Deflategate Confessional

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
I need to come clean.

This morning at a meeting I was wearing my "Goodell Can Kiss My *ss" t-shirt and one of the guys at the meeting started giving me shit about Brady destroying his phone.

I got heated and said a few things I definitely shouldn't have said. In front of about 25 people. At an AA meeting.

I took the hour and cooled off and apologized. I like this guy and I let my emotions get the best of me. Granted - he shouldn't have gotten me going but you can't help how other people are in the real world.

Anyone else still feeling bitter about this whole debacle?

I need to come clean.

This morning at a meeting I was wearing my "Goodell Can Kiss My *ss" t-shirt and one of the guys at the meeting started giving me shit about Brady destroying his phone.

I got heated and said a few things I definitely shouldn't have said. In front of about 25 people. At an AA meeting.

I took the hour and cooled off and apologized. I like this guy and I let my emotions get the best of me. Granted - he shouldn't have gotten me going but you can't help how other people are in the real world.

No, I think it's just you.

:poke:

:stirpot:

:coffee:

I'm still pissed at the unfairness, but it doesn't dominate my mind.
Hey, you apologized to the guy, that was cool of you.

Goodell was counting on stupid people to be fooled when he threw the "destroyed phone" thing out there. It worked with enough people.

If you let Goodell fool you, that's on you.

I need to come clean.

I would have spit on him. Hell yeah, I'm still bitter. I'll always be bitter. That POS has caused us to have to defend ourselves, our team, our QB, our coach, our Super Bowl wins, and more.

Most people have said Brady shouldn't win MVP because he was suspended four games. Bullshit. The vote should be on the body of work in the games he played.

Many people have speculated that neither Brady or Belichick will get into the HOF on the first ballot because of the "cheating".

It's never going away. I hate him. I hope someone pushes him out of the box if he dares to show up on Sunday in Foxboro and he splats onto the field. And I hate, I mean hate, anyone immediately that says one word in person to me about cheating, deflategate, or any of the crap that that idiot at 345 has caused the intellectually challenged majority of this country to spew out.

Though, nothing should surprise me about the idiocy of this country right about now.

Ninth step be damned in this case, PF64.

Count me in the still bitter category.
However, if there are more Lombardi's in the future, it will lessen the blow.

I get shit all the time down here. When deflated footballs comes up, I say, "It's the only way to throw a good pass. Your QB should try it."

Bitter?

I don't know.

I do know that I'm looking forward to somebody really getting in my face about it one of these days, but that never happens. It always ends up as a good-natured joke.

Last week I was down in Florida and my wife asks a security guy for directions to something. Guy says "I'd tell you, but I don't want to deflate your expectations" and then I realize I'm wearing a Pats hoodie. So, there are hardy hars all around, I get him to admit he's a Dolphins fan and no, he'd prefer I didn't explain the ideal gas law to him.

Most of the time the attitude I get is "I got nothing but this to harass you with so allow me this small measure of dignity."

I need to come clean.

You have to imagine what Brady and BB feel. They use that moment in time for their reason why.

And yes, it was absolutely BS what happened.

Bitter?

I don't know.

I do know that I'm looking forward to somebody really getting in my face about it one of these days, but that never happens. It always ends up as a good-natured joke.

Last week I was down in Florida and my wife asks a security guy for directions to something. Guy says "I'd tell you, but I don't want to deflate your expectations" and then I realize I'm wearing a Pats hoodie. So, there are hardy hars all around, I get him to admit he's a Dolphins fan and no, he'd prefer I didn't explain the ideal gas law to him.

Most of the time the attitude I get is "I got nothing but this to harass you with so allow me this small measure of dignity."

I'm sometimes surprised I don't get crap when I travel because I'm always decked out in Pats gear. The closest was this past summer while visiting our daughter in Missoula. Went to a local brewery and the bartender makes a comment about deflated tires. My daughter looked at him and said, "Whether you get a tip or not depends on what you say next." There wasn't another peep out of him.

I'm still very bitter, it has killed the love fest I've had for the NFL the past 46 plus years of being a fan. But the light has turned, my fiancé is a rabbed Patriots fan and watching and being with her on game days has eased the pain I've had since the false investigation was determined.

I'm sometimes surprised I don't get crap when I travel because I'm always decked out in Pats gear. The closest was this past summer while visiting our daughter in Missoula. Went to a local brewery and the bartender makes a comment about deflated tires. My daughter looked at him and said, "Whether you get a tip or not depends on what you say next." There wasn't another peep out of him.

Most likely a Seachickens fan...:coffee:

I need to come clean.

I would have cut the bitch but then again I have issues

I would have spit on him. Hell yeah, I'm still bitter. I'll always be bitter. That POS has caused us to have to defend ourselves, our team, our QB, our coach, our Super Bowl wins, and more.

Most people have said Brady shouldn't win MVP because he was suspended four games. Bullshit. The vote should be on the body of work in the games he played.

Many people have speculated that neither Brady or Belichick will get into the HOF on the first ballot because of the "cheating".

It's never going away. I hate him. I hope someone pushes him out of the box if he dares to show up on Sunday in Foxboro and he splats onto the field. And I hate, I mean hate, anyone immediately that says one word in person to me about cheating, deflategate, or any of the crap that that idiot at 345 has caused the intellectually challenged majority of this country to spew out.

Though, nothing should surprise me about the idiocy of this country right about now.

Ninth step be damned in this case, PF64.
12th step them with a spiritual awakening up side the head - the 12 steps of Mikiemo83

I found looking like a nut helps keep the comments down travelling.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I'm still very bitter, it has killed the love fest I've had for the NFL the past 46 plus years of being a fan. But the light has turned, my fiancé is a rabbed Patriots fan and watching and being with her on game days has eased the pain I've had since the false investigation was determined.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Did I miss something? congrats buddy!!!

Equipment violations are $25K fine per incident, and nobody talks about the Colts balls that were under. Agenda

Not 4 games, million dollar fines, and loss of a 1st round pick. And it was never about footballs it was about Article 46 in the CBA in regards to the Commissioner having final say in suspensions

Stupidest thing ever

I was in a business meeting this past March in Europe. Hit Italy, France, Germany and finally Switzerland.

At dinner, one of my colleagues from China asked about the Super Bowl and I told him I am a Patriots fan. His broken english was basically, "oh, the team that cheats". He's a good guy, so I didn't try to hard to correct him. I know he doesn't care one way of another. But still.

Then in Zurich, checking out of the hotel to fly back home and the guy at the counter said something like, "Ohhh, zom brazy". I didn't understand until he pointed at my Pats hat atop my head. "Oh, Tom Brady, yes, yes" I said. He went on to compliment him profusely, ripped up my mini bar ticket, and offered me a breakfast voucher (which I declined) before I headed to the attached airport. Real nice guy and seriously, he didn't have to do it.

He did seem to have some knowledge of American Football, know the name of the QB who's team emblem was on my hat. So this was a nice end to my trip.

But as for the question at hand. I would literally watch GoodHELL lose his head on a guillotine. Seriously. Heck, I'd even pull the rope. No problems here.

Literally.

Back