Celtics

Celtics are going quite well? Tough loss yesterday, last few seconds got pipped by Detroit. They were on a 9-0 winning streak before that.

Celtics are going quite well? Tough loss yesterday, last few seconds got pipped by Detroit. They were on a 9-0 winning streak before that.
My only concern is how much time Smart is going to miss. They finally figured out what I've been saying for years now- Marcus Smart is the rebirth of Dennis Johnson (RIP), he's a championship-level starting point guard.

My only concern is how much time Smart is going to miss. They finally figured out what I've been saying for years now- Marcus Smart is the rebirth of Dennis Johnson (RIP), he's a championship-level starting point guard.
He only gets in trouble when he hits a 3, then he thinks he's Steph Curry and tries 6 more in a row. He's gotten a lot better at that over the years.

Hmmm....the Celtics are going well. That was a really good win against the Jazz. 5 game winning streak and at 46-28, 4th in the EC and only two games off first place.

Smart seems to have been the key factor in this run. Great player.

Hmmm....the Celtics are going well. That was a really good win against the Jazz. 5 game winning streak and at 46-28, 4th in the EC and only two games off first place.

Smart seems to have been the key factor in this run. Great player.
I think somebody from the Celtics FO finally started reading this board. I've been screaming this from the mountain tops for about 3 years now. They've finally learned that looking to the point to carry your offense only works in college

I think somebody from the Celtics FO finally started reading this board. I've been screaming this from the mountain tops for about 3 years now. They've finally learned that looking to the point to carry your offense only works in college
I mean, some if it is Marcus Smart too, he had to accept his role.

As a pass-first point guard, there are few better in the league, when the offense runs through him, he moves the ball well. When he starts thinking he's Russell Westbrook, that's when he gets in trouble, always has.

I mean, some if it is Marcus Smart too, he had to accept his role.

As a pass-first point guard, there are few better in the league, when the offense runs through him, he moves the ball well. When he starts thinking he's Russell Westbrook, that's when he gets in trouble, always has.
They finally have a coach that was able to sell it to him.

They finally have a coach that was able to sell it to him.
I was worried earlier in the season that the coach "wasn't getting thru" or "they didn't respect him" etc etc
glad to see it coming together. I'm not going to claim to be the biggest Celtics/Basketball fan, but March Madness and playoffs I watch, and my youngest son is a big Celts fan so if they are on we are watching.

Celtics schedule:
Heat
Pacers
Wizards
@Bulls
@Bucks
@Grizzlies

Two dogs, 4 legit opponents. Going to assume that Bucks game will mean something by the time it's played. Hope is, the final game will not matter to the Grizzlies (even if it matters to the C's).

Heat schedule:
@Celtics
@ Bulls
@ Raptors
Hornets
Hawks
@Magic

Bucks schedule:
@Sixers
@Nets
Clippers
Mavericks
@Bulls
Celtics
@Pistons
@Cavs

Sixers schedule:
Bucks
@Pistons
Hornets
@Cavs
@Pacers
@Toronto
Pistons

Heat have a game in hand vs. the field but Sixers have easiest schedule. Likelihood is that C's and Bucks will be duking it out for 3rd.

Best full season net rating since it started being tracked: 1996/7 Bulls, +11.8

2021/2 Celtics since 1/22/22: +16.4

🤯

And the Bucks beat the Sixers last night to really make this interesting.

Tough loss to Miami last night.

Eastern conference standings with 5 to play:
1) Heat -
2) Bucks 1 GB
3) Sixers 1 GB
4) Celtics 2GB

Tough loss to Miami last night.

Eastern conference standings with 5 to play:
1) Heat -
2) Bucks 1 GB
3) Sixers 1 GB
4) Celtics 2GB
What's the deal with vax status and Toronto? Is everyone eligible to play away games in Toronto?

Back