Bring On The Bills!

I doubt highly that they do, and as a fan who HATED the 16-0 banner, I'm fine with that.

I would expect BB to rest/rotate in certain guys for parts of later games if it does not affect seeding. That alone will likely mean no 16-0, and I'm good with that. OL and pass catchers are razor thin obviously.

I'm glad they took down that banner

I think a weeks worth of time they can sort out the WR problem. I'd like to see them use a 4 TE set and use White more. I don't care about the WRs, I'm more concerned about the OL and Brady taking a beating. If you watch the game again, check out the shot he took on that INT he threw (the one that was called back) in the 1st Quarter. That was one of many, but that one in particular, and there was another one in the 4th Quarter that turned my head too.

This OL needs to be fixed somehow. I think the 3 or 4 TE set will help curb that problem some

Problem with multi TE set is none of them are threats in the passing game. Gronk was invisible much of last game (having to block, covered, drops, etc.) and Chandler is basically a bust so far.

I definitely agree about getting White more involved. He was one of the few bright spots on the O.

Problem with multi TE set is none of them are threats in the passing game. Gronk was invisible much of last game (having to block, covered, drops, etc.) and Chandler is basically a bust so far.

I definitely agree about getting White more involved. He was one of the few bright spots on the O.

I agree with this. :coffee:

I take that back. I agree with this, instead. :coffee:

Maybe use the 3 TE set and use all three as FBs for the RB. Just blast one side of the D line. It'd have to be timed for the run blocking to set up properly. Blount out of the I maybe. :shrug_n: :shoot:

I believe the Pats offense works best when it spreads the field horizontally, multi TE sets tend to compress the box and allow the D to defend the run with 7-8 guys.

I felt like the prescription against the Bills was to run at 'em with zone blocking but the Pats O-linemen were losing their one on one battles.

I believe the Pats offense works best when it spreads the field horizontally, multi TE sets tend to compress the box and allow the D to defend the run with 7-8 guys.

I felt like the prescription against the Bills was to run at 'em with zone blocking but the Pats O-linemen were losing their one on one battles.

This is why I had the 3 TE set - maybe 2 TEs with Mason - to beef up the run blocking. Sets up the play action.

If the O can't win in the trenches, play action won't scare anybody. Except the QB. :)

I'm worried about Brady getting killed if the OL continues to play this poorly.

I'd like to see the Patriots run the ball out of these sets to set up play action so he can have some time to throw. I think the Patriots can run the ball on them and we don't know if Amendola is playing yet either.

It's going to be a tight game.

Ahh so that's probably why TB started calling out 2 #s for the mike (and stopped saying IS THE MIKE, probably designated which was the actual Mike by position of the # in his call out)at the line instead of one.

Ahh so that's probably why TB started calling out 2 #s for the mike (and stopped saying IS THE MIKE, probably designated which was the actual Mike by position of the # in his call out)at the line instead of one.

Wow. Rex is a defensive genius. Really studied TB over the years.

The trouble with this is that it assumes value is determined by stats alone, so that if a play dictates that Gronk draw coverage away from a WR and the WR catches a ball, stats dictate the WR done good and Gronk is useless.

Belichick isn't the only coach to focus on the other team's main threat. If I were a head coach playing the Pats, I would definitely blanket Gronk, especially with Edelman out. (If Gronk were out and Edelman in, I'd blanket Edelman.)

The drops bother me the most. Both Gronk and CHandler had a pair.

Back