bs thread

Sorry but that's not true. If he didn't care about public sentiment, he would have never taken the Ray Rice investigation past the initial 2 week suspension.

Nice straw-man response

I didn't say the crimes were similar, I said the league following the process of hiring an independent investigator is similar.

Still waiting for a counter example of when the NFL hired an independent investigator and then sat on that person's report.

Nah, you can sit up there on your high horse. You're right, and everyone else is wrong.

What if the final report was handed in predated 1 week ahead so review can take place.
If that's the case, then Mueller and Wells have absolutely zero integrity and are participating in a sham. They have zero integrity for publicly claiming to be independent investigators while really taking their marching orders from the league.

So if you're claim is that everyone is a corrupt P.O.S. doing everything they can to cover everything up, then you need to join us in the real world. I have faith in Ted Wells and I will accept his findings.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: There are certainly parts of the report that Wells will discuss with the league office and participants involved in order to give them a chance to respond. That is what a responsible independent investigator would do. But what a responsible, independent investigator would never do is submit his findings to the league for their approval and have Goodell say "ok, everything you wrote in Section 5 is true but it makes us look bad so take it out."

Nah, you can sit up there on your high horse. You're right, and everyone else is wrong.
Translation: You have no counterexample and history is on my side and you know it.

Translation: You have no counterexample and history is on my side and you know it.

No. I'm just not going to sit here and debate with another Tony, who is always right and argues the same point repeatedly and hears nothing anyone else says.

And don't interpret my statements to suit your agenda.

No. I'm just not going to sit here and debate with another Tony, who is always right and argues the same point repeatedly and hears nothing anyone else says.

And don't interpret my statements to suit your agenda.
Feel free to provide a counter example any day now....

If that's the case, then Mueller and Wells have absolutely zero integrity and are participating in a sham. They have zero integrity for publicly claiming to be independent investigators while really taking their marching orders from the league.

So if you're claim is that everyone is a corrupt P.O.S. doing everything they can to cover everything up, then you need to join us in the real world. I have faith in Ted Wells and I will accept his findings.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: There are certainly parts of the report that Wells will discuss with the league office and participants involved in order to give them a chance to respond. That is what a responsible independent investigator would do. But what a responsible, independent investigator would never do is submit his findings to the league for their approval and have Goodell say "ok, everything you wrote in Section 5 is true but it makes us look bad so take it out."
You finally get it, Roger hand selected the investgators= corrupt review

To me it is Your perception of history.

Remember your opinion is not gospel, neither is mine - truth is mostlikely between our two opinions so we can agree to disagree - without the bravado.

You finally get it, Roger hand selected the investgators= corrupt review

And is paying them. Let's not forget that.

Just like an attorney pays for the "independent" testimony of an expert witness to support their case.

And is paying them. Let's not forget that.
Uh, no, Roger is not paying them. The league's 32 owners are paying them. And they are going to want to know what really happened.
Just like an attorney pays for the "independent" testimony of an expert witness to support their case.
That is a bankrupt analogy. Hiring an independent investigator is not even remotely comparable to paying a witness.

WTF is it that you people want? The league office to have conducted it all in-house? Maybe they should have just let Kensll run the whole investigation instead? Guess you'd be cool with that?

There is simply no way an investigation of deflated footballs in a game should be taking this long. Even if they interviewed everyone associated with the Ravens, Colts, Pats and NFL Offices it should have been done by now. Either you find something, or you do not. When you find proof, you have your report. This report is being held because they've got nothing and have a plan to release it at a time when it will be forgotten in a couple of hours.
The report is taking so long because it is no longer about deflated footballs. It has morphed into an investigation of corruption at the league office. And they should take all the time they need to look into that.

It took 13 weeks to issue the Incognito Report and 17 weeks to issue the Ray Rice report. We are only at the 10+ week mark. I am not going to compare the severity of the crimes, but the actual stuff being investigated was arguably a lot simpler for each of those. Here we have layers of corruption in the league office begging to be exposed.

Exactly.

Quigon seems to forget who's paying the freight.
Newsflash: it ain't Roger Goodell "paying the freight" like you people seem to think.

You people need to drop the paranoid "everyone is out to get the Patriots" conspiracy theory nonsense.

Uh, no, Roger is not paying them. The league's 32 owners are paying them. And they are going to want to know what really happened.
Yeah, I'm thinking that outside of the Patriots, the Colts, and possibly the Ravens, nobody gives a flying fvck about this investigation.
That is a bankrupt analogy. Hiring an independent investigator is not even remotely comparable to paying a witness.

Hiring an investigator that is paid by the person/organization that hired him, is reporting to the person/organization that hired him, is providing an "expert" report to the person/organization that hired him, is exactly like hiring an independent expert witness, who writes a report and provides it to the person/organization hiring him.

And perhaps YOU think it's a bankrupt analogy, but, hey, that's cool.

WTF is it that you people want? The league office to have conducted it all in-house? Maybe they should have just let Kensll run the whole investigation instead? Guess you'd be cool with that?

That's kind of a ridiculous interpretation of what everyone is saying here. The fact of the matter is there never should have been an "independent" investigation, never should have hired an "independent" $1500-an-hour attorney, and the over 100 truly independent physicists and scientists that came forward with the actual science of the deflation should have sufficed, along with the fact of the actual video that was provided from in excess of who knows however many cameras there are on the sidelines, and the fact that the footballs were never gauged to begin with. This was a non-issue that never should have gotten past that football game.

Newsflash: it ain't Roger Goodell "paying the freight" like you people seem to think.

You people need to drop the paranoid "everyone is out to get the Patriots" conspiracy theory nonsense.

He'll be the one for all intents and purposes signing the check.

Yeah, I'm thinking that outside of the Patriots, the Colts, and possibly the Ravens, nobody gives a flying fvck about this investigation.
Oh really? You don't think other organizations care about corruption at the highest levels of the league office?

Can't say I agree with you there.
That's kind of a ridiculous interpretation of what everyone is saying here. The fact of the matter is there never should have been an "independent" investigation, never should have hired an "independent" $1500-an-hour attorney, and the over 100 truly independent physicists and scientists that came forward with the actual science of the deflation should have sufficed, along with the fact of the actual video that was provided from in excess of who knows however many cameras there are on the sidelines, and the fact that the footballs were never gauged to begin with. This was a non-issue that never should have gotten past that football game.
I, for one, am glad they hired an independent investigator. I trust Ted Wells a helluva lot more than I trust Mike Kensll and Troy Vincent, don't you?

The goals of the investigation will be to determine the explanation for why footballs used in the game were not in compliance with the playing rules and specifically whether any noncompliance was the result of deliberate action. We have not made any judgments on these points and will not do so until we have concluded our investigation and considered all of the relevant evidence.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/01/23/0ap3000000462480.pdf

~Dee~
By their own admission, they have already moved on from that initial statement. The Commissioner himself admitted that the actions of the league office were part of the investigation.

FACT: There is absolutely ZERO evidence suggesting that Ted Wells is being unduly influenced by the league office with regards to the timing or the content of this report.

It is pathetic and embarrassing how many people in here sound just like the haters, basing opinion on paranoid speculation and conspiracy theory instead of the facts and what is known.

You might want to wait for the results of Wells II before you group us together like a herd of idiots who are unable to interpret the actions of the league office as well as you think you can. There are some aspects of the case that suggest that the Patriots may have been set up or targeted in some way. Paranoid people sometimes have real enemies.

I don't believe that you have any reasonable basis for determining how Goodell will be handling things based on two past cases which are completely different. You keep telling us that we aren't paying attention to the actions of the NFL like they are operating under the immutable laws of parliamentary procedure or something.

What a crock. Roger is making this shit up as he goes along.

The owners didn't give Rice a slap on the wrist. Roger did and last time I checked he's still got the job.

He might not for much longer if Wells finds him or more likely his underlings blameworthy in the matter. That is something I find to be plausible and if it does go down that way then the resolution of this matter will be virtually unprecedented.

FACT: There is absolutely ZERO evidence suggesting that Ted Wells is being unduly influenced by the league office with regards to the timing or the content of this report.

It is pathetic and embarrassing how many people in here sound just like the haters, basing opinion on paranoid speculation and conspiracy theory instead of the facts and what is known.

Would you go away already? :coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

From what I've seen in your posts, the only one basing opinion, though I understand that you believe it to be fact, on speculation and conspiracy theory is you. There are no facts that anybody knows of yet, and nothing is known.

Other than, of course, a high-profile attorney hired by Roger Goodell himself is getting paid in excess of $1500 an hour, dragging this thing out as long as he possibly can to pad his billable hours, and as of a couple of weeks ago hadn't even interviewed Tom Brady yet.

But, yeah, I'm shaking in my flip flops, wildly speculating that we're going to lose our HC for the year, draft picks, and that we were set up by the NFL and nobody is going to believe that.

Not.

Back