Celtics

They're so frustrating to follow. The first game, at home dropped, you're already behind the 8 ball. They're just wildly inconsistent. They have this massive spread from the sublime to the downright terrible.

No thanks. He's one once here and didn't want to stick around for the rebuild. Sine then he's had some good teams with the pieces in place to make a run and can't do it. He's pretty much the basketball equivalent to Dusty Baker at this point.
Not to belittle your point but Dusty won a WS last year.
Love your optimism. If they win it all, I owe you a beer or 20 :party:
I'll be in Maine on the 8th through the 13th of June and I like beer. :beer:

I'll be in Maine on the 8th through the 13th of June and I like beer. :beer:

What part?

I'm next door in NH. My birthday is the 9th. Maine is a possibility for my plans and beer is never far away. 😆

You can't belittle it when I am not 100% certain you got my point. Doc, like Dusty, has coached quite a few contenders with only one ring to show for it.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

No thanks. He's one once here and didn't want to stick around for the rebuild. Sine then he's had some good teams with the pieces in place to make a run and can't do it. He's pretty much the basketball equivalent to Dusty Baker at this point.
I agree. I remember him saying how he considered himself a Celtic for life. Then once he heard rebuild. He couldn't get out of town fast enough. When things get tough. He quits.

I agree. I remember him saying how he considered himself a Celtic for life. Then once he heard rebuild. He couldn't get out of town fast enough. When things get tough. He quits.

This team is a contender with no rebuild in sight.

A better option on the horizon you see?

You can't belittle it when I am not 100% certain you got my point. Doc, like Dusty, has coached quite a few contenders with only one ring to show for it.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Lol.........I get your point but ok.

The first game was "boys" playing against "men".

The Celtics don't have enough maturity to be able to "reach deep" and change anything.

There are no Bird, McHale, Cousy, Heinson, Nelson type of egos or minds.

There are no "KILLERS" on this team.

They don't have the mental attitude to know how to "CRUSH" an opponent ot force an opponent who has a lead to "earn" every point while closing the gap.

Example: Old Celtic teams could dig down and run an opponent into the floor in the final ten minutes of a game, make up ten points and win by ten. None of the old Celtics teams ever dribbled out a clock. They would be up by 20 and score a two or three pointer with 0.02 seconds on a clock. They lived to demoralize their opponents and make them hate to even have to fly to Boston, let alone play a game in the Garden.

It starts at the top.

The first game was "boys" playing against "men".

The Celtics don't have enough maturity to be able to "reach deep" and change anything.

There are no Bird, McHale, Cousy, Heinson, Nelson type of egos or minds.

There are no "KILLERS" on this team.

They don't have the mental attitude to know how to "CRUSH" an opponent ot force an opponent who has a lead to "earn" every point while closing the gap.

Example: Old Celtic teams could dig down and run an opponent into the floor in the final ten minutes of a game, make up ten points and win by ten. None of the old Celtics teams ever dribbled out a clock. They would be up by 20 and score a two or three pointer with 0.02 seconds on a clock. They lived to demoralize their opponents and make them hate to even have to fly to Boston, let alone play a game in the Garden.

It starts at the top.
I can honestly say I have never met a person that is so overly negative about a team with an overall wining record. Apparently they just can't do anything well enough for you.

I can honestly say I have never met a person that is so overly negative about a team with an overall wining record. Apparently they just can't do anything well enough for you.

Spot on.

There's a difference between being a discerning fan and a Philly level Felger.

Seriously, young team built for the long haul with the likes of Tatum who grows every year.

I don't know about anyone else but I love to enjoy life. And a team I love in the conference finals with a chance to win it all for the second year in a row is one of those enjoyments I treasure.

Last edited:
There have been a number of great basketball teams who didn't really need a coach for much. Teams that had one or more players with the combination of leadership, killer instinct, and basketball IQ.

This is a great collection of talent on par with many of those, and potentially a great team, but they do need a coach who can add some value. Push the right buttons, call timeouts, make adjustments, and even (gasp) draw up the occasional called play when the situation dictates. Ime would have been enough to lead this team across the finish line. Certainly Doc or Brad. Mazz might not be enough, though in another year the players might have developed and matured enough that it wouldn't matter.

It's not impossible that a player steps forward and provides the leadership needed to drag them, kicking and screaming, to a championship. But I'm not counting on it.

Another choke in the last 5 minutes. The Celtics are a collection of talent. Miami is a team. They are getting beat by a heat team with undrafted players in the starting line up. The Celtics look like keystone cops out there. It's embarrassing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Orde7FtHh0

Last edited:
Jayson Tatum 4th QTR - last 2 games Made FG - 0 ZERO, ZILCH, NADA Just can’t, shouldn’t, EVER happen

It's probably not a great idea to trash talk the other team's best player in the 4th quarter of a close game. The Last Dance was full of stories of MJ using perceived sleights from someone on the other team to motivate himself to perform. If someone laid a flagrant foul on Larry Bird, it was almost guaranteed that he'd torch the place afterward.

Back