Comments on the times: I can't believe I just paid $______ for ________

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
And no bragging!

I can't believe I just paid $100 for a pair of gloves. :crying:

I just did a quick web search on winter gloves and found them for as low as $6.00.

You didn't have to spend $100, you chose to spend $100.

You assume you know his needs and preferences.

almost $20 to eat the same thing at panera that used to be appx $13.

I haven't eaten at Panera in at least 2 years. Even my daughter who loves Panera won't eat there any more.

Although I can't believe I just paid $5 for a medium sized cold brew at Starbucks for her this morning. I simply don't understand the draw of Starbucks.

Yeah, those grocery prices have escalated far more than the rate of inflation in the last 2 years.

I haven't eaten at Panera in at least 2 years. Even my daughter who loves Panera won't eat there any more.

Although I can't believe I just paid $5 for a medium sized cold brew at Starbucks for her this morning. I simply don't understand the draw of Starbucks.

Yeah, those grocery prices have escalated far more than the rate of inflation in the last 2 years.
much as i like it,i probably wouldn't eat there that much (only maybe 2x/mo now) if i couldn't buy gift cards that gave me credit card points,then use the credit card points to redeem for a $200 gift card that cost me $190 in points.

You get caffeinated up to your tits. I like Starbucks even if they are a ripoff.

Starbucks makes some outstanding espresso based drinks. Dunkin’s is absolute garbage. I don’t visit Starbucks much, but I almost always have a great drink from there.

Starbucks makes some outstanding espresso based drinks. Dunkin’s is absolute garbage. I don’t visit Starbucks much, but I almost always have a great drink from there.
Dunkin isn’t awful, IMO, but I prefer Starbucks. I spoke with someone high up in their branding and marketing department at a symposium one time. He said their specialty is “putting themselves in your way.” I’ll usually go every Friday morning as a “we made it to the weekend” type of deal for my wife and I. It’s a nice, little treat.

You ain't kiddin'! I now have 6 teenagers in the house, plus a 20 year old and the 5 younger kids. Feeding them is no joke these days.

I'm betting $500+/week unless you go real heavy on pasta and PBJ sandwiches.

McDonalds/McCafe makes the best coffee imho of the big chains. Aside from that, if you can find an Illy cafe, go there. I use Illy beans in my machine and they are fantastic.

I like plain, brown coffee and Starbucks plain, brown coffee is better than (and on par, price-wise) Dunks.

Groceries are insane. Two teenage boys, two trips per week, around $300 per trip. The olive oil we use has doubled in price in the past year and you'd think hens were going extinct with the price of eggs.

Last edited:
i used to pay about $25 for 50 lbs of black oil sunflower seed to feed the critters. i buy from a small local store rather than a "stuffs r us" type place because i try to give local small businesses as much business as i can. they've gradually raised their price to $ 49. that's too much. there's a small amish run feed store that charges $27 and yes it's 25 minutes away instead of 10 but there are other things i can buy out there and it's still a small business.i would have kept buying it in town if they were $5 ish more but almost double is a no-go. i am contemplating stopping in and telling them. i've been going there for years.

Dunkin isn’t awful, IMO, but I prefer Starbucks. I spoke with someone high up in their branding and marketing department at a symposium one time. He said their specialty is “putting themselves in your way.” I’ll usually go every Friday morning as a “we made it to the weekend” type of deal for my wife and I. It’s a nice, little treat.
I have about 6 DD’s within a 5-10 minute drive. Only one of them actually serves a solid cup of coffee, and it’s the one that’s 10 minutes away. The three that are 2-3 minutes away all serve swill. Kind of annoying.

Back