Breaking news April 25, 2016 - NFL wins appeal, Brady suspended

89 million people subscribe to ESPN? Good lord :spock:

Somewhat misleading. Many of the "subscribers" get ESPN as part of bundles with other channels. I know for me, just going one tier above the most basic gets me most of the ESPN channels whether I want them or not.

Somewhat misleading. Many of the "subscribers" get ESPN as part of bundles with other channels. I know for me, just going one tier above the most basic gets me most of the ESPN channels whether I want them or not.

It's funny...just this morning I was thinking about just how little I watch ESPN. NEVER any news stories, just games.

Per Nielsen, ESPN shed another 453,000 subscribers from June to July estimates (89.465 million to 89.012 million)

I just got rid of them as I cut my cable down to basic and subscribed to Netflix. Felt so good to not be giving them my $5 every month. :toast:

I just got rid of them as I cut my cable down to basic and subscribed to Netflix. Felt so good to not be giving them my $5 every month. :toast:

Been watching a lot of Netflix myself lately. Just not ready to downsize to basic cable.

Same here and the only reason I do that is the NFL network comes with it. Reconsidering just how badly I want Roger's soapbox.

Cheers, BostonTim

Been watching a lot of Netflix myself lately. Just not ready to downsize to basic cable.

Honestly, I don't miss it. I realized that so much of my sports viewing takes place on the Internet these days. I barely ever watch the sports channels except for football season and the games I really want to see for the NFL are on the primary channels anyways. The savings is unreal. Close to $90/month. My kids watch the Netflix and it is better than anything RCN had so it is a win/win.

Honestly, I don't miss it. I realized that so much of my sports viewing takes place on the Internet these days. I barely ever watch the sports channels except for football season and the games I really want to see for the NFL are on the primary channels anyways. The savings is unreal. Close to $90/month. My kids watch the Netflix and it is better than anything RCN had so it is a win/win.

Thinking about buying a slingbox and asking a friend who lives in New Hampshire to set it up in their house. That should get me all the Pats, Sox, Bruins and Celtics I can handle.

Thinking about buying a slingbox and asking a friend who lives in New Hampshire to set it up in their house. That should get me all the Pats, Sox, Bruins and Celtics I can handle.

I didn't realize you live outside NE. A sling box is the way to go. I have a friend from Philly who has one. He has hooked up to his mom's house back in Philly.

I didn't realize you live outside NE. A sling box is the way to go. I have a friend from Philly who has one. He has hooked up to his mom's house back in Philly.

Well, I live in CT :harumph: but in Fairfield County which provides me with NY based crappy sports viewing. I could literally throw a rock and it would land in a spot that has access to NESN, Celtics games and Hartford-based network affiliates that allow me to watch Pats games in HD.

Well, I live in CT :harumph: but in Fairfield County which provides me with NY based crappy sports viewing. I could literally throw a rock and it would land in a spot that has access to NESN, Celtics games and Hartford-based network affiliates that allow me to watch Pats games in HD.

We don't count CT in the New England region. I kid, I kid.

I have a friend who lives in southern CT and he says they should just break it off and call it NY. He hates the NY sports and fans.

We don't count CT in the New England region. I kid, I kid.

I have a friend who lives in southern CT and he says they should just break it off and call it NY. He hates the NY sports and fans.

I grew up in New Haven and have hated NY sports and fans since I can remember.

Moved to Shelton in 1987 and it's worse. So many more of them around me.

Wow that does seem encouraging. Maybe it's the bias talking but I can't see why something that could affect all employer/employee transactions not meriting an en banc.

Daniel Wallach ‏<s>@</s>WALLACHLEGAL <small class="time">https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/752862813400494081 </small> Brady meriting extra consideration? Of the 7 en banc petitions denied last week by the Second Circuit, 3 were filed AFTER Brady's petition.

Very interesting.

I don't know how those folks do their jobs, but I'm guessing that they may view the Brady case as a likely powderkeg that would draw a whole bunch of national attention on them should they decide to go forward with the en banc review.

If there is any way they can wave the red flag and let this bull run past then that is what they will at least prefer to do, but I'm sure they want all their ducks in a row either way.

Very interesting.

I don't know how those folks do their jobs, but I'm guessing that they may view the Brady case as a likely powderkeg that would draw a whole bunch of national attention on them should they decide to go forward with the en banc review.

If there is any way they can wave the red flag and let this bull run past then that is what they will at least prefer to do, but I'm sure they want all their ducks in a row either way.
Judge Judy, Joe Brown and others need to be replaced, hearing the Brady appeal could land them the gigs!!!

I did the Slingbox for a while. It was grainy, but ok. I'm sure newer technology has made this better. It is great, but you only see what is on the tv. If your buddy is gone and his wife/kids are watching something other than the Pats game, you get that. That isn't fun when the game is about to start.

Judge Judy, Joe Brown and others need to be replaced, hearing the Brady appeal could land them the gigs!!!

That's a great idea.

Roger gets the bright idea to save the NFL a pile of money and bring the case to Judge Judy. She looks at the "evidence" for 5 minutes sees he doesn't have a receipt for deflation, frees Brady, delivers a scathing rebuke to Rog and throws him out on his ear.

Justice is served.

Interestingly enough, while I like Dan's perspective better, appellate lawyer Raffi Melkonian views the lengthy delay as a sign that a very detailed dissent is being crafted for denial of rehearing.

I'm going to stick with Dan.

Back