Could the BB Mystique dyeing?

yackittysacks

Reaction score
Yesterday's OT debacle makes me wonder if the Bill Belichick mystique is dyeing? It used to be that when BB made some crazy ass decision things always worked out for the Patriots. I remember a game years ago in Denver when the Broncos were up by 4pts. The Patriots were deep in their own territory. He ordered the center to snap the ball passed the punter to take a safety. That would put the Broncos up by 6. Instead of punting deep from their own end zone, they would be punting from what the 25 or so. That would pin the Broncos farther back. Long story short, the Broncos went 3 and out and the Patriots won the game. One of the only times BB beat Shanahan. BB's been doing shit like that since then, and it always seems to work. Yesterday I saw 2 things that were questionable. The flea flicker play in the 1st half. I don't ever recall BB (or Offensive Coordinator) call trick plays. That is often a sign of desperation. And then the OT coin flip debacle. That is a strategy that in the past would always work out for the Patriots. Thoughts?

So help me if he comes out with red hair I will kill him myself.

Just shows he has the guts to make the difficult calls and has the balls to do it in front of millions and he takes the criticism publicly when it goes wrong.

Like the 4th down try in Indy years ago. Statisticians said he was right to try it. Same with last night, it worked against your team yackitty in 2013 in OT. We kicked to Denver and win the game. The Vikes did it this year as well.

As Prime said on NFLN last night, BB is the greatest of all time, you don't get the right to question him....

Perhaps the most blatant, unrepentant troll I can recall. Right up there anyway.

Wrong.

If anything its stronger than ever..Injuries galore, and a first round bye tells it all..

No, it's not "dyeing" or dying, either.

People that have paying attention realize that whatever he thinks is best, no matter how stupid it may seem at the time, is always the way to go.

It may not work out, nobody is always correct, but I've learned the hard way that he knows more about football than you, me or all the talking heads combined. Year in and year out he is right way more than he is wrong. Period.

The record says that Bill Belichick gets the benefit of the doubt always and when you think that is wrong, then you should always remember that his way is the best way. Did I mention always? Yes, always.

I'm happy to let him make the decisions and I'll just sit back and watch him be right the vast majority of the time.

If I put every hard decision he has made as an HC here in chart form then he'd probably be right around 90% of the time. Nobody else is even close and we win 12 games every goddamned year and tons of titles, playoff games and trophies.

His mystique is just fine, but thanks for asking.

Whenever BB makes an "against the grain" type of decision, I always think back to that Football Life on him and how he said that he may be called many things, but he's not scared. That has two sides...making the decision, and dealing with the aftermath.

No, it's not "dyeing" or dying, either.

People that have paying attention realize that whatever he thinks is best, no matter how stupid it may seem at the time, is always the way to go.

It may not work out, nobody is always correct, but I've learned the hard way that he knows more about football than you, me or all the talking heads combined. Year in and year out he is right way more than he is wrong. Period.

The record says that Bill Belichick gets the benefit of the doubt always and when you think that is wrong, then you should always remember that his way is the best way. Did I mention always? Yes, always.

I'm happy to let him make the decisions and I'll just sit back and watch him be right the vast majority of the time.

If I put every hard decision he has made as an HC here in chart form then he'd probably be right around 90% of the time. Nobody else is even close and we win 12 games every goddamned year and tons of titles, playoff games and trophies.

His mystique is just fine, but thanks for asking.

For example didn't he ignore Collinsworth's (and Patricia's) cry for a timeout IIRC?

And didn't he take this strange intentional safety at Mile High a bit back?

Always been 100% with you on this.

I don't ever recall BB (or Offensive Coordinator) call trick plays. That is often a sign of desperation.

That's unfortunate, because they do it quite frequently and a bunch of memorable plays happened on those occassions. Brady caught a pass from Amendola, who got the ball on a reverse after a direct snap to White, earlier this month for example. Then there's the Edelman-to-Amendola-TD from the playoffs last season. Then there was a double pass play that involved Brady, Moss and Gaffney for a TD a few years ago. And there's been a bunch of classic flea flickers sprinkled in over the years as well.

That's unfortunate, because they do it quite frequently and a bunch of memorable plays happened on those occassions. Brady caught a pass from Amendola, who got the ball on a reverse after a direct snap to White, earlier this month for example. Then there's the Edelman-to-Amendola-TD from the playoffs last season. Then there was a double pass play that involved Brady, Moss and Gaffney for a TD a few years ago. And there's been a bunch of classic flea flickers sprinkled in over the years as well.

He's just making it all up as he goes along.

Cheers, HappyTim

Yesterday's OT debacle makes me wonder if the Bill Belichick mystique is dyeing? It used to be that when BB made some crazy ass decision things always worked out for the Patriots. I remember a game years ago in Denver when the Broncos were up by 4pts. The Patriots were deep in their own territory. He ordered the center to snap the ball passed the punter to take a safety. That would put the Broncos up by 6. Instead of punting deep from their own end zone, they would be punting from what the 25 or so. That would pin the Broncos farther back. Long story short, the Broncos went 3 and out and the Patriots won the game. One of the only times BB beat Shanahan. BB's been doing shit like that since then, and it always seems to work. Yesterday I saw 2 things that were questionable. The flea flicker play in the 1st half. I don't ever recall BB (or Offensive Coordinator) call trick plays. That is often a sign of desperation. And then the OT coin flip debacle. That is a strategy that in the past would always work out for the Patriots. Thoughts?
the same decision worked in the past, against Denver I believe.

Maybe you are so asshurt over it that you need to come to a Patriots board and post stupid ass trash trolling.

or maybe you are just an assclown in training and I can I be your Jedi trainer helping you fulfill the journey.

Back