Chargers GM A.J. Smith Doesnt Like Patriot Additions To AFC West

-Scar-

Decimate this account, please. Thanks.
Reaction score
smith__1244962652_1916.jpg

San Diego Chargers general manager A.J. Smith has regularly articulated his admiration for the Patriots and their consistent winning ways, which is why he viewed two major offseason moves with particular interest. When former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli was named general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, and former New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels became head coach of the Denver Broncos, Smith knew what it meant. The AFC West, owned by the Chargers in recent years, suddenly had a Patriotlike flair to it. "I consider it a direct threat to us," Smith said, "and I don't like it."

Source: Mike Reiss, Boston Globe

<table id="commentInviteBox" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="2" style="width: auto;">

</td><td class="commentInvite">
</td></tr><tr><td>http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...6/14/additions_toughen_division/?comments=all
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I Actually Shared These Sentiments As Far As The AFC West Being Tougher Now...But The Game Is Not Played On Paper So We'll See I Guess...:shrug:

:cool:

This is actually an interesting tidbit which I'm glad you shared Scar. Two things though:

Lose the caps on the first letter of each word- it's pointless and makes reading your posts extremely difficult and annoying.

Secondly, lose the rep sig - it's screwing up my attempts to scroll through a thread - also extremely annoying.

^ :thumb: I'll Do One Of The Two For Ya Since You Havent Been A Complete Asshole To Me....Sig Changed And Shortened....I'll Consider Doing The Other....

San Diego General Manager AJ Smith should hire a new Head Coach before he starts whining about the rest of the division.

If you don't improve your own team, you're in no position to comment on others.

What's the matter AJ, don't like actual competition within your own division ? Too bad, guess you're sh*t outta luck then. At least you'll still have the Raiders to kick around, and it might take a year or two for Pioli and McDaniels to whip their respective teams into shape.

What's the matter AJ, don't like actual competition within your own division ? Too bad, guess you're sh*t outta luck then. At least you'll still have the Raiders to kick around, and it might take a year or two for Pioli and McDaniels to whip their respective teams into shape.

Nope he likes being the best team in the AFC west. I do think it will be a while for the chiefs to get better. The donkeys should play better than they did last year.

I Actually Shared These Sentiments As Far As The AFC West Being Tougher Now...But The Game Is Not Played On Paper So We'll See I Guess...:shrug:

:cool:

First-Year English FAQs

WHEN SHOULD I CAPITALIZE?
by Kathy McLain, M.A.
By reviewing the following list you may be able to solve your capitalization questions. If you should need more information about any of these subjects, you can click on a specific rule to get more information or examples. (link above)

Capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence.

Capitalize the pronoun "I" and the interjection "O."

Preserve the original capitalization and line breaks as the poet presents them.

Capitalize proper nouns, proper adjectives, and words used as essential parts of proper nouns.

Capitalize the Roman numerals and the letters of the first major topics in an outline.

Capitalize the first word of dialogue in a dialogue quotation.

Capitalize the first word of borrowed material from a direct quotation only if the direct quotation begins with a capital letter and there is an interrupted quotation transition.

Capitalize brand names, but not products.

Capitalize titles when they precede proper names, but not when they follow proper names or are used alone.

It seems to me that he is just trying to show "respect". There is no way in hell that SD is scared of Denver or Kansas City this year, or even next. Denver already had to trade it's Pro Bowl QB because of McDaniels. Then there is all the drama with Marshall. If somehow they have to go to Orton without Marshall, that team is considerably weaker. Plus, McDaniels not only has started out steeped in drama there.....he also has never won anything as a head coach. They would have been a better team this year standing with what they had last year. Marshall would have most likely been a pain in the ass anyway, but who knows if the Cutler thing didn't help him make up his mind to act up? How much will the D improve also? They may be better in the future for it, but right now, SD should roll through them.

KC is in just as bad of shape or worse. Probably worse with Vrabel possibly not giving a crap. Two old-timer LB starters in a new D. Vrabel would have looked better as a leader had he shown for every thing and said "let's do it". Instead, the KC fans get the collective bargaining story. I don't care if he has always done that. Zach Thomas was there from day one. There is even a tid bit this morning in the rumors section on SI about Vrabel possibly not really watning to be there. Really? lmao Lj is LJ. No Gonzalez, Bowe drops balls, who are the other receivers? What will cassell do? Lots of problems. They will be better than a 2 win team, but two wins for the Chargers should be almost a lock for now, even with Arrowhead. Pioli might have a huge impact in the future. Haley might be able to turn the team attitde around. They still are way behind the Chargers for now, and quite awhile IMO.

It might turn out to be an impact thing in a few years, but McD and Haley might also be working coordinator jobs with Pioli's head on the chopping block of the KC fans. Who knows, but he is just talking right now. Still an easy division for at least a couple years.

pERSONALLY, wHO cARES wHAT tHAT dOUCHE-nUGGET hAS tO sAY!!!

pERSONALLY, wHO cARES wHAT tHAT dOUCHE-nUGGET hAS tO sAY!!!

That's an awesome posting 'style'. We should all adopt it.

oH wAIT.....

tHAT'S aN aWESOME pOSTING 'sTYLE'. wE sHOULD aLL aDOPT iT.

i cAN nOT dO iT. i aM a fRIGGIN tEACHER....lOL.

Good post Scar. I did see this already but worthy of being shared in here as well.

It seems to me that he is just trying to show "respect". There is no way in hell that SD is scared of Denver or Kansas City this year, or even next. Denver already had to trade it's Pro Bowl QB because of McDaniels. Then there is all the drama with Marshall. If somehow they have to go to Orton without Marshall, that team is considerably weaker. Plus, McDaniels not only has started out steeped in drama there.....he also has never won anything as a head coach. They would have been a better team this year standing with what they had last year. Marshall would have most likely been a pain in the ass anyway, but who knows if the Cutler thing didn't help him make up his mind to act up? How much will the D improve also? They may be better in the future for it, but right now, SD should roll through them.

KC is in just as bad of shape or worse. Probably worse with Vrabel possibly not giving a crap. Two old-timer LB starters in a new D. Vrabel would have looked better as a leader had he shown for every thing and said "let's do it". Instead, the KC fans get the collective bargaining story. I don't care if he has always done that. Zach Thomas was there from day one. There is even a tid bit this morning in the rumors section on SI about Vrabel possibly not really watning to be there. Really? lmao Lj is LJ. No Gonzalez, Bowe drops balls, who are the other receivers? What will cassell do? Lots of problems. They will be better than a 2 win team, but two wins for the Chargers should be almost a lock for now, even with Arrowhead. Pioli might have a huge impact in the future. Haley might be able to turn the team attitde around. They still are way behind the Chargers for now, and quite awhile IMO.

It might turn out to be an impact thing in a few years, but McD and Haley might also be working coordinator jobs with Pioli's head on the chopping block of the KC fans. Who knows, but he is just talking right now. Still an easy division for at least a couple years.

Why would he try and show respect to the patriots?

Back