Celtics

The first game was "boys" playing against "men".

The Celtics don't have enough maturity to be able to "reach deep" and change anything.

There are no Bird, McHale, Cousy, Heinson, Nelson, Garnett type of egos or minds.

There are no "KILLERS" on this team.

They don't have the mental attitude to know how to "CRUSH" an opponent ot force an opponent who has a lead to "earn" every point while closing the gap.

Example: Old Celtic teams could dig down and run an opponent into the floor in the final ten minutes of a game, make up ten points and win by ten. None of the old Celtics teams ever dribbled out a clock. They would be up by 20 and score a two or three pointer with 0.02 seconds on a clock. They lived to demoralize their opponents and make them hate to even have to fly to Boston, let alone play a game in the Garden.

It starts at the top.
you missed one

...but this pretty much the conversation Jr and I were having this morning. This team has no heart and a terrible coach...bad combination

you missed one

...but this pretty much the conversation Jr and I were having this morning. This team has no heart and a terrible coach...bad combination
Incredibly frustrating team to watch. So inconsistent that the only thing they are constant at, is being inconsistent.

In the NBA, teams that go up 2-0 have won the series 92% of the time. Not the odds you want to be up against if you're the Celtics.

Thankfully they have played well on the road. I don't expect Joe Mazzulla to have woken up this morning having channeled his inner Norman Dale, so my hope is the players on the court can correct what has arguably been their biggest Achilles heel: turnovers.

LFG!!! :celtics:

Keys to Celtics Victory in Game 3:

1. Minimize turnovers. They need to slow down when bringing the ball in on offense. A lot of the turnovers seem to happen when there's still 20 seconds left on the shot clock.
2. Use more of the pick and roll plays in the paint that have been working. Try to take direct some plays at Butler like they did with Embid to make him work on defense and hopefully pick up some fouls.
3. Take fewer quick 3 point shots when there's a full shot clock and other offensive players aren't near the paint. There are hardly ever offensive rebounds on those.
4. Call more time outs when Miami goes on runs and come out of the time outs with some set plays/changes that will alter the flow of what's been happening.
5. Hope a Miami bench player gets in Jayson Tatum's face and calls him a motherfvcker with 4 minutes to go.

I can honestly say I have never met a person that is so overly negative about a team with an overall wining record. Apparently they just can't do anything well enough for you.
Winning record doesn't mean shit. Ask the fuckin' Bruins.

This team of Celtics have no guts. They are whimps when anyone starts to bully them and Butler and the Heat are threatening to send thiees guys home 0-4 so that guys like @PatriotsLifer can make excuses for them forever.

In my 44 years of coaching everything from Girl's softball to High School football I started every season with the same Rule:

Reasons are acceptable, Excuses are for Losers. I will never accept an excuse for poor play.

After this game. There is no more crying about posters being negative about the Celtics. They deserve all the criticism they get.

No defense. No effort. Just roll the balls out and win because we're that talented Thats what this team thinks

After this game. There is no more crying about posters being negative about the Celtics. They deserve all the criticism they get.
Yup, they deserve everything they get, and I don't know how you make it better. Trade Jaylen Brown, get pennies on the dollar, and make the team worse?

It's coaching. It doesn't have to do with guts, they just are woefully unprepared against a team they should have swept.

Yup, they deserve everything they get, and I don't know how you make it better. Trade Jaylen Brown, get pennies on the dollar, and make the team worse?

It's coaching. It doesn't have to do with guts, they just are woefully unprepared against a team they should have swept.
You can't sign brown to a supermax deal. That would be a huge mistake. He's not worth it. And they need to trade smart too. He has far too much influence over the team. He's a nice role player. But he thinks he's part of a big three. Talent isn't everything. You need players that fill a role. And are happy to do it. Look at the heat. They are a perfect example.

"Roll the balls out" isn't a player problem, IMO.
Mazulla is woefully, woefully unprepared.
Yes, it is. they have had that attitude for years now. Under three different coaches. They lost to LeBron in the ecf. tatums rookie season. And since then. They carry themselves like they won something. They think they have nothing to prove. When they do.

You can't sign brown to a supermax deal. That would be a huge mistake. He's not worth it. And they need to trade smart too. He has far too much influence over the team. He's a nice role player. But he thinks he's part of a big three. Talent isn't everything. You need players that fill a role. And are happy to do it. Look at the heat. They are a perfect example.
At least you can count on Brown for consistent numbers. I'm not saying keep him over Tatum, but man, watching him forget how to shoot early on in every series is frustrating af. You don't win the Atlanta series without Jaylen Brown, I firmly believe that.

Also the Lebron ECF was 4 years ago, when Tatum and Brown were 21 and 22. They had no business being there, and the only reason they were was because of Stevens.

Maybe you try to get something for Smart, but he shouldn't be a starter anymore. Mazula's just way in over his head. The only coach that didn't coach circles around him was Doc Rivers. He started Robert Williams in GAME 6! That should have been Game 1, and a no-brainer, and everyone knew it.

At least you can count on Brown for consistent numbers. I'm not saying keep him over Tatum, but man, watching him forget how to shoot early on in every series is frustrating af. You don't win the Atlanta series without Jaylen Brown, I firmly believe that.

Also the Lebron ECF was 4 years ago, when Tatum and Brown were 21 and 22. They had no business being there, and the only reason they were was because of Stevens.

Maybe you try to get something for Smart, but he shouldn't be a starter anymore. Mazula's just way in over his head. The only coach that didn't coach circles around him was Doc Rivers. He started Robert Williams in GAME 6! That should have been Game 1, and a no-brainer, and everyone knew it.
I agree. They need a new coach. But that's not going to fix everything. You can also count on brown. To miss free throws in clutch situations. And turn the ball over and over again. He still can't dribble the ball. And he constantly makes poor decisions. Tatum makes a lot of the same mistakes. And the excuse. That they are too young. That argument is dead. Both have been in the league long enough. They don't compliment each other. And play the same way. Tatum's rookie year was 6 years ago in 2017. According to the link below.

Last edited:
Back