Cliff Lee back to Philly?

Apparently, he's accepted a deal of 5 years, $100 million, rejecting a 7 year, $154 million offer from the Yankees.

It would be in the best interest of the NYPD to put extra detail on the asshole Yankees fan that harassed Lee's wife. Both to make sure that he isn't killed by someone or simply decides to kill himself.

Wow, if they can all stay healthy that rotation is gonna be sick. I love how he turned down more money from the Yanks though! ROFL

Spurning the MFY and leaving 50+ mil on the table? Cliff Lee just became a god in Philly.

The Marlins fan in me just did a facepalm though lol. NL East is beyond effed.

Cliff Lee is like Luke Skywalker...straight up giving the middle finger to the evil empire!

I love it. Not only did he screw the Yanks, but all the Mets fans are pissed at him now too because the Phillies are gonna own the NL East. He pretty much just told all of NY to GFY.

I. LOVE. IT. :toast:

Who's going to beat that rotation in a playoff series? Most teams have 1 "ace" of their staff. The Phillies have almost a full rotation of them. Basically, unless your top pitcher can pitch every night, you lose the series. They would probably beat most All-Star teams in a 7 game series. Ridiculous.

Aw. sum. A big F-YOU to the Yankme's..

Lost in all this is the snub to the Rangers though too.

But I can see his thought process. That Phillies rotation will be nasty.

Spit on that Yanks!

God it's gotta be miserable in Gotham right 'bout now!!!!!

Sox/Phils 2011 WS.

Georgie Porgie is doing backfills in his grave, Cashman will be visited by three ghost tonight
the ghost of Yankees past

babe-ruth-and-lou-gehrig.jpg

ghost of Yankees present

a-rod-massge1.jpg

Ghost of Yankee future

New-York-Yankees-Dog-Costume-84.jpg

It was good new to wake up to :D

I'm glad the Phillies are in the NL. Ouch

This is EXTRA good news for the Sox.

Had Lee re-upped in Texas, they also had interest in signing Adrian Beltre. The retention of Beltre, and adding a bat anything close to what Beltre had to offer in 2010 would have made them easy AL West favorites.

Having Lee in the NL and out of the hands of the NYY is 'YUGE!!!

I am fine with him pitching out of the BP.

But if Blanton is pitching out of the Bullpen, then the Yankees have found better starters in the fourth and fifth positions in their rotation (assuming Pettite doesn't come back.) I really like Blanton, but boy can he blow up in a hurry usually in the fifth or sixth.

I'm having a hard time dealing with the Phillies further embracing the concept of outspending their competition, but the way they have stripped out their prospects, I suppose it's the only way to delay the inevitable downswing.

Who's going to beat that rotation in a playoff series? Most teams have 1 "ace" of their staff. The Phillies have almost a full rotation of them. Basically, unless your top pitcher can pitch every night, you lose the series. They would probably beat most All-Star teams in a 7 game series. Ridiculous.

They've essentially ignored their weaknesses and poured more icing on the cake of their sweet spots. But yeah, for the reasons you mentioned, they have a great rotation. This year's Phillies may have a chance to match the four 20-game winners that the Orioles had in 1971 (not that I'm a fan of using W-L as a way to gauge pitchers).

They've essentially ignored their weaknesses and poured more icing on the cake of their sweet spots. But yeah, for the reasons you mentioned, they have a great rotation. This year's Phillies may have a chance to match the four 20-game winners that the Orioles had in 1971 (not that I'm a fan of using W-L as a way to gauge pitchers).

They're gambling that Brown will be a replacement for Werth, although I think they're looking pretty hard for a right handed batting outfielder. They're also counting on a healthier year for Rollins, Utley and Howard. I hope they're ineptitude against the Giants was at least in some part down to health. Yeesh, that was hard to watch.

Wow. Four 20-game winners. I don't think it'll happen, but, boy is that somethign to think about.

Back