bs thread

Who do think controls the release of the Wells report if Goodell/NFL doesn't?
You asked me that exact same question several hours ago. My answer has not changed.

Furthermore, even if it is something the NFL has control over, you seem not to realize that "the NFL" is a conglomeration of 32 entities plus the league office. All those parties are going to want to see the report, and there is absolutely ZERO chance it remains under wraps for any prolonged period of time.

We will all see the report in full shortly after it is released.

You asked me that exact same question several hours ago. My answer has not changed.

Furthermore, even if it is something the NFL has control over, you seem not to realize that "the NFL" is a conglomeration of 32 entities plus the league office. All those parties are going to want to see the report, and there is absolutely ZERO chance it remains under wraps Huhhhh any prolonged period of time.h6g
We will all see the report in shortly it is released.
Roger can ask to review the report prior to release and have a team of lawyers stall the release unto a time he wants it let out.

Roger can ask to review the report prior to release and have a team of lawyers stall the release unto a time he wants it let out.
You have got to be kidding me. Roger Goodell knows who he works for. Do you honestly believe he is going to gather a team of lawyers to keep this report out of the hands of the people who hired him, sign his paycheck (figuratively speaking), and can fire him whenever they darn well please?

People, join us in the real world here. Roger Goodell works for the owners, not vice-versa. Those 32 men (I'm including the GM of GB in that total) are not going to sit idly by an twiddle their thumbs if Goodell has the report and refuses to share it with them. He may have an hour or so to prepare a press release. He will not have anything significantly longer than that.

Furthermore, even if it is something the NFL has control over, you seem not to realize that "the NFL" is a conglomeration of 32 entities plus the league office. All those parties are going to want to see the report, and there is absolutely ZERO chance it remains under wraps for any prolonged period of time.

We will all see the report in full shortly after it is released.

Wells? I doubt he was given any authority to release anything to any entity other than to the entity that hired him. That would be Goodell in my mind.

Wells? I doubt he was given any authority to release anything to any entity other than to the entity that hired him. That would be Goodell in my mind.
The NFL hired him. Goodell is not the NFL. He has people he needs to answer to - 32 of 'em, in fact.

There is zero chance Goodell gets this report and keeps it away from his bosses for anything longer than maybe the hour it'll take to whip up a quickie press release.

The NFL released the Incognito report and Mueller Report in full on the same day they were completed. Why anyone thinks the deflategate report will be any different remains a mystery.

That is exactly why I want Congress to look into the Punk the NFL has become with threatening the NFL tax exempt policy if the NFL buries the truth, if there really is a conspiracy going on

The NFL hired him. Goodell is not the NFL. He has people he needs to answer to - 32 of 'em, in fact.

There is zero chance Goodell gets this report and keeps it away from his bosses for anything longer than maybe the hour it'll take to whip up a quickie press release.

The NFL released the Incognito report and Mueller Report in full on the same day they were completed. Why anyone thinks the deflategate report will be any different remains a mystery.

Theoretically, you're correct, that he has owners he has to answer to. However, this report will sit in his hands for substantially longer than an hour. Once he gets the report, whatever it says, he will have to ponder pennances for whoever is listed as responsible, whether the Patriots, Grigson, Ken sil, Irsay, whoever. That will not come without much aforethought and could take days. Once the punishments are decided upon, the report will come out.

Theoretically, you're correct, that he has owners he has to answer to. However, this report will sit in his hands for substantially longer than an hour. Once he gets the report, whatever it says, he will have to ponder pennances for whoever is listed as responsible, whether the Patriots, Grigson, Ken sil, Irsay, whoever. That will not come without much aforethought and could take days. Once the punishments are decided upon, the report will come out.
There is no way the owners of the NFL (not to mention the fans) will be happy to hear that the report is finally done but oh gee, you still have to wait. Also, I don't see why he has to have punishments ready to go prior to releasing the report.

History is on my side here with the first Wells Report (Incognito) and the Mueller Report (Ray Rice).

There is no way the owners of the NFL (not to mention the fans) will be happy to hear that the report is finally done but oh gee, you still have to wait. Also, I don't see why he has to have punishments ready to go prior to releasing the report.

History is on my side here with the first Wells Report (Incognito) and the Mueller Report (Ray Rice).

History is on your side here? Really?

Do you think Deflategate is anything like Bullygate or Ray Rice?

The only thing these three events have in common is that the league investigated them.

Wells II has been ongoing for about 10 weeks now. Do you think the owners are going to have a major problem if their Commissioner takes some time to decide punishment?... and in the process actually get it right?

I doubt it.

History is on your side here? Really?
Yes. We have seen 2 independent investigations in the past year or so and both of them released reports to the league and the public on the exact same day. Why anyone thinks this will be any different is a total mystery.
Do you think Deflategate is anything like Bullygate or Ray Rice?
I think the process by which an independent investigator was hired to investigate the situation and report to the league - and the public - is virtually identical.

You may not have noticed, but the guy who investigated and reported on "Bullygate" is the same guy doing this investigation.
The only thing these three events have in common is that the league investigated them.

Wells II has been ongoing for about 10 weeks now. Do you think the owners are going to have a major problem if their Commissioner takes some time to decide punishment?... and in the process actually get it right?
Of course not. In fact, I think we can all safely assume the Commissioner will take some time to decide punishment.

But where is it written that they cannot release the report in the meantime? That is something owners will have a major problem with. Do you think Bob Kraft is just going to sit idly by after the report has been completed and have no problem waiting another couple weeks? Gimme a break.

1) He's not going to have punishments ready to go because there are too many different outcomes and scenarios and degrees of infraction. Was there collusion? Was this a deliberate act? Too many different scenarios. Trust me, Goodell isn't sitting there with a list of punishments.

2) The owners aren't going to know the report is done until he's good and ready to tell them. You might think that because he's the mouthpiece for the owners that he's going to hit the magic All-32 button and let them all know the second it hits his desk, but he's not telling them until he has a plan in place.

3) History is on your side? No.

1) He's not going to have punishments ready to go because there are too many different outcomes and scenarios and degrees of infraction. Was there collusion? Was this a deliberate act? Too many different scenarios. Trust me, Goodell isn't sitting there with a list of punishments.
I agree. But as mentioned above, that's no reason to sit on the report. If anything, he will want to report released so he can gauge public sentiment.
2) The owners aren't going to know the report is done until he's good and ready to tell them.
Gimme a break. The owners know people in the NFL office. This isn't espionage. They're all in it together.
3) History is on your side? No.
Yes it is. The fact that you are too blind to see the parallels to the previous reports does nothing to change that.

Am I the only one on this forum that has actually, like, been following the NFL over the past year or so and knows anything about how the past 2 independent investigations went?

I can't help but notice the people saying history is not on my side can't provide a single counter-example to my statement.

You have got to be kidding me. Roger Goodell knows who he works for. Do you honestly believe he is going to gather a team of lawyers to keep this report out of the hands of the people who hired him, sign his paycheck (figuratively speaking), and can fire him whenever they darn well please?

People, join us in the real world here. Roger Goodell works for the owners, not vice-versa. Those 32 men (I'm including the GM of GB in that total) are not going to sit idly by an twiddle their thumbs if Goodell has the report and refuses to share it with them. He may have an hour or so to prepare a press release. He will not have anything significantly longer than that.
and working for them has not stopped him from following his own path...His ego is bigger than his fear

exactly, he needs to review to be able to asnwer questions other owners will raise... kind of simple really, you do not want to face an angry mob without knowing what they will be after.

the fans do not matter, are you shitting me thinking we do???

And do you know if the previous reports were released the day completed or were they reviewed 1st? For all we know he has the report right now sitting on his desk and wells is "creating a final draft" for release.

League wants no shame brought to the shield but a individual team is ok to be shamed

I agree. But as mentioned above, that's no reason to sit on the report. If anything, he will want to report released so he can gauge public sentiment.
Gimme a break. The owners know people in the NFL office. This isn't espionage. They're all in it together.
Yes it is. The fact that you are too blind to see the parallels to the previous reports does nothing to change that.

Am I the only one on this forum that has actually, like, been following the NFL over the past year or so and knows anything about how the past 2 independent investigations went?

I can't help but notice the people saying history is not on my side can't provide a single counter-example to my statement.
You follow the releases, but not one member here knows when those reports were completed and the relationship to when they were released.

You can think theywere released without league review and i can say you are naive to believe so. These are not owners of subway facing a BOH review but billionaires playing a game we can not fathom.

the fans do not matter, are you shitting me thinking we do???
This is a very image-conscious league. Look at how much fan outrage affected the whole Ray Rice situation of last year.
And do you know if the previous reports were released the day completed or were they reviewed 1st? For all we know he has the report right now sitting on his desk and wells is "creating a final draft" for release.
The reports were each dated, and they were each released to the public on the same date listed on page 1 of the reports.

It can hardly be considered an "independent investigation" if Wells was submitting it to Goodell for approval and revision. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the league is placing any undue pressure on Wells, nor is there any evidence whatsoever to suggest Wells is acting with anything but the appropriate levels of integrity.

I think Kensll definitely has it out for the Patriots. I don't think Goodell has it out for the Patriots, but I rarely argue the point. However, people who think Wells also has it out for the Patriots and that he is just rubberstamping whatever Goodell wants him to need to join us in the real world.

You follow the releases, but not one member here knows when those reports were completed and the relationship to when they were released.
Um, the reports were dated. That's when they were completed. And that' also when they were released.
You can think theywere released without league review and i can say you are naive to believe so. These are not owners of subway facing a BOH review but billionaires playing a game we can not fathom.
Now you're just questioning the integrity of Wells and of Mueller. If they submitted their reports to the league for approval prior to general release, then that means they weren't independent investigators.

There is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to suggest that is the case.
There is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to suggest either of those 2 men acted with anything less than the proper levels of integrity and independence.

he doesn't give a shit about public sentiment. If he did, he wouldn't have allowed the public bloodletting against the Patriots in the two weeks before the SB.
There's nothing remotely similar iin the under-inflation of footballs to battering your girlfriend unconscious or whipping your child's thighs and genitals bloody or even to the Martin-Incognito bullying with racial undertones situations. So, yeah, I'm not the blind one here.

There's your single counter example.

Um, the reports were dated. That's when they were completed. And that' also when they were released.
Now you're just questioning the integrity of Wells and of Mueller. If they submitted their reports to the league for approval prior to general release, then that means they weren't independent investigators.

There is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to suggest that is the case.
There is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to suggest either of those 2 men acted with anything less than the proper levels of integrity and independence.
Imo roger knew of the punch but thought it was covered up, how could he not? That was covered up.

he doesn't give a shit about public sentiment.
Sorry but that's not true. If he didn't care about public sentiment, he would have never taken the Ray Rice investigation past the initial 2 week suspension.

If he did, he wouldn't have allowed the public bloodletting against the Patriots in the two weeks before the SB. There's nothing remotely similar iin the under-inflation of footballs to battering your girlfriend unconscious or whipping your child's thighs and genitals bloody or even to the Martin-Incognito bullying with racial undertones situations. So, yeah, I'm not the blind one here.
Nice straw-man response

I didn't say the crimes were similar, I said the league following the process of hiring an independent investigator is similar.

Still waiting for a counter example of when the NFL hired an independent investigator and then sat on that person's report.

Back