Deflategate Confessional

I need to come clean.

This morning at a meeting I was wearing my "Goodell Can Kiss My *ss" t-shirt and one of the guys at the meeting started giving me shit about Brady destroying his phone.

I got heated and said a few things I definitely shouldn't have said. In front of about 25 people. At an AA meeting.

I took the hour and cooled off and apologized. I like this guy and I let my emotions get the best of me. Granted - he shouldn't have gotten me going but you can't help how other people are in the real world.

Anyone else still feeling bitter about this whole debacle?
Well, it appears you could have handled the situation better.

Rather than confront him verbally in front of all those people, you should have just kicked him in the nuts and walked away.

I would have cut the bitch but then again I have issues

12th step them with a spiritual awakening up side the head - the 12 steps of Mikiemo83

I found looking like a nut helps keep the comments down travelling.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Did I miss something? congrats buddy!!!
You must have missed it. Thanks. Diane is awesome

embrace the hate. Sweep the leg and move on to the next meeting.

The only thing I'm bitter about is, I still want an all black uni, I mean Darth frickin' Vader black.

"Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

"Holding on to misinformation a 7th grade public school system science class rather easily explains makes one markedly more stupid than a 7th grade student."

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

embrace the hate. Sweep the leg and move on to the next meeting.

The only thing I'm bitter about is, I still want an all black uni, I mean Darth frickin' Vader black.

That would be balls!

The vast majority of reasonable NFL fans have basically disregarded Deflategate as a lot of noise over nothing. Brady's performance post-gate has made it hard for anyone to cry foul.

It's only a handful of people who are a special kind of stupid who still throw it around. You'll never be able to get through to them anyway. So eff them.

The vast majority of reasonable NFL fans have basically disregarded Deflategate as a lot of noise over nothing.

I'd actually like to see an unbiased, unnuanced, undirected professional survey re that.

Cheers

I'd actually like to see an unbiased, unnuanced, undirected professional survey re that.

Cheers

Me too. I guess it's strictly anecdotal on my part, but I don't get the idea that a lot of people who follow the NFL closely believe that it had much of an impact.

In somewhat related news, the NFL announced that Goodell will be attending the NFCCG.

Nutkick

In somewhat related news, the NFL announced that Goodell will be attending the NFCCG.

Nutkick

I'm shocked.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HMIyDf3gBoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

...and I just posted the Wikipedia link to Spygate on facebook to educate some ignorant Giant fan that it wasn't about taping the Rams walk through.

WTF is wrong is with me? I think I need (another) twelve step program.

...and I just posted the Wikipedia link to Spygate on facebook to educate some ignorant Giant fan that it wasn't about taping the Rams walk through.

why do you even bother? Fukk them.

There are many people out there that don't even know what Spygate is/was...

It's a lost argument, people already have a formulated opinion and refuse to focus on the facts

Luckily I don't have to listen to that DG crap up here, I wear my Patriots hoodie and hat almost daily and I have yet to have anyone give me any shit about it. Most people I talk too when it comes to the Pats agree that it was some seriously overblown BS and the suspension should have never happened.

I think most of the people that continue on with the DG stuff are simply haters that don't care about the truth enough to figure it out for themselves. I don't bother arguing about Deflategate anymore, it simply isn't worth trying to convince someone that won't listen because of the hatred for all things Pats.

Right now the only thing that bugs me is the whole head set thing, are we the only fans that know how this works? Pittsburgh fans on other boards continually bring this up whenever they play the Pats. Are they really that stupid or is the hate really that strong? :banghead:

It sounds like Kraft might still have some resentment about it.

New England Patriots’ Owner, Still Sore at N.F.L., Has Payback in Sight

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — The N.F.L. likes portraying itself as one big family of owners, players and fans who, despite their differences, come together on game days.

Yet at the Super Bowl in Houston in two weeks, the N.F.L. may have no choice but to air a public and profound grudge on national television. If the New England Patriots defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday as they are favored to do and go on to beat either the Atlanta Falcons or the Green Bay Packers for the title, the league commissioner, Roger Goodell, will have to present the Lombardi Trophy to Robert K. Kraft, the owner of the Patriots.

The moment would be delicious payback for Kraft, who is still simmering about the four-game suspension his quarterback, Tom Brady, served as a result of the cheating scandal known as Deflategate, after the underinflated footballs meant to give him a throwing advantage.

. . .

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/sports/football/patriots-robert-kraft-nfl-roger-goodell.html?_r=0

It probably won't surprise anyone to learn that I got into an argument with a 10 year old about DFG while vacationing in Maryland this past summer.

It probably won't surprise anyone to learn that I got into an argument with a 10 year old about DFG while vacationing in Maryland this past summer.

And your music is just so calming, Justin. ROFL

Back