Brown Cut by Patriots

So, they signed the guy so Tom Brady could pad his different player TD stat. Then, when the deed is done they cut the guy? The Patriots have no shame.

Let's be honest, it's a bit of a relief. Great player but he would have been a non-stop circus and the organisation, no organisation can have these issues hanging over a player in this day and age.

It still absolutely stinks that it was the day he signed for the Patriots, the stories suddenly came out. But the Patriots have done the right thing.

Only because he came to the pats. If he went to the chiefs, it would have been looked at as a great move to beat the pats.

I don't understand..... NE cuts Brown, Brown ends up on another team.....so why not just keep Brown?

He’s an arrogant jerk. Not a likable guy in any way. The team had a ridiculous possible level in front of us. Now it gets harder. He’s a very skilled player.

Hopefully Dorsett is up to the expanded role.

Only because he came to the pats. If he went to the chiefs, it would have been looked at as a great move to beat the pats.

Yes sir. Antonio Brown was accused of heinous offenses AFTER the Patriots signed him. Prior to that, it was all malicious mischief against Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Mayock. Perspective.

If anything, maybe the whole experiment will make the team more cohesive because of his stupid BS and what NOT to do.

Hello Bill .. this is Bob.. just had a great massage and it occurred to me that I told you last week to back out of the A. Brown deal..

Don't you read coolade's posts..?

If anything, maybe the whole experiment will make the team more cohesive because of his stupid BS and what NOT to do.

I can imagine a lot of players being quite uncomfortable with AB there as the truth started to emerge. The pats players tend to be fairly unassuming and typically family men which is very noticeable with guys like Slater, Tom, DMac, KVN, White and many others.

I think there will be relief now in the building and they can regroup and move on.

Pretty happy about this.
Not me. It's sad. The guy was a super talent and a terrific work ethic. Off=-field, he was an egotistical nutcase out of control.

I really hoped he would adjust to the Pats locker room, the veterans, and BB, that he would learn something and be a better person because of the Patriots.

It could have worked, assuming the Taylor charges were unfounded.

Instead, Brown's career is in the toilet.

The Pats come out stronger, though. There is no one in the current or future locker room who will think that any player, no matter how talented, is about the team culture.

Small consolation, though, to me.

The chefs will sign him...wouldn't doubt it at all.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

...or the Brownies.

Yes sir. Antonio Brown was accused of heinous offenses AFTER the Patriots signed him. Prior to that, it was all malicious mischief against Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Mayock. Perspective.

The only thing that’ll make me happy is if we get the cap space back.

Feels like O line might be chronic this year.

While disappointed we won't see anymore Brady-to-Brown, I'm also relieved. This guy was nitro waiting to blow up. I had doubts he'd last the season.

Will the Chiefs grab him? Maybe, but he doesn't seem to have much staying power, does he?

I'll give Randy Moss credit. He shot his way out of town, but at least he lasted two years.

Not me. It's sad. The guy was a super talent and a terrific work ethic. Off=-field, he was an egotistical nutcase out of control.

I really hoped he would adjust to the Pats locker room, the veterans, and BB, that he would learn something and be a better person because of the Patriots.

It could have worked, assuming the Taylor charges were unfounded.

Instead, Brown's career is in the toilet.

The Pats come out stronger, though. There is no one in the current or future locker room who will think that any player, no matter how talented, is about the team culture.

Small consolation, though, to me.

The media ran this one. The exact day he signed here, everything blew up. The media who hate the Patriots got pissed, the fans cried, and the media search of all things AB took off. There was no way they were going to leave it alone. I am not sure this makes the patriots stronger, but at least Bill and Brady do not have to answer 50 questions about it weekly. The bad part is, the pats think of things along the lines of football and not the media bullshit, so they don't see how it will affect things. I just heard a chiefs fan on the radio say, this is karma for all the bad shit the Patriots do, and it was met with cheers and jubilation, as Hill gets extended on a contract. This is where we are in the NFL.

The only thing that’ll make me happy is if we get the cap space back.

Feels like O line might be chronic this year.

Feels like the oline might be worse now because a weapon like brown with quick releases can get open quickly and thus lower the amount of time to block.

I can imagine a lot of players being quite uncomfortable with AB there as the truth started to emerge. The pats players tend to be fairly unassuming and typically family men which is very noticeable with guys like Slater, Tom, DMac, KVN, White and many others.
IDK. The Patriots have always worked on the principle that you arrive with a clean slate, and are judged on what you do as a Patriot, not what you did before.

You are absolutely correct that Brown is un-Patriot-like in his off-field behavior, but people can change. Had he fallen into line, all the players you mention would be proud of his redemption.

This is totally on Brown, and I can't help feeling sad for him.

To paraphrase a usual political post... sign a clown, expect a circus.

Absolutely not shocked he only lasted less than two weeks.

The only stupid move the Pats made was releasing Thomas. Now they’re thin at WR again and he’ll probably go 10 for 150 against them this weekend. Then Tom Jackson will say “this team hates their coach” and... :coffee:

The media ran this one. The exact day he signed here, everything blew up. The media who hate the Patriots got pissed, the fans cried, and the media search of all things AB took off. There was no way they were going to leave it alone. I am not sure this makes the patriots stronger, but at least Bill and Brady do not have to answer 50 questions about it weekly. The bad part is, the pats think of things along the lines of football and not the media bullshit, so they don't see how it will affect things. I just heard a chiefs fan on the radio say, this is karma for all the bad shit the Patriots do, and it was met with cheers and jubilation, as Hill gets extended on a contract. This is where we are in the NFL.
Chiefs are the only team left for Brown. They already have a WR who threatened a woman in person. Now they can have a pair of them.

Chiefs are the only team left for Brown. They already have a WR who threatened a woman in person. Now they can have a pair of them.

And for some reason, the Moral posse was not out in full effect on this one. Its amazing how much more AB was targeted when he left the steelers and the raiders and went to the Patriots. I have no idea what he did or anything, but what you said was spot on, when you come here the slate is clean. From a football standpoint, its a huge loss.

Back