Comments on the times: I can't believe I just paid $______ for ________

I like plain, brown coffee and Starbucks plain, brown coffee is better (and on par, price-wise) with Dunks.

Groceries are insane. Two teenage boys, two trips per week, around $300 per trip. The olive oil we use has doubled in price in the past year and you'd think hens were going extinct with the price of eggs.

There’s a huge olive oil problem due to the droughts in Italy, Spain and Greece. Pizza makers for one are hugely feeling the pinch. I fear coffee beans will go the same way because of weather linked supply issues.

There’s a huge olive oil problem due to the droughts in Italy, Spain and Greece. Pizza makers for one are hugely feeling the pinch. I fear coffee beans will go the same way because of weather linked supply issues.

There's a problem with pretty much every food on the planet, and the problems are all severe enough that we're told they will impact price. Quite a coincidence, really.

What's funny is that I was in Greece and Italy earlier this year and brought back a bunch of dirt cheap olive oil for family. Wish I'd hoarded it all!

I just did a quick web search on winter gloves and found them for as low as $6.00.

You didn't have to spend $100, you chose to spend $100.
If he wants to keep his hands warm in winter he certainly does have to spend more than $6, a lot more.

I can't believe I'm still paying over $4 for a gallon of gas, will we ever see sub $3 gas again?

i used to pay about $25 for 50 lbs of black oil sunflower seed to feed the critters. i buy from a small local store rather than a "stuffs r us" type place because i try to give local small businesses as much business as i can. they've gradually raised their price to $ 49. that's too much. there's a small amish run feed store that charges $27 and yes it's 25 minutes away instead of 10 but there are other things i can buy out there and it's still a small business.i would have kept buying it in town if they were $5 ish more but almost double is a no-go. i am contemplating stopping in and telling them. i've been going there for years.
What kind of critters?

Hear what you are saying. I have been checking out the bulk bins at my grocery store for cheaper alternatives.

It’s good lube

Not for ladies. It's food for yeast.

GIF by Nat Geo Wild

What kind of critters?

Hear what you are saying. I have been checking out the bulk bins at my grocery store for cheaper alternatives.
birds but you'll always have the squirrels/chipmunks/raccoons. i decided to stop fighting them. 😄 besides,my 2 cats have fun watching the chipmunks. 😁

I like plain, brown coffee and Starbucks plain, brown coffee is better than (and on par, price-wise) Dunks.

Groceries are insane. Two teenage boys, two trips per week, around $300 per trip. The olive oil we use has doubled in price in the past year and you'd think hens were going extinct with the price of eggs.
The Starbucks I have been to here in the Houston area must be doing it wrong. Their regular coffee is rancid. McD's and NK make far better coffee (BK uses Douwe Egbert concentrate. Douwe Egbert makes a great blend).

The Starbucks I have been to here in the Houston area must be doing it wrong. Their regular coffee is rancid. McD's and NK make far better coffee (BK uses Douwe Egbert concentrate. Douwe Egbert makes a great blend).

Starbucks is consistently listed at the bottom of the big coffee choices. I don't drink the stuff, so I have no take on that beyond using the info to tease the hell out of a particular family member who loves it.

Starbucks is consistently listed at the bottom of the big coffee choices. I don't drink the stuff, so If have no take on that beyond using the info to tease the hell out of a particular family member who loves it.
It think they do alright espresso/latte wise. But their regular brewed coffee, what should be the most basic offering for a coffee shop, is dishwater laced with sewer run-off.

I can't believe I spent $200 for a pinback. I buy a lot of them but this was the most I ever paid. But then again, I'm pretty cheap.

I spend about 25 cents a day on coffee. Setup the coffee maker the night before, full pot waiting for me when I get up. I can’t recall the last time I bought an overpriced cup of coffee. I save that money for the brewery.

birds but you'll always have the squirrels/chipmunks/raccoons. i decided to stop fighting them. 😄 besides,my 2 cats have fun watching the chipmunks. 😁
We were growing lettuce in window box near the back door until we saw a chipmunk dragging his belly across it all.

I have a friend who has 11 acres with his house here in Vermont and it's like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. He has deer, bear, turkeys, bobcat and moose sightings at his house. He said once he saw the bobcat, the chipmunk and squirrel population thinned out some.

I have a friend who has 11 acres with his house here in Vermont and it's like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. He has deer, bear, turkeys, bobcat and moose sightings at his house. He said once he saw the bobcat, the chipmunk and squirrel population thinned out some.
i may be alone, but i HATE deer. i spend all of bow and gun season rooting for hunters like i root for my team. 😄

Back