFL this whole thing is beyond stupid......

I doubt it. There is now case law establishing a dangerous precedent for labor relations. The AFL-CIO will certainly want to see this appealed.

I doubt it. There is now case law establishing a dangerous precedent for labor relations. The AFL-CIO will certainly want to see this appealed.

The fact that they filed an amicus brief gave me great comfort but the longer this goes on, the more troubled I become.

Back