Colts Made the Accusation of Deflated Balls

Irsay must have had a few too many....

I hope that Pagano didn't know that they filed the claim after his "I know nothing" routine at this press conference today. Although he never came right out and said, "I did not make the complaint" he did say that he didn't notice anything about the balls and made it seem like neither he nor the Colts were involved in the complaint.

I hope that Pagano didn't know that they filed the claim after his "I know nothing" routine at this press conference today. Although he never came right out and said, "I did not make the complaint" he did say that he didn't notice anything about the balls and made it seem like neither he nor the Colts were involved in the complaint.

He also used the words "the scandal", so eff him.

Colts couldn't stop the run or pick up 3rd downs. That had nothing to do with One ball that was removed.

Reading another forum and it's confirmed that Irsay made the complaint.

The Colts brought the ball to the attention of league officials who then notified the on-field officials. To be fair, this is not really unusual (according to Blandino yesterday). The Colts are not putting any blame on the ball for their loss. An Indy reporter was just on with Mike & Mike and he states that every player he spoke to thinks its a non-issue and has nothing to do with the blowout.

The Colts brought the ball to the attention of league officials who then notified the on-field officials. To be fair, this is not really unusual (according to Blandino yesterday). The Colts are not putting any blame on the ball for their loss. An Indy reporter was just on with Mike & Mike and he states that every player he spoke to thinks its a non-issue and has nothing to do with the blowout.

I agree totally that this is much ado about nothing, but it pisses me off that (A) such a big deal is being made out of "potentially" nothing, (B) the league is saying that they'll conduct a complete and thorough investigation which may not be completed until after the Super Bowl (WTF!), (C) Patriots players and staff are going to be answering stupid question from even stupider reporters for the next two weeks, and (C) all the Patriot Jihadists out there with their "CHEATING CHEATERS CHEAT" battle-cry again. :sulk:

Question: Blandino during an NFL Network interview stated that removing balls from play is fairly common. That there are numerous reasons why balls may not feel right throughout a game, and that officials will remove them when they find them. He seemed to suggest that this happened on a weekly basis. The inference is that this is status quo, and I got the impression that there is almost NEVER an actual investigation into the matter. So what is it about this situation that warrants a long, thorough public investigation of the Pats-Colts game?

Aside from it being the Pats of course :coffee:

It just reminds me of Spygate. An occurrence that is most definitely not isolated to the Pats, but one for which the team will be vilified forever.

Question: Blandino during an NFL Network interview stated that removing balls from play is fairly common. That there are numerous reasons why balls may not feel right throughout a game, and that officials will remove them when they find them. He seemed to suggest that this happened on a weekly basis. The inference is that this is status quo, and I got the impression that there is almost NEVER an actual investigation into the matter. So what is it about this situation that warrants a long, thorough public investigation of the Pats-Colts game?

Aside from it being the Pats of course :coffee:

It just reminds me of Spygate. An occurrence that is most definitely not isolated to the Pats, but one for which the team will be vilified forever.

It's the media driving this. If Kravitz had not "broken" the story, we would have heard nothing about it. But the mediots will not let a good scandal pass them by.

This is from the admin of another site who is well connected in the media world:

1) Guy who broke story is known crony of Irsay.

2) Pagano said they did not notice anything about the ball.

3) Jackson says he didn't notice anything about ball.

4) Ball was handled by Colts equipment staff who said he told Pagano.

5) League notified, but Colts said to be embarrassed it became this big a deal.

I really don't find this edition of the Colts to be dislikeable. Unlike St Tony, Pagano makes his players accountable is is not the keeper of the "Integrity of the Game". The previous Holy Trinity of the Colts was completely unlikable. I don't get this from Pagano, Luck and whoever their GM is ( :shrug: ).

Irsay is nothing more than a frat boy who hit the sperm lottery. Few have ever taken him seriously.

This smells of a set up. How many people touch games balls during the game? How hard would it be to slip a needle in for a quick second while toweling a ball down?

The Colts made the accusation after D'Qwell Jackson's interception of Brady. Jackson held onto the ball, brought it his sideline, gave it to his equipment manager and said the ball felt under-inflated.

So I guess it wasn't just the official or the ball handler on our side. It was a COLTS PLAYER that was pissed off about being blown out, brought the ball over to HIS ball guy, and then brought the theory that the ball felt wrong to Pagano, who told Grigson, who called the league.

Too many hands. There is no way they can prove this. The NFL needs to squash it summarily in a firm manner, and not with "there is no way to prove because" type of words because that just leaves doubt.

My biggest worry about this is the Cowboy Commissioner who makes things up as he goes. He is way too easily swayed by public outcry (see Bounty-Gate, See Ray-Rice-Gate, See Spy-gate). He appears only mildly interested in actual truth but is a zealot for showing his "power" to both the players and the public. I can envision this nut-job commish doing ALMOST anything. There is no ryhme nor reason for is actions!

sounds like belicheck is cheating again

o-rly011.gif

Back