Chandler Jones traded to Cardinals

Rams actually had a pretty good D for the last few years. I mean at least go look it up. They have not been good on O for a long time which makes their D even better.

Absolutely. Aaron Donald is approaching greatness already and is a first team All Pro in only his second season....he pushes JJ Watt hard as the best D Lineman in the NFL.

I can't explain why Cooper hasn't really done anything in Arizona or how much injuries might have to do with it, but these clips show a guy who is extremely athletic and quick. He sets up quick, he gets into position quick and he gets to the second level about as fast as anybody you will see.

He's got outstanding body control and is excellent at cutting guys when on the move. He slides and mirrors easily in pass pro and seems to have good awareness of when to switch off and it is clear that UNC liked to design plays to use Cooper's ability to pull and move.

On the down side, I'd venture to say that he doesn't really explode into and crush guys and isn't the best finisher. He's seems content to neutralize a guy rather than root him out and dominate. Not nasty, more of a "fudgehammer". He's a bit casual and sometimes plays like he's just cruising on superior ability. His size is probably a bit below average. He can get grabby at times when a guy is sliding off his block.
Maybe he expected to dominate in the pros and doesn't have the fire in his belly to get better and stronger, but I find it hard to understand why he can't be a superior pro with those all-around movement skills.

It's probably because of John Hannah, but I get fascinated with athletic OLs like Cooper and I sincerely hope that Dante can shape him into the kind of player that so many pro scouts saw prior to the draft.

Was curious what you thought. I have a slightly different take. I thought the part that was missing was the "dancing bear" skillset. When he is in contact with an opposing player it's as if his feet are cemented to the field. There was one instant where the DL had him bent over and he fought him off., so that probably would be a negative play in the pros. Was wondering why he didn't adjust his feet instead of getting bent over. There were similar instances. I like his movement - his power- it's the ability to work in a phone booth that needs help to get to the optimum level.

There is another youtube video where he is literally filing out a diary where talks about improving his game. So makes one think he is not the starter at Arizona.

You do realise he was playing for the Rams?
He played well with the limited help he had.
...and for the limited snaps he had. Due to injuries, the last two years he totaled about enough snaps for about 10 games. Total.

I don't know what his stats are for the last two years that people are finding fault with, but I'll be if you looked at them as a guy playing injured for 10 games rather than a healthy guy playing 32, they won't look so bad.

If he is still hurt, then we can expect what the Rams received from him the last two years. If he is healthy some of us will expect him to be better than the last few years and others will...not.

Like with Cooper, it's hard to judge a guy who played injured. Some like Rodney Harrison come back strong and others like Cam Cleland never get it together again.

I'm more of a hopeful and optimistic guy myself, but we have a few Eyores here, also. I had hopes for Robert Edwards even when he tried again with the Dolphins, but the Eyores were right that time :coffee:

We see how well he does in Mini camp & TC. He going to need to beat out Grissom or flowers for playing time . Shreed & Nink are the starters . The one thing he was great at in his career was setting the edge. Before he had to deal with injuries the last 2 years .

We see how well he does in Mini camp & TC. He going to need to beat out Grissom or flowers for playing time . Shreed & Nink are the starters . The one thing he was great at in his career was setting the edge. Before he had to deal with injuries the last 2 years .

I believe BB has a ton of respect for Chris Long. Enough that Grissom and Flowers will have to beat him out for playing time, not the other way.

Sheard, Sheard....not Shreed.

Shreed is the non-continuous past participle of Sheard.

Normal vocabulary. The QB was sacked by Sheard.

Using pp.. The QB was Shreed.

Hopefully there are no English majors around.

Shreed is the non-continuous past participle of Sheard. Normal vocabulary. The QB was sacked by Sheard. Using pp.. The QB was Shreed. Hopefully there are no English majors around.
I type & speak broken English.

For those still critical about this trade, Reiss talks about here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...icks-taking-steps-forward-in-football-careers[/QUOTE]

excerpt:
"...the Patriots used the salary flexibility to open up space for tight end Martellus Bennett, effectively redistributing assets on the roster, and still have Jabaal Sheard at defensive end to fill the void along with Rob Ninkovich, Chris Long, Trey Flowers, Geneo Grissom and Rufus Johnson. "

Not considering what is done with the freed-up cap space is something Ty Law ignored in his comments about how BB could have won more superbowls had he kept his veteran players.

I remember a few guys that BB picked up who pretty much no one thought would amount to much. Ninkovich is a big one. Mike Vrabel is another. I can't help but feel ok about the additions of DE Chris Long, WR Chris Hogan, OG Jonathan Cooper and LB Shea McClellin. I have a feeling that by mid season no one will be questioning the change.

The Cards have listed Jones as an outside LB not a DE which is big as the tag for a LB is less than a tag for a DE. Probably not the best way to start things off with Jones ...

The Cards have listed Jones as an outside LB not a DE which is big as the tag for a LB is less than a tag for a DE. Probably not the best way to start things off with Jones ...

Not an issue imo. It's about where he plays the majority of his snaps, not what his listed position is.

I remember a few guys that BB picked up who pretty much no one thought would amount to much. Ninkovich is a big one. Mike Vrabel is another. I can't help but feel ok about the additions of DE Chris Long, WR Chris Hogan, OG Jonathan Cooper and LB Shea McClellin. I have a feeling that by mid season no one will be questioning the change.
I agree but then think is Shea/Long the new monty Beisel/Brown

Back