Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be very curious if Roger/NFL says anything tomorrow. Doubt it but they could go a long way to settling sh!t down if they came out and said Pats are innocent of any wrong doing. Imagine Media Day if this is still an issue.
Bill said "last he will speak on the topic" and players advised not to talk on topic to media

I believe the NFLPA instructed the players not to speak to the NFL on this.
media

Correct do not talk about ongoing investigation to media

I volunteer to check Katy Perry to make sure she's properly inflated for the game. Wouldn't want those babies to lose any PSI before the halftime show. :party:

np021113_katyperry_article.jpg

Hey all it's been a while. Figured I'd drop in just to say this whole thing has been absolutely priceless. Two press conferences devoted to Belichick's balls. ROFL

Even if the Superbowl goes south we already have Brunell crying as a consolation prize.

GO PATS :party:

So let me get this straight....now the media are discussing our impossibly low fumble rate and raising questions about that??

This is a f**king madness.

So let me get this straight....now the media are discussing our impossibly low fumble rate and raising questions about that??

This is a f**king madness.

That was discussed as part of the football colonoscopy, researching fumble rates and tieing that to deflated balls. Lower pressure in ball = tighter grip = less fumbles.

Or....during that timeframe in question your primary RB was a guy who never fumbled in HS, college, or pro ball.

Nothing to see here.

But by all means, continue your witch hunt.

At this stage Belichick needs to won the SuperBowl and then on the podium, needs to do an obscene Marshawn Lynch style crotch grab and say "Suck on this losers".

Peter King still won't give it up. But the window is narrowing, quite literally. It's down to 6-10 minutes.

If the Colts’ footballs were all delivered to the officials at 13.5 PSI, the crew would have done nothing. If the Patriots’ football were all delivered at 12.5 PSI, the crew would have done nothing. But I don’t know what specific level of pressure the footballs had when they were released to the control of the ball boys.

That six- or 10-minute window is key to this investigation. In fact, it’s the biggest key. Did anything untoward happen in that time?

When this is all blown over, King will just conveniently forget that he ever said anything about this. It's what he does.

Peter King still won't give it up. But the window is narrowing, quite literally. It's down to 6-10 minutes.

When this is all blown over, King will just conveniently forget that he ever said anything about this. It's what he does.

See what King finished his article with? What a load of BS.

And the last word, sort of, from Don Shula.

This comes from Jim Steeg, who for years ran the Super Bowl and big NFL events:

“Back in the seventies, the Dolphins were going to play the Raiders in Oakland. They practiced at the Oakland Coliseum on Saturday, and in the locker room Larry Csonka found laying there the Raiders’ game plan for the next day’s game. He gave it to [Dolphins offensive line coach] Monte Clark to give to Don Shula, which Monte did.

“The next day the Dolphins got beat by the Raiders. Csonka went to Monte and asked, ‘How did we lose? We had their game plan.’

“Monte’s response: ‘I gave it to Don and he threw it in the trash. He said, ‘We do not cheat!'”

I'm not linking to anything that jerk hubbuch writes so if you want to see the original article,the link is in this story. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-seeing-patriots-in-another-controversy/Jets players enjoy seeing Patriots in another controversy

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 26, 2015, 6:33 AM EST
New England Patriots v New York Jets
Getty Images
We’ve found someone more skeptical of Bill Belichick’s #DeflateGate claims than Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Jets Pro Bowlers Nick Mangold and Sheldon Richardson said after the Pro Bowl they weren’t surprised to hear their division rivals involved in another controversy.

“That’s the Patriots,” Richardson said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “I’m not surprised at all. If they ain’t winning with controversy, they ain’t winning. . . .

“It’s funny when they say, ‘We keep it professional and clean cut.’ Because they don’t. They don’t at all.”

Mangold was also skeptical of the fact 11 of the 12 balls the Patriots put into play were all under-inflated, while none of the Colts’ were.

“All 12 of [the Patriots’] balls having something wrong with them does tell you something is amiss,” Mangold said. “It does seem like it’s always something with the Patriots. It does seem that way.”

And it does seem like the Jets would be all too happy to enjoy their rivals’ misfortune.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not linking to anything that jerk hubbuch writes so if you want to see the original article,the link is in this story. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-seeing-patriots-in-another-controversy/Jets players enjoy seeing Patriots in another controversy

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 26, 2015, 6:33 AM EST
New England Patriots v New York Jets
Getty Images
We’ve found someone more skeptical of Bill Belichick’s #DeflateGate claims than Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Jets Pro Bowlers Nick Mangold and Sheldon Richardson said after the Pro Bowl they weren’t surprised to hear their division rivals involved in another controversy.

“That’s the Patriots,” Richardson said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “I’m not surprised at all. If they ain’t winning with controversy, they ain’t winning. . . .

“It’s funny when they say, ‘We keep it professional and clean cut.’ Because they don’t. They don’t at all.”

Mangold was also skeptical of the fact 11 of the 12 balls the Patriots put into play were all under-inflated, while none of the Colts’ were.

“All 12 of [the Patriots’] balls having something wrong with them does tell you something is amiss,” Mangold said. “It does seem like it’s always something with the Patriots. It does seem that way.”

And it does seem like the Jets would be all too happy to enjoy their rivals’ misfortune.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Jests and rivals misfortune should NEVER appear in the same sentence. Perennial 6-10 asshats.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...n-i-moved-past-it-because-its-not-serving-me/
Tom Brady on D&C regarding Deflategate: ‘My feelings got hurt. Then I moved past it, because it’s not serving me’
By Jerry Spar on January 26, 2015 at 8:00 am ET
Tom Brady
Tom Brady

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, making his weekly appearance on WEEI’s Dennis & Callahan show, acknowledged that his “feelings got hurt” during last week’s attacks on his integrity and again issued a staunch denial of any role in Deflategate. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.

Brady insisted he has never told an equipment manager or ball boy to deflate a football after it was inspected by a game official, and that includes last Sunday’s AFC championship game against the Colts, when the Patriots’ offensive footballs were found to have been deflated more than the league rules allow.

“Absolutely not,” he said. “Look, I don’t want to keep getting into this. No, I didn’t and I haven’t and I never will. That’s obviously how I feel and the kind of person that I am.

“No one knows the facts. I picked 24 balls, that’s what I picked. Whatever happened after I did it and whatever the situation was where they measured them, I have no idea [about] any of those facts. I try to stay really humble and deal with the facts that I know. When you don’t know something, all I can say is I don’t know. I know that’s not always the answer that people want to hear, but that’s the reality.”

Asked if he had any idea why the balls were at the improper PSI, Brady offered no explanation.

“It’s all speculation,” Brady said. “I’ve tried to wrap my head around it, too. I’ve done that and I’m trying to move past that, because I continue to try to rehash things. I personalized a lot of things and thought this was all about me, and my feelings got hurt. Then I moved past it, because it’s not serving me. What’s serving me is try to prepare for the game ahead. I’ll deal with whatever happens later. I’ll have my opportunity to try to figure out what happened and figure out a theory like everyone else is trying to do. But this isn’t the time for that. Honestly, I’m not interested in trying to find out right now, because we have the biggest game of our season ahead.”

Brady said he’s turned a negative situation into a positive one by ignoring the critics and focusing on those who support him.

“Everybody’s entitled to their opinion,” he said. “Everyone will say, ‘God, it’s been a tough week for you.’ It’s been a great week for me. It’s been a great week for me to really be able to recalibrate the things that are important in my life and understand the people that support me and love me and care about me. That’s been the best thing to come out about this week.

“Like I said, it’s all part of the business. You deal with ups and downs, the good and the bad. I’m excited to play in the Super Bowl for the sixth time. It’s a pretty amazing accomplishment for our team based on where we started. That’s where I’m at. I’m at a great place. We’ve had a great week of practice. We’re going to go down and try to finish strong.”

Brady said he plans to focus 100 percent on Sunday’s game going forward, despite the fact that he’ll undoubtedly continue to get bombarded with questions about it after the team arrives in Arizona late Monday.

“I’ve said everything I can on the matter to this point,” he said. “I think it just is a lot of wasted energy for me to talk about it more and more and more. The more energy I have for this game coming up, the better I’ll be. I don’t plan on talking about it at all. I want to go out there and I want to play the best game I can possibly play. This team makes it hard on you to do that because they’ve got one of the best defenses in the NFL, certainly one of the best over the last three years.

“It’s really about this week and ignoring what anyone may say or think or do or feel. Everyone has had an opinion to this point. Everyone can speculate all they want on what happened. That’s their right, that’s their opinion. Part of playing professional sports is dealing with the good and the bad. Coach has taught us for a long time to ignore the noise and focus on what we control. That’s what we’re going to do.”

Brady continues to count coach Bill Belichick among his confidantes, despite speculation that the coach sold out his quarterback in his Thursday press conference.

“I’ve never once felt that we’re not on the same page,” Brady said. “He’s a great coach. He’s the only coach I’ve ever played for; he’s the only coach I’d ever want to play for. There’s a lot of people over the years that have criticized him, but I’d say there’s not one player who’s every played for him who’s not had an unbelievable amount of respect for him and how he prepares and his diligence and his preparation.

“We always see things eye to eye. We both want to win. That’s what it’s always about for us, and I think that’s why we get along so well. There’s nothing that surprises me with him. When he puts his mind to something there’s nobody better at figuring it out.”
Posted via Mobile Device

So how did Bill, that cheating cheater who cheats fabricate his phoney test results?

simpe:

The old SLIME pressure gauge trick. :coffee:

BostonTim

I see what you did there... Yeah king sucks and lost his fastball and is only behind Mort in the "need to be put out to pasture" group

See what King finished his article with? What a load of BS.
They lost because he followed the fake playbook and Shula was outsmarted by Al Davis

Thanks SC. This is actually Bushy T Beaver. Haven't been on the site in awhile, password wasn't working and mods not answering my emails. So I've been reborn, so to speak.

I didn't get no stinkin email.

:harumph:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back