Celtics

He shot under 30% in 3PT'ers in college, missed his first 20-something in the NBA, then came out and shot over 40% this year. He's come a looong way in a short amount of time and is still only 23. But seriously, if you leave a guy open an entire game like that eventually they are going to start hitting them. Even White would start hitting them....maybe probably. It was like shooting warmup shots he was so open. I love the stories yesterday of Udoka and his teammates telling GW to keep shooting when he was losing confidence, great leadership and camaraderie.

25 to be exact

The Celtics beat the reigning champs.

Donald Cerrone, Ric Flair and Bubba Jenkins all had quotes about that.
And like I said earlier, you have to give the Bucks, specifically Antetokounmpo and Holiday. They went out like champs. They're going to be a problem for years to come.

You’ve no doubt seen this, it’s a great segment. Magic interviewing Bird. Fascinating to hear them talk and the deep friendship they both clearly have. Larry says Dennis Johnson was the best player he ever played with. Edging out Kev. And Kobe was his favourite modern day player.

View: https://youtu.be/ur9tZtwC8W8

These two guys could basically be used as the living symbols of the 1980s! What a rivalry.

Last edited:
Boston media mostly underrating the Heat, and a lot think this could be a quick series, yikes. Though it's not like the Heat have been tested yet, they beat Atlanta who sucks, then against the Sixers 2 of their wins came when Embiid was out with a broken skull, and when he did come back he was still playing with basically 1 hand, plus there's the Harden factor. It's going to be an interesting series, no matter how it turns out won't surprise me except for either team getting swept.

You’ve no doubt seen this, it’s a great segment. Magic interviewing Bird. Fascinating to hear them talk and the deep friendship they both clearly have. Larry says David Johnson was the best player he ever played with. Edging out Kev. And Kobe was his favourite modern day player.
I think you mean Dennis Johnson.

1652818996794.png

Boston media mostly underrating the Heat, and a lot think this could be a quick series, yikes. Though it's not like the Heat have been tested yet, they beat Atlanta who sucks, then against the Sixers 2 of their wins came when Embiid was out with a broken skull, and when he did come back he was still playing with basically 1 hand, plus there's the Harden factor. It's going to be an interesting series, no matter how it turns out won't surprise me except for either team getting swept.
Which Boston media are underrating the Heat? Honest question.Not being a wiseass, but most I've read and listened to are giving the Heat the healthy respect they deserve.

Which Boston media are underrating the Heat? Honest question.Not being a wiseass, but most I've read and listened to are giving the Heat the healthy respect they deserve.
Mostly on Boston NBC Sports, I basically call that most of Boston media and I should have said television media. :p Mike Holley who is usually a bit of a homer gave Miami a lot of respect, and the main C's guy Forsberg though he's "not worried". Forsberg is actually pretty decent, he's the only one I heard predict a sweep of the Nets, for most of the reasons that turned out be right, and he was in the RW3 fan club long before anyone else knew what the C's really had.

Mostly on Boston NBC Sports, I basically call that most of Boston media and I should have said television media. :p Mike Holley who is usually a bit of a homer gave Miami a lot of respect, and the main C's guy Forsberg though he's "not worried". Forsberg is actually pretty decent, he's the only one I heard predict a sweep of the Nets, for most of the reasons that turned out be right, and he was in the RW3 fan club long before anyone else knew what the C's really had.
OK, thanks. Holley and Forsberg are both pretty honest and level-headed, although Holley used to be more honest, in my opinion. Over the years he's sort of moved mildly toward the phony negative to get clicks and reaction. Of course, being on NBC Sports Boston every night with Felger probably doesn't help in that department. And

No smart or horford for game one. According to Boston NBC sports. horford is in health and safety protocols. Expected to miss 2 to 3 games. They expect Marcus to be back for game 2. :poop:

Horford out(Health and Safety, is that covid?), that really sucks, he's what they were missing in the bubble series to cover Adebayo. Hopefully RW3 is ready to put in some manly minutes.

I think you mean Dennis Johnson.

View attachment 10700
What a great player he was. Most people don't realize he's in the Hall of fame. He could have averaged 25 a game. But he played his role instead of worrying about his stats. He was an offensive force with sonics and the suns. Before the celtics traded for him in the 1983 off season.

Horford out(Health and Safety, is that covid?), that really sucks, he's what they were missing in the bubble series to cover Adebayo. Hopefully RW3 is ready to put in some manly minutes.
yes covid.

Back