Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the Pats are not guilty of purposely deflating footballs, should the team receive monies from the league (give us back the Aperp cap space) and a compensatory 1st round draft pick? (top ten would be nice)

Love how the reports coming out that basically show this was a media-driven joke from the start are being passed over with complete disregard. NFL Gameday just had Ian report his stuff and then they moved to the next segment without going to the panel to get their thoughts. Why would they care about setting the record straight, right? And NFL Network was probably one of the most tame networks out there.

Damage has been done, but Pats fans and true football fans know this was a joke from the start.

The best redemption and revenge is to utterly destroy the Hawks tonight.

FWIW, members of my London tennis club, who generally think of the NFL as a boorish sort of enterprise more or less all knew that "one team had cheated with the inflation of the footballs"

Set them all straight.

....and NBC leads off the 4pm pre-game show with this non-story spun against the Patriots ......

I wanted to beat the living fvck out of Collingsworthless and shit down his neck...

Did Collinsworth call Brady a liar? I didn't have that network on but saw someone tweeted that. True or no?

Did Collinsworth call Brady a liar? I didn't have that network on but saw someone tweeted that. True or no?
Not quite, but he had more doubt that Brady was telling the truth... Brady basically said that he is keeping his opinion till the investigation is over.. Collingsworth wanted Tom to be vigilant with his denials.

Not quite, but he had more doubt that Brady was telling the truth... Brady basically said that he is keeping his opinion till the investigation is over.. Collingsworth wanted Tom to be vigilant with his denials.

Yeah, fvck him.

NBC still doing EVERYTHING they can to make the ball non-story bigger than the SB.

Making me sick.

NBC still doing EVERYTHING they can to make the ball non-story bigger than the SB.

Making me sick.

That's why I'm not tuning in until game time, right now I'm watching the Walking dead marathon on AMC

i had faint hopes that after what was posted by rappaport on NFL.com they'd down play the whole thing. so much for that

Not to defend Costas's comments, because I haven't heard them, but you folks have to understand something:

His job, and the jobs of Al Michaels and Cris Collingsworth are not what they used to be. In today's broadcast world, the facts are not nearly important as creating a narrative the audience can easily understand and choose a side. They're not doing "play by play"and "color" anymore. They have become "story tellers" selling a product to the casual observer, who only tunes in during the big games.

In other words, they're like the announcers during WrestleMania
Posted via Mobile Device

We're watching Brady as the Host of Saturday Night Live on VH1... It's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back