Could the BB Mystique dyeing?

Worked for me.

Brady said it himself postgame. "It's not like we were tracking the ball downfield the whole game".

They could barely get a first down. They couldn't convert a third down to save their life.

Why give the Jets a short field to win the game?

You know how it is, when something works you are a genius when it doesn't, you are an idiot. I do think the offense had momentum at that point, but BB has more knowledge about situational football in his tie hair than I have in my whole body.

Worked for me.

Brady said it himself postgame. "It's not like we were tracking the ball downfield the whole game".

They could barely get a first down. They couldn't convert a third down to save their life.

Indeed. I suspect the D just ran out of gas, in fairness to them. I can't really blame the coaches, as a) they had to rebuild the interior O line at some point and b) well there have been some injuries..

Worked for me.

1 for 9 on 3rd downs was the problem. BB trusted his D to stop the Jets more than he trusted our O to move down the field on them. Last thing we'd need is to go 3 and out and give them good field position.

Indeed. I suspect the D just ran out of gas, in fairness to them. I can't really blame the coaches, as a) they had to rebuild the interior O line at some point and b) well there have been some injuries..

I heard this morning that stork had to move to guard because we lost another guard.

You know how it is, when something works you are a genius when it doesn't, you are an idiot. I do think the offense had momentum at that point, but BB has more knowledge about situational football in his tie hair than I have in my whole body.

I don't and I hate that narrative.

They hadn't done jack shit the whole game, manage to connect on a couple of desperation 4th downs, and got lucky that Poor Old David Harris drew James White in coverage.

It's not like they just marched down the field, 6 plays, 80 yards or something.

1 for 9 on 3rd downs was the problem. BB trusted his D to stop the Jets more than he trusted our O to move down the field on them. Last thing we'd need is to go 3 and out and give them good field position.

Well to be fair, the O just moved down the field to tie the game. I think they had a little momentum at that point and maybe the jets were a bit tired on defense. Again though, its not the big deal people made it out to be. Defense just did not stop the jets.

Yup. This. 1 for 9, and I don't really know how they got the 1. Design was really bad on 3rd down most of the game, personnel...

The one I keep coming back to is that 3rd and half-a-yard on the Jets 40, and the Patriots went shotgun twice for some reason.

I don't and I hate that narrative.

They hadn't done jack shit the whole game, manage to connect on a couple of desperation 4th downs, and got lucky that Poor Old David Harris drew James White in coverage.

It's not like they just marched down the field, 6 plays, 80 yards or something.

I thought those 4th down plays were pretty good execution. We have won like that before.

Yup. This. 1 for 9, and I don't really know how they got the 1. Design was really bad on 3rd down most of the game, personnel...

The one I keep coming back to is that 3rd and half-a-yard on the Jets 40, and the Patriots went shotgun twice for some reason.

I think they were stopped a couple times on 3rd and short, so there was not much trust that we could run it.

Yesterday's OT debacle makes me wonder if the Bill Belichick mystique is dyeing? It used to be that when BB made some crazy ass decision things always worked out for the Patriots. I remember a game years ago in Denver when the Broncos were up by 4pts. The Patriots were deep in their own territory. He ordered the center to snap the ball passed the punter to take a safety. That would put the Broncos up by 6. Instead of punting deep from their own end zone, they would be punting from what the 25 or so. That would pin the Broncos farther back. Long story short, the Broncos went 3 and out and the Patriots won the game. One of the only times BB beat Shanahan. BB's been doing shit like that since then, and it always seems to work. Yesterday I saw 2 things that were questionable. The flea flicker play in the 1st half. I don't ever recall BB (or Offensive Coordinator) call trick plays. That is often a sign of desperation. And then the OT coin flip debacle. That is a strategy that in the past would always work out for the Patriots. Thoughts?

Do you like gladiator movies, Joey?

That's interesting. Hadn't thought about that. I still think you recieve though but that does make a certain amount of sense.

Yesterday's OT debacle makes me wonder if the Bill Belichick mystique is dyeing? It used to be that when BB made some crazy ass decision things always worked out for the Patriots. out for the Patriots. Thoughts? . . .
The Jets benefited from a momentary lapse of reason. I hardly think Belichick expected the Jets to do something uncharacteristic of them, which is, you know, to march down the field. I get the reasoning behind why he did it, but it wasn't raining torrentially and there wasn't 50 mph winds whipping around our shared dump.

Belichick has made questionable cutesy calls before and came out on the losing end because he got cutesy (Philly game is the most recent). It doesn't happen often, but it happens. He is also a master at clock management and did some odd stuff on purpose, and I have no clue what the reasoning behind THAT was. Thanks, though.

Some interesting points here. And I mean that whole heartedly! It's good conversation. No doubt BB is a great coach. Arguably the best. It brings up another question. What has made the Patriots so good for so long? Brady or BB?

Cheating obviously...:coffee:

Interesting that you feel that way. I figured you to be with the majority of Pats fans. In all honesty, I don't think the cheating is the reason the Pats have been so good for so long. I put it on Brady!

Interesting that you feel that way. I figured you to be with the majority of Pats fans. In all honesty, I don't think the cheating is the reason the Pats have been so good for so long. I put it on Brady!

The coffee guy means that I'm serious and not sarcastic at all... :coffee:

Back