Celtics

Hmmm....a real whupping of the Grizzlies, 139-110. Tatum 31 points, 9 rebounds and 3 assists...

Could this team be on the verge of doing something concrete in the playoffs?? No.2 seed clinched and the Nets likely coming into view...

Last edited:
Hmmm....a real whupping of the Grizzlies, 139-110. Tatum 31 points, 89 rebounds and 3 assists...

Could this team be on the verge of doing something concrete in the playoffs?? No.2 seed clinched and the Nets likely coming into view...
That's a lot of rebounds. :celtics:

I was of the belief they could not pass the Bucks by virtue of their loss to them on Thursday but whatever, I'm happy to have been wrong. Go :celtics:!

I was of the belief they could not pass the Bucks by virtue of their loss to them on Thursday but whatever, I'm happy to have been wrong. Go :celtics:!

According to the Globe:

In a three-way tie at the top of the Eastern Conference standings, the Celtics hold the tiebreaker over the Bucks (due to record against Eastern Conference playoff opponents) and the 76ers (due to head-to-head record).

They are lucky they won that game. They played like crap. Too many TOs and missed free throws. If they are going to win the series. They have to play better.

They are lucky they won that game. They played like crap. Too many TOs and missed free throws. If they are going to win the series. They have to play better.
Luck had nothing to do with it. No, it wasn't their best game by far and they did miss too many free throws. But, they played great defense on the Nets' last possession and their last possession to win the game featured every single guy who touched the ball doing exactly what needed to be done with the clock ticking down to 0.0. Proud of them

I loved Shaq and Barkley just now on the TNT halftime show deriding Kyrie Irving for being so thin-skinned about his reactions today to being booed and heckled by Boston fans. It's only a matter of time before Irving claims someone directs a racial slur toward him. I hope that no idiot at the Garden does that because if that actually happens Irving will instantly become a sympathetic figure and he should be anything but that. He' really is a despicable dipshit.

Luck had nothing to do with it. No, it wasn't their best game by far and they did miss too many free throws. But, they played great defense on the Nets' last possession and their last possession to win the game featured every single guy who touched the ball doing exactly what needed to be done with the clock ticking down to 0.0. Proud of them
They can play much better defense than they did in game one. And they turned the ball over 14 times. If they play like they did today going forward. They lose the series. I'm happy they won. But i wasn't impressed.

I loved Shaq and Barkley just now on the TNT halftime show deriding Kyrie Irving for being so thin-skinned about his reactions today to being booed and heckled by Boston fans. It's only a matter of time before Irving claims someone directs a racial slur toward him. I hope that no idiot at the Garden does that because if that actually happens Irving will instantly become a sympathetic figure and he should be anything but that. He' really is a despicable dipshit.
He got 50 racial slurs before he ever took the floor. The issue is he thinks he's the only one. That's always been his issue. Everything's about Kyrie.

They can play much better defense than they did in game one. And they turned the ball over 14 times. If they play like they did today going forward. They lose the series. I'm happy they won. But i wasn't impressed.
They are missing Williams big time. Smart might be the heart and soul of the D, but Williams is an absolute game wrecker on the D side, even though he plays mostly inside he is their best perimeter defender too and an extremely underrated passer on offense to boot. I guarantee Irving doesn't do what he did in the 4th with RW3 on the court. Their defense overall was certainly up and down and needs to be more consistent, but they did an incredible job against Durant, and Irving had to catch fire and the Celts O went ice cold just for the Nets to be in it. Durant wasn't missing a bunch of open shots either(there were a couple), he had to work his ass off just to creep over the 20 point mark. I loved the physicality of the defense though, they will wear the Nets down if they continue that. Don't forget that they had a long layoff too, and it certainly looked like it at the beginning, though that should really only affect the offense.

I think we saw a different game because if they play the Nets the rest of the way like they did the first 3 quarters with a little more consistency I can't see it going more than 6 games even without RW3. I don't think the C's will be taking their foot off the gas again, they learned their lesson while still getting the W. I'm extremely impressed with Udoka too, not calling a timeout at the end there, that's a ballsy move by a rookie coach. There's no panic in him and it rubs off.

Last edited:
Back