Brissett to Colts?

I'm reading now that Pagano was losing patience with him because of constant muscle strains and cramping. Tells me his training regimen sucked. He'll be in for culture shock here, if he can actually learn the playbook. I mean, Indy isn't exactly a trailblazer for their offense. Plus, he went to the basketweaving mecca of colleges, University of Miami.

I mean, if he went to Da U, at least he's got some talent.

But I don't think he's your slot receiver, like some do. I don't think he'll be able to figure out playing slot in the E-P system. Certainly not in 3 days.

Maybe this is more of a Jeff Demps thing, I dunno. But Demps was what, a 6th round pick?

All I know is Brissett, while I wasn't in love with him here - can win that starting job in 8 days.

Oh, thank God. Hopefully this is good news. You hated Edelman at one time also and he turned out to be a stud. :toast:

Hope so. I've torqued tommy about edeljag regularly, but the truth is he knows 10 times more than me and he's right 10 times more often than I've ever been.

But that aside, iIBIT.

Cheers

Oh, thank God. Hopefully this is good news. You hated Edelman at one time also and he turned out to be a stud. :toast:

Yep, been wrong before, and I will be again. And I won't lose any sleep over it because Brissett's a JAG, and was probably going to be cut anyway, so at least they got a former first-rounder out of it.

Maybe he'll be something. But if he couldn't get it done in the Go-Route Offense in Indy, I just don't see how he'll figure out option routes in the E-P.

I do love how Indianapolis did their scouting of Brissett based solely on the exhibition game vs. the Giants, against and with the future Bass Pro Shops employees of America. Makes me think Irsay himself made the call. Didn't he used to be the GM when his drunk-ass Dad owned the team?

Yep, been wrong before, and I will be again. And I won't lose any sleep over it because Brissett's a JAG, and was probably going to be cut anyway, so at least they got a former first-rounder out of it.

Maybe he'll be something. But if he couldn't get it done in the Go-Route Offense in Indy, I just don't see how he'll figure out option routes in the E-P.

I do love how Indianapolis did their scouting of Brissett based solely on the exhibition game vs. the Giants, against and with the future Bass Pro Shops employees of America. Makes me think Irsay himself made the call. Didn't he used to be the GM when his drunk-ass Dad owned the team?

They're making a new banner as you speak...

What a shockah! I really liked Jacoby. Hope Dorsett is worth it.

Guess Jimmy G. better hope Tom retires soon or he'll be riding the pine with the Pats for a looong time to come!

Can he fumble punts the way Cyrus Jones did?
hell I would do that for rookie minimum... my ha ds are awesome

I mean, if he went to Da U, at least he's got some talent.

But I don't think he's your slot receiver, like some do. I don't think he'll be able to figure out playing slot in the E-P system. Certainly not in 3 days.

Maybe this is more of a Jeff Demps thing, I dunno. But Demps was what, a 6th round pick?

All I know is Brissett, while I wasn't in love with him here - can win that starting job in 8 days.
i bet he starts in week one. Colts are a mess

I wish JB the best, he is an awesome kid.
Me too!!!!!

I like Brissett because he was a Pat, but if he's your starter you're in trouble.
since it's the Colts I'm fine with it... just sayin' :coffee:

I think Jacoby shows a lot of promise. I don't care if he was playing against scrubs last game; he was also playing WITH scrubs. Bottom line is, he actually looked like a decent QB--certainly better than a good amount of the current NFL starters, and certainly better than almost all the backups aside from the handful of veterans. This seems like a good trade for both sides: the Pats get a former first-rounder with potential who was underwhelming in his previous circumstance, and the Colts get a guy who might be able to step in and QB the team better than the slew of crap backups they've had to this point. If anyone can squeeze some plays out of this kid, it's Belichick. And as much as they, and we, liked Jacoby, the bottom line is that he probably wasn't seeing the field this season and thus was wasting a roster spot that can be used for someone who WILL see the field. And, as we've said elsewhere, if they lose Brady and Garop, they can probably sign a vet off the couch who can play about the same as Jacoby would have.

An assinine trade that the Pat just might end up regetting.

Unlike some, I happen to think that Brissett could end up being pretty good. He's certainly got the size, strength, mobility and arm strength. There are reports that he is a guy that was very popular and well-respected in that locker room. He is supposed to be a natural leader.

You say Dorsett runs fast? So do a lot of people.

You tell me he returns punts? I say, so what? All BB ever cared about is somebody hanging onto the ball safely and if they happened to advance it then, whatver, that's nice.

You might as well trade a decent QB prospect with some very solid tools for a bag of donut holes or maybe a subscription to Cat Fancy magazine. Possibly a can of Flex-Seal, except Flex-seal actually has some uses.

Dorsett has no hands and no value to our offense whatsoever.

I've already heard glowing projections of the new and improved Pats super-offense that just needed one speedy former Miami Hurricane in order to really hit on all cylinders and I laugh and remember just how everybody slayed the Colts when they reached for him in the first place and those people were all correct the first time as Dorsett has had ample time to prove.

I'm really pissed-off at this one. Just fvcking stupid.

An assinine trade that the Pat just might end up regetting.

Unlike some, I happen to think that Brissett could end up being pretty good. He's certainly got the size, strength, mobility and arm strength. There are reports that he is a guy that was very popular and well-respected in that locker room. He is supposed to be a natural leader.

So, they trade him for a bag of donut holes.

You say Dorsett runs fast? So do a lot of people.

You tell me he returns punts? I say, so what? All BB ever cared about is somebody hanging onto the ball safely and if they happened to advance it then, whatver, that's nice.

You might as well trade a decent QB prospect with some very solid tools for a bag of donut holes of maybe a subscription to Cat Fancy magazine. Possibly a can of Flex-Seal, except Flex-seal actually has some uses.

Dorsett has no hands and no value to our offense whatsoever.

I've already heard glowing projections of the new and improved Pats super-offense that just needed one speedy former Miami Hurricane in order to really hit on all cylinders and I laugh and remember just how everybody slayed the Colts when they reached for him in the first place and those people were all correct the first time as Dorsett has had ample time to prove.

I'm really pissed-off at this one. Just fvcking stupid.

I look at it this way: let's say you have a really nice house. This house has all the bells and whistles across the board: modern kitchen, great yard, everything. And let's say, unlike most of your neighbors who only have one half-decent car in the garage, you have an amazing car, and you also have a pretty decent second car, and you even have a not-so-bad third car. But what you don't have is a really good lawnmower. Your neighbor has no good car but he has a half-decent lawnmower. Yes, your third car is worth more than that lawnmower, but in this circumstance that lawnmover might be worth more to you than normal... and you're probably not gonna need that third car for a long time anyway.

Back