Confirmed. Broncos v Pats. are we ready?

???

What does this have to do with what I posted?

Because the typical response is, its only a team game when Manning does something bad, when he does something good, the team is no longer in the picture. Or in other words, media....I am answering your question, yes, the media tries to build hype, they do that in this case with two hall of fame QB's meeting for maybe the final time in the playoffs....

As for being a great thrower of the ball, I think Sonny Jurgensen, Warren Moon, Aaron Rodgers, and Dan Marino are the best I have ever seen.
When Moon was hot, he was about as good as it gets. I'm also a big Aaron Rodgers fan, and he probably has the best arm of anyone playing right now. The other thing I like about Rodgers is that getting hit, doesn't seem to effect his game as much as most other QBs. His downside is that he gets hurt more often than Brady or Manning.

Because the typical response is, its only a team game when Manning does something bad, when he does something good, the team is no longer in the picture. Or in other words, media....I am answering your question, yes, the media tries to build hype, they do that in this case with two hall of fame QB's meeting for maybe the final time in the playoffs....

Mmkay.

When Moon was hot, he was about as good as it gets. I'm also a big Aaron Rodgers fan, and he probably has the best arm of anyone playing right now. The other thing I like about Rodgers is that getting hit, doesn't seem to effect his game as much as most other QBs. His downside is that he gets hurt more often than Brady or Manning.

that and he seems to get a bit rattled in close late games for the most part, not sure why. His close game record is a bit staggering Chev has the numbers for this.

Seems like WR Dobson is back in practice today
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

That is the best news I heard this week. Maybe he was being held out because they thought they would need him more this week than last because we were going to feature more running game....just a thought.

That is the best news I heard this week. Maybe he was being held out because they thought they would need him more this week than last because we were going to feature more running game....just a thought.

It is good news, not that ether one is very consistent, but at least the Donks will need to have someone cover the outside threat (occasionally).

Why do you need me so bad to give credit to Peyton? I could care less if he gets any credit. Its not up to me to build his legacy, its up to him. Did you think to give any credit to Thomas on the play? :coffee:

That play was all about the breakdown of the SD coverage, not Manning's cool headedness under fire, but I'll give him credit for looking downfield on the play. :yay2:

Posted via Mobile Device

Dobson has been on the field for a about a wk so this may not mean he actually practiced. I hope so. We need that outside threat.

What time does the injury list come out?

That play was all about the breakdown of the SD coverage, not Manning's cool headedness under fire, but I'll give him credit for looking downfield on the play. :yay2:

Was a nice catch too, oh whoops, Jaric will be upset now, I gave one of Peyton team mates credit.

Dobson has been on the field for a about a wk so this may not mean he actually practiced. I hope so. We need that outside threat.

What time does the injury list come out?

Yeah what I said was more wishful thinking, then actually thinking that. :cool:

Man, is that a lot of conjecture. Not sure what you're basing that on.

He's spoken very highly of Brady when asked, and sincerely. They're friends off the field.

Yeah, they're "friends" off the field... like you and me are friends on Patriot's Planet.

I base it on observation, not conjecture.

The post game handshake in November, after Manning was upended again at the hands of Brady's Patriots was very telling. When you have just been bested by a "friend", who you probably haven't seen in a while, in a hard-fought game, I would expect the meeting to last more than 2 seconds, three tops! Maybe I'm odd, but if it were me in Manning's cleats, I'm quite certain that I would linger long enough to give TB his due. "Hey, great comeback, Tom....you got me again." and then a shared laugh or two and ending with a sincere "Good job....hope to see you again, in January"...or something to that effect. Just some indication, however small, that this "We are friends off the field" nonsense is nothing but PR on both their part, in all honesty.

Then there was the shot of Peyton in the luxury box during the 2007 Super Bowl, as the Giants were marching down the field for the winning score. There we saw Peyton, lurking as far back in the box as he could, to avoid being displayed to the world, I suspect, and reacting to the play on the field with obvious intensity. All things combined, it seemed to go way beyond rooting for your brother, rather seemed to be rooting against Tom Brady! After all, he knows another SB victory for TB and the debate is over!

You don't think the fact that the Giants are QBed by his brother might have had something to do with that?

I suppose they could both be lying, but Tom and Peyton have indicated they're friends off the field.

Yeah, they're "friends" off the field... like you and me are friends on Patriot's Planet.

The post game handshake in November, after Manning was upended again at the hands of Brady's Patriots was very telling. When you have just been bested by a "friend", who you probably haven't seen in a while, in a hard-fought game, I would expect the meeting to last more than 2 seconds, three tops! Maybe I'm odd, but if it were me in Manning's cleats, I'm quite certain that I would linger long enough to give TB his due. "Hey, great comeback, Tom....you got me again." and then a shared laugh or two and ending with a sincere "Good job....hope to see you again, in January"...or something to that effect. Just some indication, however small, that this "We are friends off the field" nonsense is nothing but PR on both their part, in all honesty.

Then there was the shot of Peyton in the luxury box during the 2007 Super Bowl, as the Giants were marching down the field for the winning score. There we saw Peyton, lurking as far back in the box as he could, to avoid being displayed to the world, I suspect, and reacting to the play on the field with obvious intensity. All things combined, it seemed to go way beyond rooting for your brother, rather seemed to be rooting against Tom Brady! After all, he knows another SB victory for TB and the debate is over!

I am not sure what Pey would hate worse, Brady getting 4 or his brother doubling him up, that had to be tough on him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txpeytonmanning

Despite orchestrating a thrilling comeback win over the Patriots in the 2006 AFC championship game, Peyton claimed he has not imparted a great deal of advice on Eli, who has not committed a turnover in three games this postseason.

:LOL: >)

Yeah that is advice he wants to stay away from right there...Peyton does not need any advice, how dare they. Although Eli's advice might start with, ok after your D line wrecks havoc for 60 minutes, don't F up the final drive.

Their handshakes have run the gamut, but generally are pretty quick, regardless of who wins.

It's been leaked that they go out to dinner sometimes before games, stuff like that. I don't doubt some kernel of truth in your original post; I'm sure PM thinks about some of the success he might have had if not for Brady & the Pats, who are surely his biggest nemesis (though the Chargers have been one, as well).

But I have little doubt that he was pretty stoked for his brother in that SB.

Back