CFL Thread

Racerkris

CFL/NFL=Awesome
Reaction score
Website
www.riderfans.com
I don't want this turning into a CFL hate thread, because I love both leagues but just interested if anyone else on this site follows it? If so what team do you cheer for? Also if anyone who doesn't know a lot about the CFL I would be more then happy to answer any questions you have!

Kris

I would follow it but it's not easy to figure out when the games are being aired down here. If you keep this thread updated with stuff like, "Hey, there's a game at 2:00PM Eastern time on ESPN2", maybe we'll watch it. :)

All I know about the CFL is:

1.) The field's 110 yards.
2.) There are only 3 downs.
3.) Six teams are named the Rough Riders.

:shrug:

Does Mike bishop play in that league?

Linky

Once again Kerry Joseph will start at quarterback for the Toronto Argonauts and once again he can expect to be looking over his shoulder to see if backup Michael Bishop is trotting in.

Stubler got both quarterbacks into last week's 23-16 road win over Winnipeg, with Joseph getting the start. Despite the win, though, neither player was overly impressive.

Joseph was 9-of-17 passing for 73 yards while Bishop finished 6-of-14 for 111 yards and a TD strike. Joseph, who ran for more than 700 yards last season in capturing the CFL's outstanding player award with Saskatchewan, rushed for three yards on two carries while Bishop had 27 yards on two carries.

Or robert edwards?

Linky

Edwards was apparantly released by Toronto this past offseason and i cant find any evidence he is with another team.

In other news, CFL wide recievers suck:

Former National Football League receivers Bethel Johnson and David Boston join incumbents Arland Bruce, Andre Talbot and Obed Cetoute, while Jamal Robertson and Dominique Dorsey replace the departed Robert Edwards and oft-injured John Avery in the backfield.

I don't pay much attention to the CFL. I do know that when Ricky Williams went there that I thought he would tear it up. He didn't.

I don't pay much attention to the CFL. I do know that when Ricky Williams went there that I thought he would tear it up. He didn't.

That's because they hardly ever run the football. You only get 3 downs, so every play is important. It's a pass happy league, on a bigger field, and in crappy weather. It is what it is.

Does Mike bishop play in that league? Or robert edwards?

Well to answer your Mike Bishop question yes he still plays in the league, but is a backup to Kerry Joseph. Kerry happens to be my teams quarterback from last year, where he was league MVP and we won the Grey Cup(he was then traded to Toronto). My RoughRiders(4-0) play Toronto(2-2) this afternoon.

This year has already been dubbed "Year of the Catch" for sensational catches being made every week. I suggest any football fans to watch some videos and learn more about the league. http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=cfltv

Kris

That's because they hardly ever run the football. You only get 3 downs, so every play is important. It's a pass happy league, on a bigger field, and in crappy weather. It is what it is.

Why take up for Ricky? lol If somebody like L. Tomlinson, F. Gore, S. Jackson went there, don't you think they would dominate regardless?

Glad to report that the Riders won tonight 28-22. But so far this season we have lost two of our starting receivers(both probably done for year), starting QB pulled his hammy in the second week, 2nd string (Darian Durant, some of you might remember him from UNC) cracked three ribs tonight, top CB probably with a concussion tonight, and various others. 5-0 still!

Annihilus would probably watch it if he knew when the games were on :shrug:

But no...haven't spent a lot of time catching up with the CFL.

Why take up for Ricky? lol If somebody like L. Tomlinson, F. Gore, S. Jackson went there, don't you think they would dominate regardless?

Point taken. At least Tomlinson can catch and be a pseudo WR though. I grant you he would be dangerous in the CFL. However, they don't run the football very often in that league. It's a pass happy league that allows WR to run up to the LOS at the snap, and only get 3 downs to make 10 yards. :shrug:

Besides, if guys like Gore and Jackson end up there, you know there's a problem, right? :)

Back